Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Pure Skin Formualtion 12% or 20%
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Janie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
I've used 10% vit c and ordered the PSF 12%. my question is- Do you think that I should get the 20% instead? I've used retin a at night for a few years.
Thanks for your help!
Janie
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
I also use Retin-A almost nightly (the exception is those nights I feel particularly LAZY and do nothing). I use the 20% from PSF and have had no problems from the strength.

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
If you have used the 10% for a while then I'd go with the 20%.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
I'm also puzzling over this.

I've used one bottle of the PSF 12% but I'm not sure if this means I should move on to the 20%... How do I know I should move up? Could someone explain for me please!

Kiwigirl.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
Kiwigirl.. have you ever tried any C serums at 20%??

When I got my SC 10% FE 15% and 20%, I used all three and found I had no reaction to any of them, so I just stuck with the 20% since it's better for the skin. (Funny how my skin seems to react to many other acidic ingredients though)

I guess if your skin is non-sensitive, then a few weeks or months should be enough for your skin to get used to ramping up.. or just start the 20% slowly..
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 12:34 am      Reply with quote
I use the 20% and really like it. I was using skinceuticals 20% before though, so never tried the 12%.
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 5:48 am      Reply with quote
when I first starting using Vit C, my first product was the PSF 20%. I had no reactions at all!!!! Its a great product!
Nymue
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 6:01 am      Reply with quote
I also think you should go with the 20%. I'm currently using the 12% and having absolutely zero problems with it. I'm pretty sure I could have started off with the 20% and been fine. Wink
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 6:22 am      Reply with quote
I normally can't tolerate Vit C but reading all these posts is tempting me to try the PSF 12%. I've heard it's more gentle than other Vit C serums. What results are you seeing from it or from the 20%?
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
Stardust.. from the sample of 12% I have used, I had very good results from it. I have weird skin which is sensitive to a lot of things, but I had no problems using it straight on my face, even after exfoliation.

It made my skin really smooth.. can't say much about its effect on wrinkles/acne marks because didnt have any during that time.

It was quite greasy for my liking, esp using during the day under the works of moisturiser, primer, makeup etcetc.

What sort of intolerance do you have with C serums?? Just general redness/peeling or like severe reactions?? Just wondering, because there may be a way to adjust your application of the C onto your skin to make it more tolerable.
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 6:17 am      Reply with quote
miranets - when I first started using Vit C, the 10%(?) homemade serum worked quite well. Brightened and got rid of those little bumps you can't really see but can feel. Then I decided to try a commercial version, LRP Active C. Everything was fine at first then I started getting red dry patches and now I'm so sensitive I can't even use a very weak homemade version. Crying or Very sad

I have ordered a sample pack from PSF so even though I probably shouldn't, I just know I'm going to try the included 12%. Rolling Eyes Oh well, it won't be the first time in recent months that I've knowingly used the wrong product and had to deal with irritated skin afterwards.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Stardust.. I know how you feel about using products that have sensitised the skin (ie Clinique!!)

Have you tried using some condition products to help 'heal' the skin?? I found the Dr H Revitalising Mask to be great for that.. I used it as an intensive treatment for a few weeks after I got major red peeling from Clinique.

And it does take a LONG time for skin to be come desensitised again.. two years so far for me.. I am still having trouble with taut dehydrated skin.

Perhaps you can try using the C serum on top of a layer of something first (like light face oil etc), I know it defects the purpose of it but just helps the serum to penetrate more slowly.
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 11:01 am      Reply with quote
miranets - good advice about trying the C over something else. That's acutally what I do with my retin-a just so as to be able to use it Rolling Eyes .

I just got my samples from PSF but I'll have to wait to try all my new goodies until my skin has recovered from the latest bout of red blotches. Crying or Very sad
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |