Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Re Vive Lip and Perioral Renewal Cream- Review
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
power1080
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered a couple samples of the Re Vive. It is a light cream moisturizer for your lips with a nice texture, but it does not seem to penetrate very chapped lips and does not do too much for moisturizing. However, if I wear it before bed, in the morning I can slough off the dead skin.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
I thought it was pretty good in the beginning but you gotta try POUTlandish by Dermadoctor. Again call Dermadoctor and they'll send you samples. It is VERY RICH. I had dry cracked lips and I think it was from the Retin A migrating to my lips from my chin. Even Vaseline wasn't helping. When I used DD poutlandish, it was almost instant.

As far as Revive goes, you don't need a sep product with growth factors for your perioral area. Whatever you use for your face will be sufficient there.

But I can't rave enough about Dermadoctor. I'm surprised I don't see more raves about this line on the boards. It is quality stuff.
power1080
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
I have been applying the Re vive to my lips before bed and then during the day time, I've been using Lip Fusion as both a light lip color/moisturizer. I'll check out the Derma Doc lip stuff you recommended. Thanks again!
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
I think you'll find it way moisturizing. I let my daughter try it and she said her lips were cracked and dry and one application helped her as well. Its wonderful.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:39 am      Reply with quote
I got this last year off of Ebay for a good price, I never noticed any difference as well, moisturized, but that was about it.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
I used this cream once and found my first application did not make my lips and the skin around my lips all that great. But when I got up in the morning I noticed how much my lips looked a lot fuller. In the winter, my mouth felt very dry and I used the cream and thought it was excellent, but I will stick with Cellex-C Sea Silk oil-free moisterizer because it does not cause acne or pimples.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:13 am      Reply with quote
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:
...I can't rave enough about Dermadoctor.
Well, sucker for lip products that I am, I just ordered a tube of the "blush" version from their website, but I'm curious as to which shade you have and if you can describe the color for me? Of course, it'll be my luck that you got the plain clear version!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:38 am      Reply with quote
They only had clear. Sorry Carekate. I really wanted to see what it would do first and treat my lips, they were in such BAD shape. Last week my lips were cracked, I mean really cracked and today they are completely smooth.

Blush sounds nice though.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:36 am      Reply with quote
So I received my Poutlandish Blush lip balm from Dermadoctor yesterday (2nd shipping from UPS for $4.95 – how great is that?!) and I immediately tore the package open to try out my latest lip acquistion after deciding I absolutely had to try it based on Wenrwdy’s recommendation and the raves on MUA.

It comes in one of those click-style brush applicator tubes where you have to twist the tube (or “click” it) several times to prime it and then the product is dispensed down onto a brush – if I remember correctly, the applicator for this is a lot like the one that Stila uses/d on their “lip polish.”

The blurb on the Dermadoctor website assured me that the Blush shade was “universally flattering to all skin tones,” so I click my little tube and the stuff comes down onto the bristles and I immediately slathered on a layer, then looked in the mirror and almost lost my mind! My lips were coated with a very thick layer of gunk (not unsimilar to the aforementioned Stila lip polish that I tried about a decade ago and hated because it was too much goo on my lips for my personal taste) and appeared to be a goth-y dark purplish-black. Shock WTH??? I can’t even begin to tell you how horrified I was. So I’m ‘kissing’ a tissue to blot off the excess to see if anything from this apparent purchase folly could be salvaged when I finally realized that I had – literally – laid it on too thick and applied WAY too much product and that is why my lips looked like a sullen 15-year-old social outcast’s. This product is so deeply pigmented that you only need to use less than a fraction of the actual amount of product that dispensed on to the applicator brush. Okay, finally my heart began to resume its normal rhythm as I checked my lips in the mirror again after rubbing off still more of the excess and I saw that perhaps the Blush shade wasn’t going to be such a colossal folly afterall. I still wouldn’t agree that this shade is universally flattering because cool-toned purply, mauve/berry isn’t really my thing – I look much better in warmer shades – but I found that I DO actually like the feel of this stuff on my lips and it does seem to have decent staying power so far, so I think I’m going to exchange the Blush shade and have Dermadoctor send me a tube of the pink shade instead and see if that’s a bit more flattering and/or closer to the color of my lips’ natural pigment....

The moral of this story is if you plan to purchase Poutlandish for yourself, you might want to just get the clear!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Oh that stinks Carrie. I got this just to help with my cracked lips. And it has taken care of that. I love the consistency of it and my lips feel great. I am always leary of purchasing colors online b/c I am really picky about them and what looks good on me. If I were to try out the colors, I'd use their samples first. I think Sephora sell DD so maybe you could even go into a store and try colors. But they may only sell some of the line, not Poutlandish- not sure though.

Even with City Lips which I love, I first bought some "mini" colors at Ebay for $5.99 frist to try them. Glad I did. I don't like the darker colors but "los angelips" is perfect and really light and natural. And "Sun Diego" NOW I can ge the full size of Los Angelips.

But as you said, A little goes a long way. even the CLear DD looks like a lavender if you use too much so I can imagine what a color would do.

They do offer some color samples, but not last week. Maybe keep calling and see if they have more in before you buy one.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:57 am      Reply with quote
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:
I think Sephora sell DD so maybe you could even go into a store and try colors.
Yeah, that was Plan A (because I want what I want when I want it and hate to wait for anything when I'm having one of those lemming moments!) but Sephora only sells a few items from the Dermadoctor line (even on their website) and -- unfortunately for me -- Poutlandish wasn't one of them! Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:26 am      Reply with quote
I just called DD and they said they only have the KC Blush in samples right now. The only other color they have in that line is a Pink Puuasitive? I never saw how it was spelled. But she said they are both on the cool side.

Sorry Carrie
power1080
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
I should be receieving my Poutlandish Blush lip balm from Dermadoctor in the mail soon; I can't wait to try it!
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:58 am      Reply with quote
I didn't care for Re Vive.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:56 am      Reply with quote
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:
I just called DD and they said they only have the KC Blush in samples right now. The only other color they have in that line is a Pink Puuasitive? I never saw how it was spelled. But she said they are both on the cool side.

Sorry Carrie
FYI - I received my pink Poutlandish. While I wouldn’t say it is warm-toned and a perfect match for my peaches-and-cream complexion, it’s certainly a helluva lot closer to it than that scary Blush shade! I’ll definitely be shipping that one back for a refund and will just have to keep my fingers crossed that someday they’ll develop a Poutlandish shade that is more suited to my fellow warm-complexioned ladies....

Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |