Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ramsi and Mabsy and MD Formulations Clearing Complex and my
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
I use MD Formulations Clearing Complex to tame those stubborn whiteheads on my forehead and blackheads on my nose and monthly red zits here and there.

I'm very happy with the result. I think I'm a good zit tamer if there's such occupation.

But not until I used Ramsi's tip, which Mabsy said she used it sometimes to get rid of the "forever there whiteheads", especially those are so small for the aestheticians to work with the special extraction, that I really got rid of most of my whiteheads.

The tip is using a sterilized needle to gently prick them and let the oxygen as well as the treatment to get deep down to the bottom and work their magic.

I am so please with my smooth forehead and I can't believe that my third eye has actually gone.

Thank you, Ramsi and Mabsy. You never know how much I aprreciate your precious tips.

ramsi
5% products discount

Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
SOOO glad it worked for you!
I actually stopped doing this for a while, but now I'm definately on the needle again! I felt this didn't leave those red marks you get when you squeeze with your fingers, and also it helped getting the air out of cyst-like spots.

But have you found something to make the red marks fade faster? I hate ending up with those red -hey somebody tried to squeeze me- marks that takes ages to conceal. I want to leave the hous without make-up again! (except mascara and brush on bronze and all those things a girl can't live without..)
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Ramsi, I want to thank you again and again and again for this.

I was a little bit scared at first. Then, thinking I should try this method on one stubborn whitehead that was like a 100 year old sleeping beauty hiding very close to my hairline. Well, if it became ugly, then I would hide it under my bangs.Fortunately, all it left behind was a pink dot.

You just have to remember to use good sunblocks on these pink raw dots, if not, they will become brown.

After that first successful execution, I moved on to the next ones. One of them was just right between my two eyes - I was very very careful with this one. I used Dermatix Si Gel to speed up the healing process .And to camouflage them in daytime I just use my favorite eye concealer from JI -it has vit E-.

Ramsi, I wish I can show you my before and after shots. I'm so glad to have smooth forehead again. I hate these silly whiteheads, especially on sunny day, they are even more obvious. I pray that they never come back to haunt me again. And if they ever return, I'm ready to fight with them. Thanks Ramsi!Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
I have to underline this:

I use the sterilized needle to prick only ONCE the skin on top of the whiteheads before putting on MD Formulations Clearing Complex. I NEVER SQUEEZE THEM and NEVER PICK THEM until the dry scabs come off all by themselve.
Mabsy

Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi Leila,

So glad to hear you discovered the joys of torturing your whiteheads with a needle Smile I wish I was like you and didn't squeeze it afterwards.... I can't help myself though! Luckily for me I have never had a problem with permanent scarring....

I'm guessing quite a few dermatologists would faint if they heard what we do to pimples/whiteheads. But hey, it works for me way better than just leaving the whitehead and waiting for it to go away by itself.

Mabsy
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by leiladao

I use the sterilized needle to prick only ONCE the skin on top of the whiteheads before putting on MD Formulations Clearing Complex. I NEVER SQUEEZE THEM and NEVER PICK THEM until the dry scabs come off all by themselve.

Hi Girls,

I think I am going to have to reconsider my strict Don't-Touch-Pimples rule and have a try of this method of zit extermination. I'm not a fan of squeezing or extractions so I usually manage to endure a number of days before it dries up, but this one massive cystic zit came up overnight on my upper lip, and being very close to my lipline it was very painful (the only time you don't want bee-stung lips is when it comes with a massive yellow-eyed zit!! MadMad ...I was so close to doing a quick squeeze job with tissues.

The reactions I was getting from friends was startling, they couldn't believe that I had left such a thing to manifest and to be honest with you I was embarrassed that my zit was preceding me when I walked, I could see it when I looked down without pursing my lips. It was quite huge. SurprisedSad Turning to this forum for some inspiration, not to mention moral support, I was so glad that Leila (who I imagine to have perfect skin) had posted this needle pricking method, and I figure that it would be safe enough to do without any scarring (afterall, the break in the skin you make when squeezing is bigger than a needle prick right??)

I'm going to dedicate my finest needle to this task alone, and get some sterilising wipes from the chemist in ready for the next zit that I encounter. I'm only going to act on the zits that have those grotesque yellow heads.

Normally with pimples, I just let them be as they usually dry up through my usual cleaning/ exfoliating routine, then as the head dries I can just lift the tops off with my nail, sometimes there's a 'root' but it leaves the pore clean.... I prefer this to getting painful extractions done to fresh zits at salons as you're left red and raw, that's when reactions and zit flare ups can happen to me.

Leila, let me get this right-- you just prick it once then ply it with MD Formulations Clearing Complex.... the gunk is left to dry on it's own. Does the Complex dry it up quickly for you? I was thinking of getting the MDF Clearing Complex or PTR Cucumber Gel Mask to pop over the top of fresh extractions.

Summertimegirl Wink
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Summertimegirl!

Please read very carefully before you start pricking your skin:

1/ Ask your aesthetician for her advice first.
2/ Mine gave me an o.k after she looked at my whiteheads ( they are very stubborn inactive little bumps under your skin that may erupt if you squeeze it).
3/ Use very very thoroughly sterilized needle and remember to sterilize the skin around it too. Everything has to be super clean.
4/ The idea is to open your skin so that the treatment can work deeper and by that heal the damaged skin faster. I think it is very much like " 3 D exfoliation" Surprised
5/ I think you can use any acne treatment that works for you and it doesn't have to be with MD Formulations.
6/ And of course, your skin will be a little bit angry after all the pricking, so you must have something to soothen it. I remember you mention Phyto Accept Line Soothing Cream. It's a very good one to ged rid of the redness.
7/ And please let them heal NATURALLY without picking at them.
8/ Please try it first with the most well hidden zit you can find to see if this method is right for you.

For me, I think it did. I had a very stubborn whitehead sitting between my eyebrowns just like a third eye. My aesthetician told me it was an ingrown hair left from eyebrow pluckings Sad. I had it for almost a year. I tried Ramsi's way on it on the Friday before last and now the skin right there is as good as new, all it left behind is a very light pink dot, the scab just came off all by itself after I washed my face. And I always remember to put extra sun protection cream on those raw skin spots.

I'm grateful that you think I have perfect skin. Oh no, fighting with zits is my constant battle. Just like this morning, my assumption that everything was under control was erased as soon as I discovered some junior zits on my cheek and I know that my monthly PMS is following. Well, it's o.k, I guess, at least, it is nothing but a zit. I wonder why God invented zits...Why?
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Leila,

Thank you for your thorough advice, and I'm so happy that you rose the 'One hundred year old sleeping beauty' between your eyes with the needle method. Actually, I wasn't planning on treating the 'blind' zits with the needle, but just those that actually have a visible head as they aren't as deep as the blind ones so I thought that creating a pin prick with a needle with assist with releasing some of the pain and gunk. Surprised

Do you sterilize your needle with special wipes from the chemist, or do you boil or heat it with a flame? I didn't think to sterilise the zit before the pinprick so thanks for that tip. As for asking my aesthetician for advice, I will certainly do that too, there is only one that I have confidence in so I will have to seek her out when I go to the salon again.

Summertimegirl Very Happy
Mabsy

Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:26 am      Reply with quote
Summertimegirl,

I've been 'introducing' my larger pimples and also my whiteheads to my trusty needle for a few years now Smile I use a match to heat the needle till it's red. Then let it cool. Alternatively, I use rubbing alcohol. I had a cystic pimple a few weeks ago and decided to get it acquianted with the needle. I got rid of it in a few days. The skin was pink for a while but it's good as new now. Important thing is to not overdo it and also NOT to do it if you do have problems with scaring.

Mabsy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |