Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
The Clarisonic "motorised" face brush anyone?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:42 am      Reply with quote
Ok, so I just saw this added to stuff stocked by EDS but have been curious about it for a while because Carrie sent me a little flyer about it that came with my Nordies order. It looks a little scary I guess, but being quite a fan of a normal face brush I'm really curious about this. It's sort of similar to the Dermanew in design but has a facebrush instead of the exfoliating disk. Another thing that makes me curious about this is the fact that it's made by the same people that made the Sonicare toothbrush (that is still on my list of things to buy). I know the toothbrushes are supposed to be fantastic, so I guess the question is does the same go for the face brush?

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/clarisonic_face_brush.htm

Does anybody have one? Are they good or should I save my $$$? TIA Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:44 am      Reply with quote
Laughing I was looking at this earlier today as well...

I've got to try and concentrate on work!!!!

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
Mabsy

Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:46 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Funny that, I'm reading a textbook as we speak and it's so boring that I need things to distract me otherwise I run the risk of falling asleep! Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:27 am      Reply with quote
I've been eyeballing BOTH the sonicare toothbrush (for more than 5 years hahaha still haven't came around to getting it... it just seemed hard to spare that $100 to buy something not for my face =P) and this clarisonic for a while now...

but i found it a bit expensive... and i don't know if its going to irritate my acne prone skin...soo i'd love to hear people's experience with clarisonic!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Someone mind clueing me in -- what the hell is a face brush?! Shock
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:48 am      Reply with quote
My sister's doc said it would kill much more bacteria than regular washing with hands or washcloth. I find this suspect. Smile

Doctors wash their hands without "brushes" before surgery to kill bacteria....I believe it is the length of time and physical vigorous action that allows simple soap to kill most bacteria.

Anyhow, Benzoyl Peroxide ia a mighty strong bacteria killer so if I think I'm having a bacteria problem, I'll just use that.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Actually, lots of docs DO use brushes when they scrub prior to surgery. Whether they do or not though, they use anti bacterial soaps that are quite strong. You'd never touch your face those solutions!
pumaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
I personally wouldn't use this brush on my face for fear of causing even more tiny veins and broken capillaries. It's probably fairly soft and all, but still, if it cleans as well as it claims, doesn't it mean that it would be rubbing harder than a washcloth would?

I use an electric Oral-B and it's definitly putting a lot more pressure on the teeth than a manual brush (and its whitening action mostly comes from the physical action of harder rubbing).

But I WOULD use it for dry brushing the rear and thighs though, to keep the cellulite at bay Smile I actually see improvement in body skin tone but I get way too lazy to do the dry brushing regularly.
aprilha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
i think the extra cleansing power comes from the brush's sonic vibrations... im not sure tho!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
My toothbrush has the sonic vibrations. Still feels like it's pushing on my teeth harder than I do with a manual one. What's the difference?
Mabsy

Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the feedback ladies. I guess this will all depend on how soft the bristles are. My Shiseido face brush is ultra soft - if that was the quality used in the Clarisonic then I wouldn't be worried about it being too harsh.

aprilha - the cost of the toothbrush has been the stumbling block for me as well, they're over $200 here and I can't get one from the US due to voltage differences....

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:13 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
the cost of the toothbrush has been the stumbling block for me as well, they're over $200 here and I can't get one from the US due to voltage differences....

thank goodness for voltage differences -- it's saving my pocketbook! Very Happy still, i quite like the idea of this brush. if it *was* as soft as your Shiseido.... somebody has to go and feel this up for us!
Emilee_ann_143
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:55 am      Reply with quote
I have purchased the brush. However I have not been using it religiously! I really do like how my skin feels after using it. It certainly helps clean bacteria off my face a lot better than using my hands.[acne-prone]I have gotten less whiteheads and no more blackheads. After using this brush, skin care products absorbs a lot better into my skin. I don't think its a miracle product but it sure helps make sure you clean your face well. I love how it vibrates and massages onto your face. If you have the extra money then its a nice accessory to have. I'm such a skin care junkie!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:44 am      Reply with quote
emilee,
how does the brush feel against your skin?
is it soft?

april.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:40 am      Reply with quote
uh oh! just read the reviews at MUA and now i'm lemming again....
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=72883/Clarisonic_Skin_Care_Brush/Unlisted_Brand/Misc_Beauty_Tools/
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:34 am      Reply with quote
Interesting gadget Exclamation My only question is how would you keep the bacteria from building up on the brush?? Do you sterilize it somehow??

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:45 am      Reply with quote
one thing i'll say for them -- they have excellent customer service. far nicer than the response i got from IS Clinical though.... so us gals in europe can stop lemming for the moment Sad

QUOTE:
We appreciate your interest in our product, but it is not available in Europe yet. We are getting a lot of interest, but are focusing our efforts on making the US and Japanese markets successful. The product has only been available to the general public for roughly a year, so we appreciate your patience as Clarisonic circles the globe. Stay tuned towww.clarisonic.com for updates.
pnw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
If this brush can be used underwater in the bathtub, I am definitely going to use my voucher and get it!
Emilee_ann_143
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
Well this is my very first face brush. I have felt the shiseido one and it is a lot softer than this. But that doesnt mean that this isnt soft. I would say that the bristles on the clarisonic is stiffer. Once you wet it, you cant really feel the bristles. Its only a little bit harsh when you use it without it being wet though. But thats when I first started using the clarisonic,now my face actually dont really feel the bristles at all. I like to use it in the shower. You can sterilize it in hot soap water every week. or ever day if you like.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
after reading all those raves about this brush.. i really want to get it... but i don't know if i should invest $200 on a brush... i just bought an oxylight not even a month ago!!

and i just put $50 worth of stuff in Skinactive's paypal basket!

should i get it? arghhh...

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
Aprilha:

I don't know if you should buy it or not but I anticipate you WILL. I bought something similar to Dermal Tone more than 10 years ago but I was out of the special face gel needed, then I bought this Ultrasonic hand unit about 3 years ago which helps your skin to absorb the actives deeper, then I bought Oxylight about 5 or 6 months ago. My very last tool purchased was Dermaroller. And now this brush...very attempting!!! I have to tie my hands together or cut my credit cards. LOL!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis,

HAHA i think i need to cut my credit cards!!

what was the ultrasonic hand unit you bought 3 years ago? i saw something along the line on a taiwanese beauty tv show a couple months ago and really wanted to get one!!

and the same taiwanese beauty tv show also introduced this ultrasonic/ionic facial steamer by Panasonic (only available in asia)... the ultrasonic makes the water molecules 1/800th (i forgot the exact number) the size of normal water molecules making it 100% absorbable throught the skin. and the temperature of the steam is 5 degrees above body temperature...which is the temperature that boosts collagen production!!! ever since watching all these shows and reading these forums i've been maxing out my credit card every month......
this mustn't continue

Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:56 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
uh oh! just read the reviews at MUA and now i'm lemming again....
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=72883/Clarisonic_Skin_Care_Brush/Unlisted_Brand/Misc_Beauty_Tools/

Oh I so shouldn't have clicked on that link! It does sound good....

Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:56 am      Reply with quote
Emilee_ann_143 wrote:
Well this is my very first face brush. I have felt the shiseido one and it is a lot softer than this. But that doesnt mean that this isnt soft. I would say that the bristles on the clarisonic is stiffer. Once you wet it, you cant really feel the bristles. Its only a little bit harsh when you use it without it being wet though. But thats when I first started using the clarisonic,now my face actually dont really feel the bristles at all. I like to use it in the shower. You can sterilize it in hot soap water every week. or ever day if you like.

Thank you for the feedback, I'm even more tempted now....

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:04 am      Reply with quote
i think i will treat myself the Clarisonic for my 21st bday... (its in 13 days yay) along with all the stuff i've bought that were supposed to be my bday treatss...

Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |