Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

OCM - How many times/day?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry to be clueless but I couldn't find anything about this by searching the forum: I've gotten into using the OCM, but am wondering whether you are supposed to only use it once daily (in the evening to remove makeup and other crud) or in the mornings too? Would it be bad to do it twice a day? TIA!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Nijey,

I have been doing OCM twice a day since late last August ... and I just couldn't imagine cleansing any other way now. Laughing

I've found that it's done wonderful things for my skin ... although I did begin to add salicylic acid to the OCM mix about a month ago for an extra "boost" in terms of fighting blackheads etc.

However, I can't imagine using any other means of cleansing now. That may just be unimaginative of me ... Laughing ... or just lazy ... Laughing

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
I only get around to it once a day...pure laziness on my part.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
I am brand new here..what great info and help. It's wonderful. Very Happy My question is in regards to the OCM. What about the eye area. Do you take your mascara off seperately, with something else, or do you use the OCM to take off your eyemakeup and mascara. If so..is there any irration to your eyes?

Thanks
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
kittyd wrote:
I am brand new here..what great info and help. It's wonderful. Very Happy My question is in regards to the OCM. What about the eye area. Do you take your mascara off seperately, with something else, or do you use the OCM to take off your eyemakeup and mascara. If so..is there any irration to your eyes?

Thanks

Hi Kitty and welcome to 'Just Open Your Wallet Now.com' Laughing Little joke.

The OCM is a all in 1 does it all treatment. You do not need to remove your makeup prior to cleansing. It does it, Yes - even water-proof.

The only irratation I've ever experienced is when I opened when I shoulda closed. I use Bourbon Geranium & Lemon essential oils in my OCM (totally a preference thing, EO's are not well essential...) so - it stung a bit.

The basics are very easy but in order for it to work properly:

Cold - Pressed Oils - the basics are Olive & Castor. (the castor is the magic oil, but far too drying alone, I use 2 or sometimes 3 other oils in my OCM. Find the oils that work best for your skin type.

A good wash cloth. I keep hearing/reading about a "flannel", I'm not sure if it's just another name for a washcloth or if it's actually flannel. I'm 110% sure most others here do know. Laughing I use a micro-fiber wash cloth. For myself, I find it really does a wonderful job of steaming and removing the oil once I'm done.

HOT water. Obviously you don't want to scorch yourself, or injure your skin. I run hot from the tap, do an ouch, ouch while wringing the towel then apply it to my face.

Hope this helps.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:11 am      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:
A good wash cloth. I keep hearing/reading about a "flannel", I'm not sure if it's just another name for a washcloth or if it's actually flannel.

it is. it's the same as what we think of as a facial washcloth. (i'm living with a scotsman who doesn't understand that my flannel is for me alone! Very Happy ) for an amusing quest for a face flannel, check this out: http://www.meirionnydd.force9.co.uk/english/flannel.htm
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:29 am      Reply with quote
I've really got into my OCM, used it at night for the last 2-3 weeks. LOVE IT!!!!

The first time around I used this I was very dissapointed in the results - bumpy lumpy skin, itchy and just not good. This is a good 4-5 months ago. I figured out it was because of the Castor Oil I was useing, it was not cold pressed.

The OCM I've been useing now is made with EEVOO, a bit of apricot kernel oil, Teatree and lavender oil. It is absolutly fantastic! This particular mixture with Teetrea oil I've been useing for the last 5-6 days, and it is SO good. In the beginning of the week I had a huge cystic spot on my jaw that just would not calm down - red painful awful. Today it is just a "two pinheads small" faded bump. Very Happy

Some days I do it morning and night...

I don't use it on my eyes though. For eyemakeup remover I use a little bit of apricot oil, AFTER I've rinsed my face and eyes with water (to loosen up the mascara) ....
I've read somewhere to be careful not to get EO's into the eye.

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Candy8865's 'Just Open Your Wallet Now.com' is correct so be prepared! You'll be saying "I have to have that stuff NOW", more times than you rhink you will!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:32 am      Reply with quote
do you guys put the washcloth over your face and let it steam your skin for a little while? and then wipe it off with the washcloth? isn't that irritating your skin? and how are you getting all the oil off?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah I wonder about getting all the oil off too. The castor oil is very thick and filmy. And yes I'm using cold pressed castor oil and all cold pressed virgin oils. I can't even get the stuff off of my hands without using soap to get it off. And I've tried this several times but always had to use a little bit of face soap to get the residue of the oil off my face. Or else it just stays on and clogs my pores. No mater how hot of water I use to splash it off or rub it with a washcloth. What am I doing wrong here? I have about a 50/50 solution, but it's the castor oil that is so heavy, thick and sticky it seems.
umtanhsl
5% products discount

Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using OCM for couple months now and I absolutely loved it however I feel lazy sometimes so I only use it about three times a week. After rinsing off the oil, I still use a gentle cleanser just so that I feel really clean.
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
BYRG,

I don't know what you're doing wrong BYRG as I've never had any trouble at all getting all the oil off without using soap.

Could it be that you're using too much oil in the first place?

There have been times when I've had to repeat the warm-to-hot wash cloth 2 or 3 times to get it all off ... but I was never left with any oil on my face.

Could it be, BYRG, that you're expecting that tight feeling afterwards? It doesn't leave your face tight ... just soft and smooth ... but there shouldn't be a hint of oil left on your face.

Perhaps you don't need a 50/50 mix ... perhaps a 60/30 mix of EVOO to CO would be better for you?

I think I'd try a mix of more EVOO than CO and see if that's any better.

Without actually seeing how you're doing what it is you're doing, I can't think of anything else that would be causing the problem you're having.

Of course, you could mix in the contents of a couple of capsules of lecithin into your OCM mix ... which would help it rinse off better. [Adding an emulsifier (lecithin) to the mix helps it mix better with the rinsing water.]

However, jamie630, it really does wipe off without any oil residue ... at least it always has for me. It's not irritating either. You don't use hot-hot water ... you just use warm-to-hot water ... hotter than you'd normally use but not so hot that you can't wring out the wash cloth.

It's a really very gentle way to get your skin clean.

Mary

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the replies and helpful advice, everyone--I was using OCM at night to remove my 'face' but have recently begun using it in the mornings (when I have time).

It's a wonderful treatment--I'm using jojoba and cold-pressed castor oil (jojoba only b/c I had a bottle handy and it's done nothing bad to my skin in the past, including purging) in a 50/50 mix. I put it into a glass pump bottle that used to hold Vit. C serum (it's cleaned and sanitized, of course) that I've found that I only need two pumps to get enough oils to do my face.

I haven't had a problem wiping all the oil off my face. I make sure to massage it in for at least 2-3 minutes, more if I have time, then use a hot washcloth to steam, then gently wipe it off. The results were gorgeous the first time--my face looked so clean and bright and my skin felt smooth and hydrated and plumped-up. Plus, it's really relaxing too. So glad I stumbled onto this forum!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
Love the "open your wallet.com", I can see that happening.
Thank you for the input on the OCM. I was just worried about my eyes, but I tried it and it was great. Like the other replies here, I was so used to thinking you HAVE to have the squeeky clean feeling or your going to break out, but after reading all the posts and had heard from some estheticians that that is not always what you want. It's a hard concept to get used to. I am so excited to have finally found somewhere to turn for honest opinions and trial and error comments. You can't even get that at the doctors office sometimes. Thanks in advance!
ayu
5% products discount

Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Where exactly can I find cold pressed castor oil? The ones I find in the laxatives section aren't cold pressed...

Thanks!

Angela
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |