Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Age Intervention Eyelash by Jan Marini
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Twinmommy2
5% products discount

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

I hear that Essential Day Spa sells a lot of these and can't keep it in stock. Was wondering if anyone is using this currently and getting results? Can you tell me how long you have been using it and what it's doing for you?

Thanks!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:02 am      Reply with quote
Do a search for "Jan Marini Age Intervention" on the forum and you'll find some posts where a couple of us have posted our thoughts on it.

5% products discount

Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:39 am      Reply with quote
i did so a search and not that much info. I saw that u used it, for how long? They say u have to use it for well over 3 months to get long full lashes. Up to 6 months to get even better results.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Twinmommy2 wrote:
i did so a search and not that much info. I saw that u used it, for how long? They say u have to use it for well over 3 months to get long full lashes. Up to 6 months to get even better results.
I've been using it on one eye since Valentine's Day (using my homemade serum on the other eye). It DOES work, but not really any better than my homemade lash serum. Still, among all the store-bought lash serums that I've tried (and I've tried almost all of them), it is the best. Even better than the former HG combo of Lucia + Ardell!!

5% products discount

Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:45 am      Reply with quote
are yours getting longer, fuller?? It's good to hear that it is good stuff. I started using it 1 week ago, so I have awhile till I start seeing something.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:49 am      Reply with quote
Twinmommy2 wrote:
are yours getting longer, fuller?? It's good to hear that it is good stuff. I started using it 1 week ago, so I have awhile till I start seeing something.
Mostly longer, with a lot of new baby lashes sprouting. For over $125+ a pop, the stuff better give us all inch-long, false-looking eyelashes!!!! But again, I must emphasize, that the difference I am seeing on the other set of lashes being treated with my homemade serum are about the same as those on the eye using the JM stuff.

5% products discount

Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:53 am      Reply with quote
that is ok though at least you are seeing good results either way. This stuff really works. I talked to reps at jan marini and most girls get false looking lashes after 3 months or longer....example, jan marini had alopecia and now people acuse her of wearing false eyelashes, another women i talked to that works for another company that sells it said people think she is still wearing her extensions. I think it is the best out there. What is your homemade serum made of? Are your baby hairs sprouting growing and making your eyelashes fuller? When did you see baby hairs sprouting..at what week?
Thanks.
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:27 am      Reply with quote
But am trying to figure out how to explain to my husband that I'm spending this kind of $$ on my eyelashes!

I figure I can probably hold out for another week or so before I have to order it--if only to find out if it works for me.

In the meantime, keep us posted on your progress.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
How long does the first bottle last? How many would it take to go 3 months?
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Where can you get it fro $128?

It is selling on ebay for $100 starting bid right now. $135 buy it now.

Yesterday buy it now for $100. I was tempted but someone got it b4 I could make a decision.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:36 am      Reply with quote
It was up on Ebay for $75 yesterday- no bids yet. At the end of the day there was just one. Don't they know if you just wait and wait and LEAVE the price alone, you get it for a better deal??? Instead there was this stupid bidding war going on and it jacked up the price to $110. It really could have been a good deal if they would have just left it alone. Never, Never bid until the last day,hell, last minute- all you do it bump the price up for yourself.

This person had one purchase under their belt so that explains it...
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:39 am      Reply with quote
Oh! I forgot to add that when I woke up this morning there were 13 bids for the Jan marini AIE and that's how it shot up to $110. 13 for crying out loud.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Well I found a decent price for JM eyelash and bought it. Should arrive tomorrow. I ran out of Lucia and it wasn't doing anything for me anyway. Too anxious to wait for Carekate b/c I was concerned about stopping for awhile and what it would do to my lashes.

Has anyone had any luck with this on eyebrows as well?

Thnx
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:51 am      Reply with quote
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:
Has anyone had any luck with this on eyebrows as well?

i know you didn't like the Ardell (which didn't particularly thrill me on the eyes either), but.... well, rather than waste it, i've been using it as a brow groomer in the day. it's actually quite stunning. slowly, ever so slowly, a tiny bald spot in my brow from a car accident is starting to grow in. and the rest of the brow area (i'm pathetic at plucking so i have it waxed when i go to the states and let it grow other wise) is just sprouting like crazy. if you still have a tube of Ardell around, you might want to try it again for just your brows.

look forward to hearing your review of the jan marni. Very Happy
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Ihad two tubes of it left and sold it to another EDS gal. I also ordered a couple of tubes of Dreamlash b/c Ihad some success with it way back. They took so long to get it to me and now I have the JM so I think I'll send it back. I really want to see if the JM works so I'm not going to use anything else.

Thanks
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to post that I took some really close up shots of my lashes and one eyebrow.

I'll post on my website the progress after 3 weeks. (they say measurable dif in 3 weeks) and then 6 weeks and up to 3 months. IF there is real progress I'll buy another tube and show up to 6 months.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
I used Jan Marini Age Intervention Lash for a few months. Prior to starting JM I was using Lucia. Lucia made a difference in both length and thickness of my lashes so I was not expecting much from JM. Let me tell you, JM Lash is awesome. Very Happy After approximately three weeks of use my thin, short lashes (improved by Lucia) were THICK. I am thrilled with the results as I prefer not to wear mascara on a daily basis.

JM is rediculously expensive. I probably won't repurchase it and go back to Lucia and Ardell (would love to try Carrie's potion). If money is no object do give JM a try. It certainly worked for me.

With any of these lash growth products you do need to be consistant with use. I went though a period of not using my lash products and started to see regression.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:29 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
If they DO start making the imposter LipFusion in colored versions (which I personally feel is inevitable!), I just hope they make them more “pigmented” than the colored LipFusions because I thought those were a complete waste of money. I tried three of them and I honestly couldn’t tell any difference between them and when I just applied the original clear!
Oh dear, this is one of the times when I really miss the "edit" button, because CareKate obviously posted this in the wrong thread!! :opps: :opps: :opps:

Back to the eyelashes: I tinted my lashes this weekend with my 1000 Hours kit and I have to say that I had a devil of a time trying to apply the protective layer of vaseline near the corner of my eyes because my lashes are so long there that it was all but impossible to keep the vaseline from getting on my lashes there!

Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |