Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Eminence organic skin care
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
amyb

Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hello. I am new to the forum, and wanted to know anyones thoughts/suggestions on the eminence skincare line. I have crazy combination skin and someone told me to give this line a try. Anyone out there use it?

AMY
aprilha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:58 am      Reply with quote
i want to know more about eminence skin care too hope someone else can help you..

Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:05 am      Reply with quote
I've tried quite a few of their masks, toners and two of their moisturisers. I think their masks are great!

If you have combination skin then the Rosehip toner and the Rosehip Whip moisturiser might be good choices. The Pumpkin and Orange mask would also be good but you need to be careful because it's pretty concentrated stuff. There have been a few reviews of various Eminence Organics products here so if you do a seach you should be able to find previous discussions. HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:14 am      Reply with quote
is the pumpkin mask from eminence better or PSF's pumpkin enzyme mask? has anyone tried the pumpkin enzyme from SkinActives?

is rosehip oil ok on acne-prone skin? i've been wanting to try it..but i heard it causes break outs

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi girls... I hhvae been using eminence mask for a while, and I am loving it. I also use their moisturizer. My skin is pretty dry now, so I use the sweet red rose whipped moisturizer. I also tried the sugar plum oil free, but it is not hydrating enough for me.
As far as toner and cleanser, I have never tried their products.

Amyb: you might wanna look at their website and see which products fit your skin. I think Mabsy's suggestion is correct for combo skin.
Also, if we you call their 1-800 number, they can tell you what spas carry their line in your area. Then, maybe you can sample a bunch of stuff before purchasing.

Aprilha: As far as I know, eminence pumpkin mask is different from psf pumpkin mask. I have tried both samples(psf and eminence). I do not get the same feeling when I apply them (separately). With psf, I feel this little tingling sensation, while eminence gives me this cooling/hydrating feeling. Also, according to their website, it is the 4th richest mask.
Belle
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
apparently they have changed their manufacturer [allegedly to Canada] and the products are terrible now.
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
belle: thats what I heard, that they changed their manufacturer.........
I dont know if I can say the product is terrible now Very Happy
btw, where di you hear that their products are terrible now?
Mabsy

Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:48 am      Reply with quote
I get a similar effect from the PSF and the Eminence pumpkin/pumpkin&orange masks but I think the EO one is still better in terms of radiance. Both have a tingling sensation but the Eminence one on me was pretty hard core! Mind you, this is before I knew to really dilute the products.

They've changed their manufacturer? I thought they were made by the parent company in Hungary? When did this change happen?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy: Thats weird that I did not get the same sensation...
Anyways, yeah, they changed manufacturer. I posted a topic about this a long time ago asking if anybody knows about it. If you look at the product (if you bought it before mid 2005, i think), then you will see "made in hungary by ilcsi beautifying herbs". But the more recent products just say "made in hungary".
I eamiled someone from ilcsi.com; and they said that they dont manufacture for eminence anymore. But I really dont know if the new manufacturer is in Canada or not (the packaging stil says made in hungary).
I think ilcsi is selling their own products now, even here in the US. the products are similar to eminence; but it is a bit more expensive.
Mabsy

Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:07 am      Reply with quote
roadtonowhere wrote:
Mabsy: Thats weird that I did not get the same sensation...
Anyways, yeah, they changed manufacturer. I posted a topic about this a long time ago asking if anybody knows about it. If you look at the product (if you bought it before mid 2005, i think), then you will see "made in hungary by ilcsi beautifying herbs". But the more recent products just say "made in hungary".
I eamiled someone from ilcsi.com; and they said that they dont manufacture for eminence anymore. But I really dont know if the new manufacturer is in Canada or not (the packaging stil says made in hungary).
I think ilcsi is selling their own products now, even here in the US. the products are similar to eminence; but it is a bit more expensive.

Thanks for that. In the past the products looked to be identical to the Ilcsi ones so I am hoping that they didn't have to change their formulation because of that. I don't think I have bought anything from EO since mid-2005. I'll have to wait and see what the feedback is.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Hm.... maybe we can talk somebody in EDS into carrying ilcsi products. Afterall, they got the original hungarian formula....
sugarpop

Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
I just started using Eminence and I swear that it is clogging my pores causing little bumpies all over my forehead and cheeks. I am using the Mineral Cleanser, Thermal Spring moisturizer and from everything I've read about this line and these particular products is that I shouldn't be breaking out. I use very little product with a few drops of water emulsified in. Has anyone else had this problem with this product?
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Just thought I would spread some clarity here regarding Eminence Organics. First off they have and still are made in Hugary for over 50 years. The quality is exactly the same, yet their main distribution is in Vancouver. I live in this city and actually have meant the son of the owner as well as the main sales rep.

They are a very high quality company and the products are arguable as pure as Jurlique or Dr. Haushcka. The farm land in Hungary actually has some of the best agricultural soil quality in the world. I do a lot of product research and testing so I do know a little about this company.
I hope this brings a little clarity. It is also wise to go to a trained Esthetician to get products recommended or to try a few samplers(just in case you dont like the that particular product).

Feliz
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Feliz wrote:
Just thought I would spread some clarity here regarding Eminence Organics. First off they have and still are made in Hugary for over 50 years. The quality is exactly the same, yet their main distribution is in Vancouver. I live in this city and actually have meant the son of the owner as well as the main sales rep.

They are a very high quality company and the products are arguable as pure as Jurlique or Dr. Haushcka. The farm land in Hungary actually has some of the best agricultural soil quality in the world. I do a lot of product research and testing so I do know a little about this company.
I hope this brings a little clarity. It is also wise to go to a trained Esthetician to get products recommended or to try a few samplers(just in case you dont like the that particular product).

Feliz

Even though it is still made in hungary, it is not made by ilcsi anymore, right?
andi
5% products discount

Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:11 am      Reply with quote
I would also like to spread some clarity here regarding Ilcsi and Eminence Organics.

Ilcsi Beautifying Herbs is made in Hungary for over 50 years. Eminence used to distribute Ilcsi until the summer of 2005. Eminence now developed its own range, which is very much based on Ilcsi, however the products do not work in the same way as with Ilcsi.
I guess you just have to compare the two. Wink

Feliz wrote:

Feliz
organicesty

Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Now that I understand all of this....does anyone know what the difference is between the 2 formulations? Is one better or stronger than the other? I would assume that Ilike would be better since it is the original, but maybe someone has experienced both. I have samples coming of Ilike and can't wait to try them.
andi
5% products discount

Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:52 am      Reply with quote
After talking to a number of people and I've also compared one or two products, my vote is for Ilike - Ilcsi. More concentrated, only need little amount and it works, while Eminence doesn't have the x-factor.
Wink
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:48 am      Reply with quote
andi,
do you live in the us? where do you purchase ilcsi?
andi
5% products discount

Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Roadtonowhere,

No, I live in the UK, London and visit Budapest v.often. Some ilcsi products available in the Uk and more products will be available from the mid summer.

roadtonowhere wrote:
andi,
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:35 am      Reply with quote
andi wrote:
Roadtonowhere,

No, I live in the UK, London and visit Budapest v.often. Some ilcsi products available in the Uk and more products will be available from the mid summer.

roadtonowhere wrote:
andi,

Do you know where I can purchase Ilcsi products in the UK? I've checked out their website. It seems there aren't as many varieties with Ilcsi as Eminence.

5% products discount

Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:09 am      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
andi wrote:
Roadtonowhere,

roadtonowhere wrote:
andi,

Do you know where I can purchase Ilcsi products in the UK? I've checked out their website. It seems there aren't as many varieties with Ilcsi as Eminence.

HI,
If you in the USA, try ILIKE by Szepelet.com
If they can't supply you than contact ILCSI.Co.UK
ILIKE is ILCSI in the USA, Ilcsi used to supply Eminence, but now Eminence (not ethical) making similar products as Ilcsi and if you want a diluted/ weak version than go for Eminence, but if you want the real stuff than go for Ilcsi.(The reason I know because I'm Hungarian and know them for a very long time)
Which product are you looking for?
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:26 am      Reply with quote
andi wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:
andi wrote:
Roadtonowhere,

roadtonowhere wrote:
andi,

HI,
If you in the USA, try ILIKE by Szepelet.com
If they can't supply you than contact ILCSI.Co.UK
ILIKE is ILCSI in the USA, Ilcsi used to supply Eminence, but now Eminence (not ethical) making similar products as Ilcsi and if you want a diluted/ weak version than go for Eminence, but if you want the real stuff than go for Ilcsi.(The reason I know because I'm Hungarian and know them for a very long time)
Which product are you looking for?

andi,

Thanks for your reply. I'm in Thailand, but I'm relocating to the UK soon. So, I'm just wondering where I can purchase Ilcsi in England. I'm mostly interested in their masks, but if you have any recommendations for other products, I'd really appreciate it.

5% products discount

Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:47 am      Reply with quote
For sensitive, dehydrated skin

Cleansing Mineral concentrate
Rose hip gel mask
Rose hip serum
Stonecrop gel mask
Ichtyolic mask
Rose hip whip moisturiser
Stonecrop whip moisturiser
Stonecrop toner (alcohol free)

I would also suggest if you in London to see one of the Ilcsi beauticians, which will be posted on the website
Just contact me via eds
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:00 am      Reply with quote
andi wrote:
For sensitive, dehydrated skin

Cleansing Mineral concentrate
Rose hip gel mask
Rose hip serum
Stonecrop gel mask
Ichtyolic mask
Rose hip whip moisturiser
Stonecrop whip moisturiser
Stonecrop toner (alcohol free)

I would also suggest if you in London to see one of the Ilcsi beauticians, which will be posted on the website
Just contact me via eds

Thanks for such a quick reply andi! I've never tried any products from Ilcsi yet, but have tried Carrot Vitamin Masque from Eminence and liked it a lot. I heard the moisturizers are very thick and difficult to spread though.

5% products discount

Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:14 am      Reply with quote
The eminence moisturisers?
I'm not suprised.(copycat)

The Ilcsi moisturisers are yummy and very easy to apply, you only need a tiny bit.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |