Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

If you have dry hands you NEED this!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
canadagal
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Herbal Serenity® Show of Hands Instant Manicure
Not sure if anyone has tried this but I have been using this for about 2 months now and have to rave about it so much as it has done wonders for my hands. It is like a paraffin wax in a bottle but ten times better! Your hands are so smooth and soft afterwards and all through the day too! Really everyone must try this. My friend had it and I tried hers once and was hooked! So I ordered it off their website and had it shipped to me, loving it ever since. It is made by Beauti Control, I think the web page iswww.beautypage.com , if it is wrong you can just google it. It is made out of dead sea salts and natural oils.I have nothing to do with this company I just really liked the results of this product and thought I would finally share something instead of just asking questions all the time!
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I shoild try this! Thanks for the info Smile!
Lara

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I should try this! Thanks for the info Smile!
Lara

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
my sister uses this and she loves it also!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the rec!
I work with a lot of paper so my hands are always dry.
tthagen1
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:04 am      Reply with quote
I'm wondering if it is waterproof. My daughter is a hairdresser and therefore has her hands in and out of water all day long....she has been looking for something to help with the dryness that the water and shampoos etc. are causing.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:27 am      Reply with quote
This looks quite interesting, thanks for the review, I am forever on the lookout for a good handcream.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
i use Lac-hydrin lotion. I get OTC at my pharmacy. It has 12% lactic acid and works well all over the body too.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
One of my favorite hand creams is from Aveda. I think it is called Hand Therapy (they also have a foot cream counterpart). It has a great citrus-cream smell. I also like Crab Tree and evelyn's Gardener's Hand Cream, very moisturizing, not too greasy and great texture. It has a nice, natural smell (a la garden), but not as delicous as the Aveda.
Kirstin
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
canadagal wrote
Quote:
Your hands are so smooth and soft afterwards and all through the day too!

I would also like to know since you say it lasts all day, does that mean through hand washing or must it be reapplied... My hands are so dry and chapped through the winter, I could really use something like this! Thanks!
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
tthagen1 wrote:
I'm wondering if it is waterproof. My daughter is a hairdresser and therefore has her hands in and out of water all day long....she has been looking for something to help with the dryness that the water and shampoos etc. are causing.

Have your daughter try Xerand by La Roche Posay. I've been meaning to write a review of this fabulous hand cream, but..well, I really am not good at doing so. Confused

The hand cream is water resistant and has a faint fragrance..nice fragrance at that! I have my hands in water ALOT and the cream has worked charms. I heard it also is used alot by nurses as well as they tend to wash their hands quite abit.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:30 am      Reply with quote
I prefer Glycomed. It's meant for hands but I use it as a body lotion. Very rich but very effective.
canadagal
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:45 am      Reply with quote
i work with children so I am constantly washing my hands all day from painting, gluing and so forth. I do use another hand moisturizer throughout the day out of habit but find if I use this main product in the morning and in the evening I really dont need anything else.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
I bought a hand cream from Khiels and it is awesome!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
canadagal wrote:
Herbal Serenity® Show of Hands Instant Manicure
Not sure if anyone has tried this but I have been using this for about 2 months now and have to rave about it so much as it has done wonders for my hands. It is like a paraffin wax in a bottle but ten times better! Your hands are so smooth and soft afterwards and all through the day too! Really everyone must try this. My friend had it and I tried hers once and was hooked! So I ordered it off their website and had it shipped to me, loving it ever since. It is made by Beauti Control, I think the web page iswww.beautypage.com , if it is wrong you can just google it. It is made out of dead sea salts and natural oils.I have nothing to do with this company I just really liked the results of this product and thought I would finally share something instead of just asking questions all the time!

Thanks for the rec! I've alays been into handcreams and have had this KIV, now I'm definitely going to have to give it a try...

My absolute fav, however, have been Clarins Hand and Nail Treatment and L'Occitanne Shea Butter Handcream.

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the information
gwynethhung
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
I use Jurlique Lavender hand cream and crabtree and evelyn hand cream is quite good also.
sunnyfeng
5% products discount

Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the information!
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:35 am      Reply with quote
Ladies, a great alternative to this expensive product is Carekate's homemade Instant Manicure! (see recipe thread)

I personally prefer the homemade version, and like a calloused foot that won't take creams without a diamond foot file, your best handcream won't make a diff without this stuff!

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
tularyn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
I was just going to post a rec for carekates homemade one minute manicure!!!! I LOVE it.

Here's the link:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5981&start=156

I've used it on my feet... but I think those calluses need a little more work, maybe a diamond file or something needs to be added to my list.

Also, my favorite hand cream is Aveda Hand Relief (smells great, non-greasy, works beautifully, but it is pricey).

5% products discount

Sun May 07, 2006 8:24 am      Reply with quote
really realy love 7 days to beautiful hands. this really works wonders! however, it's terribly expensive.
mcyi4yy2
5% products discount

Sun May 07, 2006 11:30 am      Reply with quote
thank you for sharing. I'd try it.
Kirstin
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 08, 2006 10:20 am      Reply with quote
I would really love something that works effectively on dry hands, but isn't greasy and lasts. I wash my hands a lot and I hate having that greasy feeling. Currently I am using the L'Octaine shea butter, but it tends to be too greasy for my liking.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |