Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Neal's Yard remedies product review
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
yusufosman
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:48 am      Reply with quote
I'm sure this has been mentioned on the forum before - Neal's Yard do some very good skincare products. I think they are a hidden gem! I don't think they are overly priced but you do get good quality organically sourced products that do a great job.

Neal's Yard Wild Rose Beauty Balm £20 -
I bought this initially as a replacement for Decleor balms. However it has multiple uses and I found it to be the best as a cleanser. I do like to use the OCM method but my laziness gets the best of me and I can't usually be bothered to sit and massage oil on my face for 10 minutes each night. I think this product gives the same kind of results as the OCM as it is made from a mixture of nourishing and moisturising oils. I use this at night massage on to my skin for a minute and I leave it on for a few minutes while I brush or do other nightly duties. Then I take it off with a muslin cloth. You notice the results straight away but after a week my skin was truly glowing and looked healthy. My blemishes were soothed and as I don't use creams at night this cleanser ensures your skin isn't left dry. Highly recommended and I will purchase again.

Olive leaf moisturiser for men £10.50 -
I have been thinking of giving products that are formulated for men a try rather than using products that are aimed at women. I know a lot of this is just in the packaging and marketing to make skincare more palatable to the average man if it is packed in dark rather than floral. However I am sure that some ranges truly are made for men because men’s skin IS different to women’s. This cream is quite thick. I use a small amount after shaving and it really soothes and comforts my skin. My skin stays very soft all day long. I really do like this face cream. I do need protection especially in the winter as my skin can get dry. I would also buy this again!

Two great products and two great prices.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:16 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the great reviews Very Happy

I too was thinking that the Neal's Yard Wild Rose Beauty Balm might be a good alternative to the Decleor Balms. Just wondering do you think this would be suitable for oily skin?
I have been drooling over this for a while now but always held back as it is markted for dryer skintypes.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:30 am      Reply with quote
I'm not sure how suitable it would be for oily skin. I do have dry skin and so it works a treat. Although I have to say that it would directly replace for example Decleor Essential Balm. If you can use that then I think you should be okay using this one. Considering that it comes in a large pot, you would make it last a long time.

It IS oilier than the Decleor balms so you need to take that in mind. I have used it for many purposes, as an intensive treatment, overnight, as a face mask and as a cleanser and I do think that it works best as a cleanser but definitely gives GREAT results for whatever you use it as. It really does make your skin glow with health!

I think you can get them to give you a sample in the store. If not I can send you some in a pot to try out.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:16 am      Reply with quote
ooh, this sounds like it would be so similar to the Eve Lom cleanser!! I have been looking for a decent substitute for that .... I love my Eve Lom, but having seen the ingredients list (and also having suffered from the hardened lumps in mine) I would like to replace with something similar.

They dont sell it in Japan unfortunately.. but then again, if they did the price would be twice that of UK Laughing
yusufosman
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Tiger_tim - you are right this is a great product to replace the Eve Lom cleanser and it is cheaper. I didn't like the ELC and generally am not a fan of her products. This is half the price and is much better on the skin!
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
The rose balm sounds nice, just to mention The Organic Pharmacy do a Carrot butter cleanser that is a natural organic Eve Lom cleanser!
Its really nice and REALLY concentrated.

Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
Aw, geez, Lucia... I had avoided your review of this line.. and now I looked there.. and it is like... I WANT PRODUCT...

carrot cleanser, rose cleansing gel.. flower petal mask.. OH they sound heavenly. And they ship international... Rolling Eyes
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:19 am      Reply with quote
Oops - Sorry.... Embarassed

(whispers.....the range is lovely though..... Laughing ).

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:37 am      Reply with quote
well... I emailed.. and they confirmed... international gets VAT discounted and UK is like 17.5%, right? WOW.. that would pay for shipping! Laughing
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
OH-MY-GOODNESS!!

This Wild Rose Beauty Balm sells for 9,000 yen!! (that is equivalent to about FOURTY FIVE POUNDS!!)

Now, in principle I do not object to paying 45-quid for a cleanser, but I really DO object when the stuff sells for less than half the price originally. Even the US price of $65 is around 40 pound, no?

I want to try this, but sure wont be doing so till someone I know visits the UK!!

Think I will give The Organic Pharmacy carrot one a go in the meantime..
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |