Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
IS Clinical question, and another question
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ocean
5% products discount

Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm not new here, but haven't been here in awhile and just started reading some posts about the IS Clinical stuff.

Why is it so expensive? Is it really worth it. Is it ok for sensitive skin, not that I can afford it. I also have acne and larger pores, very conjested skin. Have used BHAs and AHAs for a long time, can't use really strong Px retinols/tretinoins.

Where are a FULL complete list of ingredients listed?

Also, is there a section on this forum that has "personal homemade formulas" for serums/gels etc? If so, where is it and are any really effective that you've tried>

Thanks
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
I have very sensitive skin and it is a wonderful line. I use the cleansing wash, proheal, hydracool, active and eye complex. Love every product. It just feels good and I do not spend money easily for beauty products if I can't see results. Tried many other expensive lines that did nothing in comparison, just my own personal opinion. My husband talked ME into buying full sizes after the trial versions ran out by rationalizing how little of the product you use, so therefore it lasts longer. Hope you like it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
About the ISC ingredients you can see below:
http://www.skinterra.com/product/lines/innovative_skincare.html
ocean
5% products discount

Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks to you both. So, the vit. E in here, my skin is so acne-prone even Vit. E breaks me out.

Does it feel oily, I mean the serums that you use that have Vit. E? I can't stand it if it does.

How do you get trial sizes, from Skinterra? thanks.
lithia
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sorry ocean, currently I'm not using ISC, but I'm very interested in pro-heal because I do know the situation of my skin. At the meantime, I apply 10%vit c & 0.5% retinol, everything is fine and no breakouts. Another reason I want to try this is that I have acne-prone skin and sometimes there are cystic acne on my face.
ocean
5% products discount

Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Lithia, what exact products do you use with Vit. C and retinol?

And could anyone also tell me what 2 products I should get, if I ever save up for it, in the IS Clinical line for very conjested pores (I don't break out too much right now, using BHAs, tea tree, etc), but pores stay conjested, and for forehead and neck fine lines and crows feet?

Also, a little sagging in forehead and jaw and neck areas.

Keep in mind I'll only be able to use a cream formula on neck and forehead where I don't break out. The rest of face it will have to be a non-oily serum.

I've tried AlphaDerma CE and it only made my lines worse! I've tried other products with Argireline, and I only got worse fine lines and drier.

My skin loves BHA, but I also need desperately to build collagen from sun damage and from AHAs making my skin too thin in areas. So I'm gonna need some retinol.

Do you know if the IS Clinical products really do increase collagen, also?

Also, my skintone is very uneven, ruddy, larger pores which REALLY bother me.

So, if you could suggest 2 IS Clinical products for someone like me, which 2 would it be?

Thank you.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
IS Clinical Proheal for day
Active Serum for night

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
Why not contact the ladies here at EDS? Just give them the info on your skin and they will advise what is best to use. Also, EDS are OK at sending out samples if you just pay the shipping cost!

ANNIE: what did you think of the eye cream and cleanser? I mean I know you liked them, but why and how did they feel. Over to you! Laughing
lithia
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
ocean wrote:
Thanks Lithia, what exact products do you use with Vit. C and retinol?

And could anyone also tell me what 2 products I should get, if I ever save up for it, in the IS Clinical line for very conjested pores (I don't break out too much right now, using BHAs, tea tree, etc), but pores stay conjested, and for forehead and neck fine lines and crows feet?

Also, a little sagging in forehead and jaw and neck areas.

Keep in mind I'll only be able to use a cream formula on neck and forehead where I don't break out. The rest of face it will have to be a non-oily serum.

I've tried AlphaDerma CE and it only made my lines worse! I've tried other products with Argireline, and I only got worse fine lines and drier.

My skin loves BHA, but I also need desperately to build collagen from sun damage and from AHAs making my skin too thin in areas. So I'm gonna need some retinol.

Do you know if the IS Clinical products really do increase collagen, also?

Also, my skintone is very uneven, ruddy, larger pores which REALLY bother me.

So, if you could suggest 2 IS Clinical products for someone like me, which 2 would it be?

Thank you.

Hi ocean,

Currently I use Vivier Kine-C and Skinceuticals Ratinol 0.5%. Laughing
ocean
5% products discount

Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:00 am      Reply with quote
Thank you everyone for helping.

I've contacted EDS via email and they will answer soon : )

Could I ask, do you think the ProHeal successfully builds collaged over time? My skin is SO thin in places, it's bad.

Does it have much Vit. E in it, does it feel very heavy? I'm so afraid of breaking out more.

And, is the Hydro-Cool really beneficial/necessary?

I can't wait to try the ProHeal and Active serum.
Mabsy

Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:07 am      Reply with quote
ocean wrote:
Could I ask, do you think the ProHeal successfully builds collaged over time? My skin is SO thin in places, it's bad.

Does it have much Vit. E in it, does it feel very heavy? I'm so afraid of breaking out more.

And, is the Hydro-Cool really beneficial/necessary?

I only used the ProHeal for about two weeks (sample) but I really liked the results - I was using it at the same time as the Poly-vitamin (night) so it might have been combined effect. The ProHeal is a bit more substantial than the watery serums but I haven't had any problems with breaking out. I'm not prone though - so best ask ISC directly.

I enjoyed using the HydroCool serum because I liked the feel of it but with my normal skin I didn't find it essential as I didn't need the extra moisture.

5% products discount

Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:27 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy!

And my questions just keep popping in my head.

To anyone: which ISC serums are the most watery, which feel the heaviest?

I'm wondering also what the Super Serum is like, I'll ask the ISC website, but just wanted feedback here also.

I'm also wanting more feedback from those who have gotten great results with reducing fine lines with these products, which did you use, how long before you saw effects?
Mabsy

Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:31 am      Reply with quote
From memory the Super Serum and the Active Serum (I think) are the most watery. The 15%, the ProHeal and the Poly-Vitamin are more substantial.

ocean wrote:
Thanks Mabsy!

And my questions just keep popping in my head.

To anyone: which ISC serums are the most watery, which feel the heaviest?

I'm wondering also what the Super Serum is like, I'll ask the ISC website, but just wanted feedback here also.

I'm also wanting more feedback from those who have gotten great results with reducing fine lines with these products, which did you use, how long before you saw effects?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:22 am      Reply with quote
I just started my samples of Super Serum and Hydra Cool this week and am liking them a lot in terms of texture (which I did not think I would).

Super Serum is hard to describe... is it not watery as such, and when you touch it there is an "slick" feel to it and it has plenty of slip going on but it vanishes instantly and without any stickiness. I think the texture is SO much nicer than Vivier and Obagi and the fact that it is not sticky going on like JB C&C is also another bonus (although in all fairness the JB stickiness does go fairly quickly.. I just hate the sticky palms).

Same with Hydra Cool, it soaks right in without residue.

Two things I have noticed that I love.. my T-zone has not gotten as oily during the day since I have been using this and also at the end of the day, if I rub my finger gently over my forehead I do not get any balling-up of product film (this was the main reason I stopped using ADCE).

In my Vit. C quest, I think Super Serum is the nicest so far.. followed closely by JB C&C and Cellex-C + Hydra B5 gel.
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ocean - If you have dry skin I don't recommend Hydra cool, go with the Moisture complex. I have dry skin and Hydra Cool with the Super and Active made it worst. A good moisturiser over the serums if you have dry skin is my advise. I just ordered the Firming Complex to go over the Active, as I do need that firming side to my skin. What can I say - Looking for better results! If your skin is on the thin side - I have read some where that the Poly-Vit is good. My skin is quite thin, and I have asked EDS for a sample of it - Hope they send it!

Good luck and let us know the result!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:27 am      Reply with quote
Tiger_tim, I am having the same problem with ADCE "balling-up" when I put my foundation on - think I might have to shop using it. My forehead lines have gotten better - wonder whether it was the ADCE or IS Clinical serums doing its work. Will find out soon! - when I stop using the ADCE Sad I started using the two products at the same time.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi Rashirosey,

I am going to burst a bubble for you... but the IS Clinical staff (at their own site) told me that the Firming Complex can be drying. They specifically mentioned about using it with ProHeal, so maybe if you are using just super serum it wont have much effect.

I thought the Hydra Cool's main purpose was for adding moisture?... oh, all so confusing.. they have too many delicious sounding serums!

This is what the IS Clinical staff told me:

Quote:
As for the products that were recommended to you, they would be appropriate for someone with normal-to-oily skin, since both the Pro-Heal Serum and the Firming Complex can be a bit drying. If you find that to be true, you may also want to consider the Super Serum next time instead of the Pro-Heal Serum, since the Super Serum is very hydrating and is recommended for most skin types, especially someone who is concerned about anti-aging. The other product I can recommend is our most popular product, the Active Serum, which is most often used at night as a multi-purpose treatment for acne and anti-aging.
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi Tiger_tim - this is all so confusing Skinterrra skin anaysis advised me to use Super serum and Moisture Complex am - Firming Complex pm - when I told them I had dry skin. I got the Super and Active because of all the good reviews here. I just Ordered my Firming, because some say it works better with the two together. Meaning Active and them firming complex over - at pm, and still using the Super in the morning.

Hopefully, someone using the two at night will write and let me know - whether the two together is too drying!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:00 am      Reply with quote
HELP! Please can someone write (someone using) and let me know whether the IS Clinical Firming Complex is really firming on the skin and whether the Poly-Vit serum kind of thickens the skin.

Mabsy, does the Poly-Vit kind of thichen skin?

Thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:29 am      Reply with quote
Sorry it took a while to get back. I love the wash because a little goes a LONG way, and my face feels cleaner than with the cetaphil. The eye complex is the same and it glides on easy. I have not noticed any miracles with it, but I do like it and it is not greasy. The firming was too much for my sensitive rosacea-type skin so I did not order past the sample, could not tell it was actually firming. The poly-vit is not for anyone with rosacea. The proheal is not drying to me but soaks in very easily and nicely and gives a great glow. I love the active and the hydracool which gives me just enough moisture. You can contact theskincareinstitute and they will give a consult and send samples. Also, they don't push alot of other products like cleanser and sunscreen because I think they assume you have a good regime there and are just looking to add on.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:47 am      Reply with quote
rashirosey wrote:
HELP! Please can someone write (someone using) and let me know whether the IS Clinical Firming Complex is really firming on the skin and whether the Poly-Vit serum kind of thickens the skin.

Mabsy, does the Poly-Vit kind of thichen skin?

Thanks

You know, it depends on what you mean by firming. I love the 2 products together but I have oilyish skin so they weren't drying, my skin felt comfortable-I do not have sensitive skin by any means. As for firming, I noticed my skin felt plumper-o.k. don't laugh-bouncier, stronger. I'm not very good with adjectives today. I can't say it 'lifts' the skin but it certainly looks firmer.

Mabsy's got me wanting the poly-vit to alternate. I tried a sample a while ago & loved it. I hope I've helped. If not, there's plenty more IS'ers on the board that I'm sure will chime in. Cool
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Marina - My skin is lacking firmness and I was thinking the firming Complex might help - your comments were very help full, thank you - but your skin is oily and mine is dry - it got even drier since using the Active, so may be I sould not buy the Firming Complex but get some samples and try it out first. Needed some answers this morning so I could cancel my order with EDS.

Thanks once again! Wink

5% products discount

Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:03 am      Reply with quote
I can't view all the ingredients in the Skinterra Website because the pop up is malfunctioning, I can only see part of them.

I can't find the ISC Website, what is the name of it?

Which ISC have Vit. A or retinol, please? Does the ACTIVE have retinol?

I'm so afraid the Poly-Heal Vit. E in there will break me out.

Do you think if I get the Super serum, the Active serum (well, I've have to save up for these, LOL) first I'll be ok, or do you think I also need the Poly-Vit.

I have acne-prone, combo, thin skin and REALLY need to build collagen and get firmness also.

COLLAGEN and fine lines I guess are my main concern. I know the Super C has L-ascorbic acid which is proven to build collagen, and I think the Pro-Heal just has "Vit. C" whatever they mean by that, is it L-ascorbic?

I guess I'll call EDS : )
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
Because the proheal has the retinol it is great for acne prone skin. It does not break me out AT ALL, and I am prone to cystic acne. Most vit C serums I have tried did break me out. The active also feels "firming" or tighter for me, which I love. Just try googling IS Clinical, wish I could remember the exact website address.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.isclinical.com/ Very Happy Thanks for the pro-heal tip Annie. My but Is Clinical questions have been hopping tha last couple of days-can't keep up!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |