Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Neck acne Help!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Ahhh, Mad

I don't know what is going on...but my neck is breaking out!! My face is clear and looking great, but my neck...ick! Right now, I have about 5 lumps that don't want to go away. I hate this. Last time I was sick, I noticed how dry my neck looked and started using the OCM more and moisturize.

Instead of looking better it has gotten worse (FYI: when my face drys out I tend to break out, but now my neck isn't dry and it isn't improving).

The weather has been wonky lately (snow, windy, heat...) so that could be it or maybe it is the Jergens Natural glow.....but my face feels fine. Can a persons neck skin be that much different from face skin?

How do you all care for the home of the 'waddle?'

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Deanne123,
I get neck acne all the time, just as much as face acne. For me, it tends to be caused by four things. Not changing my pillowcase enough, residue from a new shampoo or conditioner in my hair touching my neck, hairspray, lotions/sunscreens. This is especially true when I don't exfoliate my neck along with my face. Oh yeah, and my scarf and zip up pullovers with high necks will do it too. HTH
tularyn
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
My neck has been breaking out too. I get clusters of bumps--almost like cystic acne, but some w/ whiteheads too. Never on both sides of my neck at the same time though. I don't know why and it's driving me crazy.

What's been "working" (though it's not instant) is applying a mixture of aloe gel, a few drops of jojoba oil, and a drop of a mixture of EOs (tea tree, lavendar, and ylang ylang) all over my face and neck and chest 2x a day.

I just placed a big order at Personal Formulator and one of the things I plan to make is the homemade version of the Emulsion Pure. Hopefully that will help!
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
Try Carly's Clear and Smooth BP 2% cleanser. You use it once a day and this stuff knocks the acne right off your skin. Doesn't look very nice because they sell this stuff in huge 16oz bottles, but I THINK if you buy the soap, the company will definitely send a 2oz try me bottle of the cleanser. This is what they sent to me recently. The site iswww.no-acne.com
Kimmy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Try Carly's Clear and Smooth BP 2% cleanser. You use it once a day and this stuff knocks the acne right off your skin. Doesn't look very nice because they sell this stuff in huge 16oz bottles, but I THINK if you buy the soap, the company will definitely send a 2oz try me bottle of the cleanser. This is what they sent to me recently. The site iswww.no-acne.com

I just went to the website for carly's clear and smooth cleanser, but looking at the ingredient list I'm a little hesitant. Third on the list is "oils: coconut, olive, soybean, cottonseed" followed by shea butter. I am very sensitive to breakouts, even if I get lipgloss on the skin around my mouth.

Does this stuff really work?
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Kimmy, did you read the comments on the feedback forum. Also check their ebay store comments too. Their website has a ton of information. You'll be reading for hours.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Adult-Acne-I-wonder-how-I-lived-without-this-stuff_W0QQitemZ5655790552QQcategoryZ29618QQcmdZViewItem

As for the oils they say the ingredients are low to non comenogenic ingredients in all of their products. There are lots of comments from people who say the very same thing you do. I've been using this cleanser off and on for several years and have not broken out. I break out very easily...believe me. And Customer Service is A1.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:47 am      Reply with quote
I am very prone to breakouts so I have been putting aveda composition for acne on my face at night and then on trouble areas (under moisturizer) during the day and it has kept them at bay.
canadagal
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:23 am      Reply with quote
if you want to get rid of your acne forever you need to do a liver cleanse. I have been reading onwww.curezone.com in the forums there about acne and so many people swear by the liver cleansing and that it has gotten rid of it for good. a liver cleanse is a very simple thing to do, takes one day. although some people take 3-4 cleanse before the acne is permanetly gone. vheck out the acne forum and liver forum and you will see so many peoples results. I am starting my first cleanse next week and will keep you all posted!
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:55 am      Reply with quote
I would begin with a natural detoxifier such as beet juice. Here is a good site: http://altmedangel.com/liver.htm

I have done this occasionally by juicing a half apple, 1 carrot and a small beet. I'll never know if it works; I supposed good health is an indicator. I don't put too much faith in other detoxifying programs.
Kimmy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Susie Q,
I guess I hadn't looked at the site all that carefully. After reading all the rave reviews, and the information about using animal fats in other skin creams I decided to order both the clear & smooth acne treatment and the daytime moisturizer for acne prone skin. They have to ship it all the way from Florida, so it may take a while to get here, but I'll let you know how it goes when I get it.
I think everyone should read the info they posted on ebay about what's really in your moisturizer - rotting animal fat! Shock You will have nightmares!

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-best-MOISTURIZER-in-the-world-only-15_W0QQitemZ9501810451QQcategoryZ21205QQcmdZViewItem

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, and as for what I've found to be very effective for spot treating acne - especially cyctic acne - tea tree oil.

The pure stuff works, if you can stand the smell. (My bf is not a fan) So I picked up this stuff by @mosphere, that I found in shoppers drug mart. It's a combo of tea tree oil, witch hazel and a few other things.

It comes in a little lip gloss like bottle with a roller-ball application, should be near the other facial cleansers.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
deanne123 wrote:
Ahhh, Mad

Last time I was sick, I noticed how dry my neck looked and started using the OCM more and moisturize.

Instead of looking better it has gotten worse (FYI: when my face drys out I tend to break out, but now my neck isn't dry and it isn't improving).

'

Hi, when I started to use OCM method, my skin started to break out, I stopped it for a while. In a few weeks I came back to the OCM, but after cleaning my skin I put jojoba mixed with rose hip oil to moisturize. Thanks God, my skin stopped to break out. Give it a time, your skin with time should clear out on your neck with the constant use of OCM.
HTH
Lara

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
Oh I know Kimmy! You WILL get your Carley's much quicker. I live in BC and it usually takes about 10 week days to get to me. The daytime moisturizer will leave your skin MATTE if you have a problem with oily skin. You'll receive generous samples of other stuff too. YES let me know how you like it!
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
Forgot to say Kimmy, I have a bottle of the Plantation Tree Tea Oil and wow ever potent and I've used it on cuts or scrapes but not on a breakout yet.
mixCD
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Kimmy wrote:
Quote:

I just went to the website for carly's clear and smooth cleanser, but looking at the ingredient list I'm a little hesitant. Third on the list is "oils: coconut, olive, soybean, cottonseed" followed by shea butter. I am very sensitive to breakouts, even if I get lipgloss on the skin around my mouth.

Does this stuff really work?

so coconut oil can cause breakouts?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:17 am      Reply with quote
it's so rare,my neck skin is always dry Sad
vesta

Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
Beware of 'roller-ball" type applicators, they can collect bacteria and allow it to grow in the bottle. In time, it can grow into enough bad stuff to give you an infection the next time you use the product. I got a terrible-looking staph infection this way.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Kimmy wrote:
Oh, and as for what I've found to be very effective for spot treating acne - especially cyctic acne - tea tree oil.

The pure stuff works, if you can stand the smell. (My bf is not a fan) So I picked up this stuff by @mosphere, that I found in shoppers drug mart. It's a combo of tea tree oil, witch hazel and a few other things.

It comes in a little lip gloss like bottle with a roller-ball application, should be near the other facial cleansers.

I actually just tried the @MOSPHERE thing you are talking about and after 1 week there was "mould" like in the bottle.

Also there seems to be barely any tea tree oil in it as it does not smell at all.

I bought 2 of these and had to throw them both out as "stuff" seemed to be in the tube and they turned couldy after less than 1 week of use.

I only used these on clean skin in the AM.
It did not make my skin worse,but the product is just as good as putting water on your skin Sad

Right now I have the Herbal Authority blemish stick and it has alcohol,witch hazel,tea tree oil,lavender.calendula,orange flower oil.

I usually buy 10 of those sticks at a time from Puritans pride.
They end up costing around $3 each.

They seem to work, and I have never seen "stuff" growing in the tube of these ones.

I sometimes like to use these as I do not like having tons of stuff on my face at once, and these absorb very well!

Sorry for replying for such an old post,but this is def one of the worse most useless product I tried.

I also just tried a sample of the Mario Badescu "toner" for the body. They have a thing like a toner but for body acne.

But if I were to actually buy this I think the face version of that product worked better and has sulfur in it.
I am not sure if I'll order that yet, as I do not really need it all the time and still have my samples of it.
mikamika
5% products discount

Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:29 am      Reply with quote
Try Neostrata's Ultra Smoothing Lotion.... 8% glycolic and 2% citric acid, great for preventing acne and sloughing away dead skin, dirt etc.

Or basically anything AHA/BHA would do... Smile
sogardtm

Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:45 am      Reply with quote
Hey...
here you can find some useful articles about your problem! acne[dot]comeze[dot]com
All the best!
Mirielle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Use tea tree oil! I find that it is very refreshing and dries up my zits fast. You could try using some body wash with tea tree oil in it
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:55 am      Reply with quote
Deanne,

I also get the neck ick when the weather changes...most helpful to date has been a mask with Kaolin clay and a couple powders, myrrh, sandalwood and frankincense and then throw in some crushed aspirin and mix that with milk [ just a little ]....it calmed down the neck yucks big time for me. I get it under the jawline and is just plain gross. Not much to see, but I can feel it and some times the neck ones are quite atrocious. The mask and the OCM has made a huge difference.

Then I use a hemp seed serum with Vit A and Vit E and a couple EO's after I wipe down with my ACV toner [ 50/50 ACV and water with tea tree oil, Juniper berry oil,cajeput oil and Eucalyptus blue gum ]. It's much much better. Takes a little time...but worth it.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |