Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
those paper 'tablet' masks - any info?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Sat Jan 24, 2004 5:39 am      Reply with quote
I've read about them, I've heard about them but I don't know where to find them or how to use them even!

I think these are an asian invention. I remember when I was in Taiwan they were everywhere and now I'm kicking myself for not trying any back then. All I know is that they look like white tablets and you pop them into some liquidy mask and they turn into a face mask with cut-outs for your eyes/mouth/nose. The question is where on earth do I get them (ok, you may not be able to help me with that seeing as I'm in Australia) and also what do you use them with? Is there a special mask/lotion that you buy to use with it or can you make your own? Are there any special recipies?

Has anybody used these before? If so, then with what?

Ta Smile
Mabsy.
zazu
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy - I had a facial a few years ago in a spa in Boston during which a creamy mask was applied that grew warm as it hardened into a mummy like face mask- the aesthetician left eye and nose and mouth holes. It was amazing! I don't think I've had a facial since that lived up to that one. I believe she was using Pevionia products, although I'm not sure if the mask itself was from that line. I could call the multi-talented Sophia at that spa and find out. Is that the TYPE of thing you're talking about? Maybe not.

ps: I brought the mask home with me, which solidified my standing as the most intense skin devotee among all of my friends.
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
Off topic, but Zazu, what do you think of Pevonia products? Any reviews? I used a cream exfoliator a while back I really liked.
zazu
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi thoughtcrime -

I really like the Pevonia products. They seem to be very popular for professional facials but less for personal use? At least I've only seen them sold at spas. Sadly, I don't have enough experience with Pevonia to write a review. I did use their hydrating masque a while ago and that was nice. During the last facial I had the aesthetician used a cream based exfoliant that was GREAT - she said that it was their product she would most highly recommend. Something with the word "micro" in it? I didn't get it and then wanted it but couldn't find a place nearby to get it. Why oh why didn't I just get it then?!
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2004 5:39 pm      Reply with quote

Quote:

They seem to be very popular for professional facials but less for personal use? At least I've only seen them sold at spas

Pevonia is comparable to the products sold at EDS-- i.e. they are professional spa quality but you can use them for personal use. And I think we're both talking about the same cream exfoliant,, but neither of us can remember the name. :P

Mabsy, VERY SORRY this got way off topic of your original query! Wink
Mabsy

Sat Jan 24, 2004 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
No worries, I've often wondered about Pevonia Botanica as well but have not tried it so far. Looking at the descriptions of their products Enzymo-Spherides Peeling Cream seems to fit the description of the exfoliant mask. It comes in a jar. Does that ring any bells at all?

Zazu - no, that's not what I'm talking about but that mask you described sounds very nice nonetheless. The masks I'm talking about actually come in the form of a white tablet (like medicine but bigger). You put them in liquid and they absorb it and expand into a sheet with cut-outs for your eyes etc. Then you just put it on your face and relax Smile

Mabsy
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2004 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
Yes Mabsy, I think that is the Pevonia product we are talking about!

The mask you described sounds intriguing! Surprised
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2004 9:45 pm      Reply with quote

Hi Mabsy

I have tried a reputable Japanese brand - Kose whitening mask. The paper tablets are sold separately from the lotion - in the case of Kose - the lotion is known as SEKKISEI - I am guessing it means whitening.

You are suppose to pour the lotion into the bottle cap, put in the paper tablet and voila! The paper soaks up all the lotion and instantly (well, almost) becomes a moist mask. If you open the mask, it's an oval shape with cutouts for your eyes and mouth. You place the mask over your face - the feeling is really nice - cooling and refreshing- not minty thoughm wait 10 to 15 minutes and peel it off. The paper mask does not dry up and you basically just lift off the mask without any pulling of the skin.

I found that the lotion does regulate sebum production and does a good job at balancing the skin. It does brighten the skin considerably with regular use - the whitening effect is also visible.

On days when you are not using the mask, the SEKKISEI solution is to be applied as a whitening and brighteing lotion, before moisturizer.

BTW, I am also trying a new brand of paper mask - Neutrogena's Fairness Mask - the mask is packed like a wet tissue. The already soaked masked is contained in a foil pack. You may have better chance of getting this Down Under. I found the mask nice and effective too. My face usually looks brighter and more rested after the mask.

Cheers,
Jenny:cool:
zazu
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there -
This paper tablet mask sounds intriguing. And yes, I agree that the Pevonia products are comprable to the products here at EDS...until now I thought it was a bit harder to find Pevonia products online but I just did a search and they're all over the place! I still couldn't find that "micro bead" exfoliating cleanser I mentioned earlier. However, I was reminded about their D.N.A. cream that I used around 5 years ago. It was a soothing white cream that really did minimize pores - I have dilated pores on my nose and am always looking for a fix. Anyway, I don't know exactly how it worked - it seemed to almost create an ultra thin film on my face that made the pores look much smaller - it didn't seem to actually shrink them. When I washed the cream off, there they were. One point: the cream is sensitive to hot and cold temperatures. I accidentally left it in a bag in a car on a ski trip, and it didn't freeze but the texture changed and it was less effective after that.
zazu
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
My apologies as well re: getting wildly off topic. Perhaps any more Pevonia discussion should be under a new topic? Ooops. Sad
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:34 pm      Reply with quote

I'd like to add that I am into my maybe 15th Neutrogena Fairness Mask and it makes my skin more translucent and porcelain-like. Very nice. So even if you are not into the whitening thing, the brightening and clearing effect (translucent) is worth a try. A pack of 5 retails for Singapore Dollars $32.90 - available at local drugstores.
Mabsy

Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:31 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the info ladies; both about Pevonia (I'm sure I will be trying that exoliating cream at some stage Smile) and about the tablet masks. I might actually pop into China Town one of these days and see if they have any of those masks.
athan
5% products discount

Sat Feb 14, 2004 4:39 am      Reply with quote
hi mabsy,
I'm new to this forum and was just checking olad some older topics. When tablet masks showed up the first thing i thought of was Bloom's skin-tonic (something like that).

I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for but since we are a Bloom agent at work, I know that these little gems have had great reviews in cleo, cosmo etc.
Even though Bloom is an australian brand and company, its biggest marget is in asia, and is up there with the prestiges MU brands in Asia (so the company rep tells us). It may have been the bloom mask that you were after.

Personally, I haven't tried it, but would be intrested to here from anyone that has.

pennybt

Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:46 am      Reply with quote
to magbsy:

I am reading your article about paper mask tablets. ok I am using it which it looks like tablets and you can soak into any kind of your favourite tonic or flower water.

BTW you can order this product from online inwww.sephora.com, it called pop out mask, the brand name is awake.
Mabsy

Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:59 am      Reply with quote
Athan - thanks heaps for the info! I haven't tried the Bloom mask but I'll give it a go. Mostly, I'm after just the little tablet masks without the lotion because I'd love to use them with some Rose Water or similar Very Happy

Pennybt - the Awake mask is precisely what I'm talking about. Alas, Sephora doesn't ship overseas Sad But at least I know that it exists now, so next time I bug a certain someone (thanks again Thoughtcrime! Wink) to buy some stuff for me in the US, I'll try and get this too Smile

Still, I'll pop into Chinatown here and see if I can find it. Surely, there must be someone in Brisbane who sells it!

Mabsy
Mabsy

Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:00 am      Reply with quote
Pennybt,

Sorry, I forgot to ask, what are you currently using the masks with? How are they? Do you like them?

Sorry, heaps of questions Smile These masks have always intrigued me...
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:37 am      Reply with quote
WSurprisedSurprisedW !! these paper masks are fascinating-- I'm imagining the paper to be the softest comforting compress on the skin when you put one of these on. I really want to try this too.

Are these paper masks mainly used for whitening and brightening? They must be good to absorb oil and other impurities as well...

Jenny, (I'm going to have to call you my Chilli Twin now since there are two Jennys on the forum !) you said that it does a good job at controlling/ regulating sebum production-- how often did you use the mask? Where did you get the Kose mask tablets and Sekkisei lotion? They sound like a fuss-free, mess-free way to indulge and how easy would this be to just pop one on when you're flying?! Cool

Summertimegirl xVery Happy
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:53 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy,

I think you just broke my heart when you mentioned Sephora doesn't ship to Oz.. SadSadSad I don't know how I overlooked that small detail ! The only International countries they ship to are Canada, Porto Rico and Guam...Sad

Pennybt, hope you can tell us a little more about the Awake paper tablet masks-- I just checked and they are Sold Out on Sephora so they must be quite sort after:(Sad One word....spewing.

Summertimegirl
pennybt

Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy & Summertimegirl:

I am so sorry to spell Mabsy name wrong yesterday, becoz I was so rush back to the uni.

Ok, I am using the mask with rose water or lavender water, it's very nice though. I used to get awake pop-out mask, but i felt a little waste my floral water. I still like Kose one and I am living in the UK, I cant find the mask here as well, so I order this product in two taiwan websites, the price is quite fair, but we need to pay international postage, normally I will order SKII product from them as well, becoz I can save more money, everything is expensive in UK. I dont know whether EDS is allowed to publish other website. I am a new one here If it's yes, I will post the web address for both of you. Anyway probably you need to find chinese to translate for you. Hope this will help you. I have to back uni again.

Mabsy

Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:45 am      Reply with quote
Summertimegirl - sorry m'dear! It didn't click when you were talking about getting Fracas from Sephora. There's quite a few Fracas stuff on eBay, though I'm a bit weary of getting perfume off eBay unless it's a newly released one (I want a fresh one!).

Pennybt - LOL. No worries. In all honesty I didn't even notice it until you just pointed it out! Smile I don't really have anybody who can translate the site for me Sad But I refuse to believe that there is no single chinese shop in Brissy that carries these! I'm on a mission to track it down now! Lavender water sounds nice, my original plan was just to use rose water. If I manage to track these down I'll have to start experimenting Very Happy

Mabsy
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:09 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy,

I know that was a real BUMMER that Sephora does not ship outside the US besides the specially selected countries Sad
I just checked their stores in France and NO KIDDING theres more than a hundred stores crammed into that teeny weeny country, and not ONE in OZ ! How does that figure?? Now I know why they refer to Oz as being at the arse end of the world, it's so bloody remote from everywhere.... good thing the country is so beautiful !

I'm going to have to see if my friend from France can accomodate some of my shopping 'bugs' (he's a guy so might be tricky !), otherwise I'm going to have to find myself a 'buddy' from the states. Very Happy

As for these paper tablet masks, I'm dying to get my hands on some too. It's hard to believe they're not sold here but I'm not holding my breathe...Sad

Summertimegirl x
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi Chilli Twin

I use the mask twice a week. It does a good job of evening out and lightening the skin.

I get the Kose solution and pop up mask at Japanese department stores. Do you have a substantial Japanese expat community there? You may able to get them at places they shop at. Perhaps Mabsy has some idea on a Japanese website which ships international??

Cheers
Jenny:D
pennybt

Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy:

If you cant find the mask in your local. Just look at this link, probably it will help you. Hope you can get the mask soon.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=68020&catid=25317&brand=16066&trx=PLST-0-BRAND&trxp1=25317&trxp2=68020&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-BRAND&cmbProdBrandFilter=16066

penny x

summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Chilli Twin,

I should definitely ask around to narrow down my hunt for where to buy Kose but I don't think you can get it here in Australia. If SK-II is any indication, it's sold in David Jones and very expensive here so I think people mostly buy from O/S. However, there is a large Japanese community in Sydney-- there are a lot of restaurants and specialty groceries but I'm not so sure if there are stores that sell excusive brand Japanese products here. The Kose products sound wonderful.

Summertimegirl xVery Happy
Mabsy

Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:25 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the link Penny Smile That's exactly the type of mask I'm talking about!

Quote:
Originally posted by pennybt
Mabsy:

If you cant find the mask in your local. Just look at this link, probably it will help you. Hope you can get the mask soon.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=68020&catid=25317&brand=16066&trx=PLST-0-BRAND&trxp1=25317&trxp2=68020&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-BRAND&cmbProdBrandFilter=16066

penny x

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |