Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
I Love This Sunscreen!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
pnw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hello all of you gorgeous and sun saavy women and men. I just want to offer a big big second to a sunscreen that I have only seen briefly mentioned on this site by Freefall but has truly impressed me. It's called Ti-Silc Sheer 45spf by ProCyte. WOW do I this stuff!

It glides on like a thick liquid foundation, spreads nicely, sinks in almost instantly and dries matte with a hint of sheen that does not look oily at all, but nice and soft. It is lightly tinted but does not cover brown spots. It did not make me break out either, which is an enormous plus IMO because I also find it moisturizing. Can all this be true?! Dancing Oh yea. And it's waterproof!! *pinching myself*. I would highly recommend it for anyone who is currently mixing their foundation with their moisturiser for a lighter dewy look or for anyone like me who is acne prone and shows makeup in the crevasses around the eyes. This is a high spf, moisturizer and makeup all in one for me! Very Happy

You can buy a cute little 1 oz size like I did for only $9.99 at Dermstore.com to try it out and they have free shipping on all domestic orders. I ordered a full size today for under $20! And they offer non-tinted as well so you can suit your routine. Hope you find this review helpful.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi pnw - does the packaging state what the PPD value is?
pnw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi m.april, No it doesn't say what the PPD is on the bottle or in the description. It does say it is a UVA/UVB blocker. Here are the ingredients. Does anyone else know the PPD?

Active Ingredients: Micronized titanium dioxide, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate

Inactive Ingredients: Water, dimethicone, cyclomethicone, isopropyl palmitate, isocetyl stearate, sunflower oil, squalane, dimethicone copolyol, hydrogenated castor oil, sodium chloride, hydrogenated polybutene, silica, melanin, iron oxides, DMDM hydantoin, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate

Suitable For These Skin Types: Sensitive, Flush, Normal, Combination, Dry, Oily

Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide, SPF, Vitamin E
lithia
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi pnw,thanks for sharing with us.I guess this is a physic suncreen, right?

Recently, I just bought my Skinceuticals Ultimate UV defence spf 30 & La Roche Posay Anthlios spf45,which one is for my body another one for face. I really has a high expectation for them in the coming hot summer.
Now, I read your words, ehh...should I give myself a good excuse to try this new stuff? Very Happy
pnw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lithia,
Actually, I have been using the Skinceuticals 30spf myself for over a year and I highly recommend it. They have excellent blockage. I never burned and I am out in the sun a lot. Their waterproof version did break me out, though. I just came across this on a whim purchase when I couldn't resist the cute little bottle. I thought it would be great for the car and for our weekend getaways or bike trips when weight is an issue for us. I am a little floored myself at how much I enjoy the Ti-Silc on my face more than the SC brand. Mostly I like it because it is more moisturizing yet also more matte than the SC. They do say it is a physical block. I almost bought the LRP before I saw this. I'm sure all three are great!
lithia
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi pnw, good point!

I may like to try it. thanks again.
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the rec pnw, I'm gonna add to my "must try" list. Sheesh it's getting long Exclamation

I'm gonna try Cliniques new Super City Sunblock SPF 40, I've had great luck in the past with them--no reactions that is.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,
At ProCyte.com you can read about their various sunscreens. They do not offer a PPD number but here's what they have to say about UVA blockage.

Advanced formula SPF 45 UVA-UVB sunblock for daily protection. Micronized titanium dioxide and silicone based, providing “instant waterproof” sunblock with a 90% UVA block. Ideal for post-laser and post-procedure sun protection. Fragrance free. (4 oz & 1 oz bottles)
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
I still like this sunblock a lot and never had any trouble with it causing breakouts. Lately I've been using Bullfrog because it doesn't sting when it gets in my eyes so I can put it on when we go diving or snorkelling. I'm going to go back to the Ti-Silc for above water activities because it does look nicer. I'm also going to pick up some La Roche Posay when we're in Europe this summer.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
You know, there is a japanses brand called Sofina. Its UV cut milk is very good for day use as it is both a day cream and sunscreen. Moreover, it is not oily for whole day. It earns a gold medal in top selling in Japan.
skin adict2
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone used this that is allergic to chemical sunscreens? Everything sounds good except the ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate.
pnw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
hi gwynethung,
do you happen to know the ingredients of the cut milk? What is it?
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Shiseido's SPF 55 cream for over a year. I trust physical sunblocks more than chemical. After using chemical sunscreens for over 10 yrs. I saw damage surfacing last year. Not talking
dede
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
I'll have to give this a try because I need a good waterproof sunscreen for an uncoming trip to Walt Disney World in June.
Gelc
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2006 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Ti-Silc Sheer 45spf by ProCyte.

isopropyl palmitate, isocetyl stearate

I read from a Taiwan books by Cheung Lai Hing that the above 2 ingredients are no good. It will cause breakout and ances if long term used. So, she recommend us avoid this kind of ingredients.

I'm now using SkinCeuticals Ultimate SPF20. I used SPF30 before. After finishing up the SPF30, I switch to SPF20. It sunblock function is really excellent. You can trust this product after reading their ingredients, zinc oxide + titanium dioxide. It is chemical+physical sunscreen.

I've used Japanese products long time ago. But I don't like that they all written in Japanese without any English Ingredients detials. So, I drop them.

Gals to be smart, read the ingredients rather than trust the brand.
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2006 10:38 am      Reply with quote
pnw wrote:
hi gwynethung,
do you happen to know the ingredients of the cut milk? What is it?

I'm currently using Sofina and absolutely LOVE it!! I purchased Sofina Perfect UV with SPF 50 and Pa+++ and got a sample of UV Cut Milk (SPF 24 and Pa+++). I love both of them and will definitely purchase the UV Cut Milk after I finish the sample. Very Happy

I have the ingredient lists of both of them but they are all Japanese. I tried to get the translation from the Internet but in vain. Confused
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 08, 2006 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
CK and gwynethhung the Sofina sunscreens sound really nice. Do either of you think they would be appropriate for oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin?

Where can I buy this?
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 08, 2006 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
CK and gwynethhung the Sofina sunscreens sound really nice. Do either of you think they would be appropriate for oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin?

Where can I buy this?

TheresaL, I'm sorry I'm not a skincare pro and don't know whether the sunscreen contains any ingredients that will cause breakout or irritation.

I have combination skin which tends to get oily during summer. And the weather here is getting hot and humid. But Sofina's sunscreens have kept my face matt all day and that's really amazing (bacause all sunscreens I've tried just add more oilies to my face). And it even makes my skin seem a bit lighter than without it (because oilies make me look much darker) and never leaves an unnatural white cast. I love it sooooooooo much! Very Happy

I think it's pretty easy to get it in Asia but I don't know whether it's available in the US.

I'm sorry I can't help. Wink
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |