Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
MD Skincare Hydrapure - Yuk!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Disclaimer: ...as with anything else, your mileage may vary Laughing

I've been eyeing this since I first saw it on the Skinterra site, and when I learned that my beloved Rosa&fruta Ambrosia was being discontinued I was looking for an alternative. At $120 a jar, I was of the impression that this stuff better be FABULOUS - and it did make some pretty lofty claims about chelating and things like that...I was able to find this on E-bay for half the price, and was very excited to receive it.

On me, all this moisturizer does is sit on my skin then BALLS UP and flakes off - it's nasty! I was sitting in my office at home (paying bills-gross)and the sun was beaming in on the left side of me, and when I looked in the mirror, that side had lots of flakes of moisturizer on it - ewwwww....

So far, I'm not overly impressed with things I've tried from this line. I am so glad I didn't pay $120 for it, and I will use this on my arms and legs and maybe at night b/c I don't care if my husband sees my skin balling up. Laughing

Now that spring has sprung here in ol' New England, I need to find a moisturizer that is not quite as emollient as Ambrosia is, but that sinks right in and does what it's supposed to.

Thumbs down for me on this.

Maria Laughing

Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:09 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the warning but I'm sorry you still shelled out $60 for it!

The only thing that I have tried from the line were the little individually packaged exfoliating face wipes. They are quite good - especially for travel. Other than that I have tried nothing and will definitely not be trying the Hydrapure.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:48 am      Reply with quote
I'm with you on that, Mabsy. The only thing I tried that I liked somewhat was the wipes. I got a few of those as samples when I had ordered some IS Clinical from Skinterra a while back.

I know, I'm rather peeved that I even paid $60 for the Hydra-pure - but like I said, I don't care if I moisturize the dog with it - I will finish it come hell or highwater! Laughing

xoMaria

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review!! Sorry to hear it didn't work but as usual it's hit or miss with products. This is where I wish companies would sample out products first.

You may want to look into TNS moisturzing Cream (not sure if this is the exact name). I just got this from EDS a short time ago and so far I'm really liking it. It may be too rich for you during the spring and summer months though. What I like about this cream is that it is chock full of antioxidants and doesn't have stearic acid in it..and ingredient found in most creams and one that I must avoid Exclamation Neutral Hope you find something that suits yuor skin!!!! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Might of helped if I mentioned SkinMedica Embarassed

Here's the link in case you're interested.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/skinmedica-rejuvenative-m-p_885.htm

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:04 am      Reply with quote
Lifeplyr01 wrote:
Might of helped if I mentioned SkinMedica Embarassed

Here's the link in case you're interested.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/skinmedica-rejuvenative-m-p_885.htm

Hmmmm...that looks interesting Lifeply - and what do you know - a REASONABLE price!!!

I got an email from Elizabeth of Rosayfruta and she told me she is replacing the Ambrosia with something that I may like even better, so I may wait and see what that is all about, but this looks really nice as well. (Sound of Maria adding it to extensive wish list....)

Maria

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
Glad to have helped Very Happy Yes, I love the fact that it is reasonably priced ( I got my free with my voucher, hehe). SkinMedica also makes an oil free version, which probably is better for summer. Check outwww.skinstore.com for ingredient listing. I do hope Elizabeth has something you'll love as much as the Ambrosia...I recall your raves in the past! Smile

Let us know what you pick. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the warning
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |