Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Oily Eyelids!! ARGH!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Northerngirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
OMG I thought I was the only one with oily eye lids. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. Drives me crazy. The longest I can wear my mascara is maybe 7 hrs tops. Any longer my eyes start to burn as the oil goes into my mascara, then mascara into my eyes. As for eye liner that's a nightmare too.

I bought Laura Geller's Invisible oil blotting powder from the shopping channel a few months ago. It comes with a fan brush which I really like. I apply it a couple of times a day. So far not to bad. Eye lids are still oily but not as bad.
Maria1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
I have the same problem. Thanks for the info everyone.
fletch_lives_on
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
I have trouble with this too. For me the best way to manage it has been to use my concealer(JI uncircle) first then powder then shadow. I stick to fairly neutral shades for everyday use as well. It's still not ideal though.
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
I absolutely LOVE JURLIQUE ROSE SILK DUST. I use a big Kabuki brush and dust my entire face before my MMU. I have found it to be great on my eyelids, and I sometimes just dust it on with an eyeshadow brush.
skinmelon
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:18 am      Reply with quote
Girls, for years I am in search of the solution to make eyeshadow stay longer than just a few hours as I hate to reapply it once I get it perfect the 1st time round in the morning before work.

The reapplication can never be that good and it may just spoil the whole thing.

after years of trial and errors with countless number of base products or type of eyeshadow, I have finally found I think is the best so far.
Its shu uemura - cream eye shadow , its shu uemura latest launch for fall 2007.
It came in 3 colours, individually sold. I chose the beige called "Kaihaku" as it can be used with all colours over it.

With the base on, my eye shadow colour became more true to its colour, very matt and the beauty of it is, stay on for 10 hours without a single streak of white line (which happened after 3-4 hours of my usual application without it).

Highly Recommended.
steffers
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Destiny wrote:
I thought I was the only person to have oily eye lids. I tried several things and nothing has helped so looking forward to the replies on this post. Maybe I should try the Urban Decay Primer Potion. I'm new to this forum and expect to find many helpful hints on skin care. Smile

Urban Decay Primer Potion is AMAZING. strongly recommended!
I am a flight attendant, and there is NO WAY my eye makeup would stay on during 14 hr flights otherwise. All my colleagues are always surprised that at the end of the flight, i look like i have fresh eye makeup on. I have converted many of the girls!

It's a decent price too. $14 i think, and lasts for months.

HTH's

SKIN: 33,fair.My work env't is skin hell! (flight attend. = dryness&eye circles!) AM: Lavantine Cleansing Oil, squalane, ISOMERS carnosine complex (250x more pow'ful than Idebenone), eye cream varies, JuiceBeauty Antiox Serum, Anthelios SS. PM: Lavantine, squalane, Remergent DNA Repair. Want: Silk Dust
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Does the Urban Decay feel sticky? I found some eyebases sticky to order to keep the eyeshadow on. My eyelids are slightly oily but I also put cream on to keep my eyelids firm and non-droopy. If I use a sticky type eyebase then my eyelids want to stick together when I blink and the eyeshadow doesn't glide on nicely. My eyeshadow colour also changes throughout the day which I find annoying! Confused
cindy67
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:06 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tips. I'm Urban Decay a-hunting on Ebay UK since I can't get it here in Sweden. Never even heard of the brand until I stumbled across this forum and you guys. Very Happy

I wonder if you guys have any tips for making undereye liner last and not smudge. I line the inside ( rim whatchamacallit ) of the undereye area. Don't want to end up looking a racoon all the time. Laughing

Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:21 am      Reply with quote
LUMENE Eye Makeup Base is excellent to keep you eye shadow in place. It cost approximately $7.00. I believe CVS still has exclusive rights to the product.

http://www.lumene.com

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Pebblez

Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:06 am      Reply with quote
I have really greasy eyelids. After about 5 minutes of wearing eyeshadow, I start feeling sleepy. So, I did a little research.

I tried the Primer Potion, and while it helps with keeping eyeshadow perfect all it, it did nothing for the greasiness. More Research.

Many foundations that are meant to absorb oil from you skin have talc in them to achieve this. So I've been trying this to help with the greasy eyelids: power foundation, followed by baby powder (talc!), then primer, and lastly, eyeshadow.

I tried it a few times and I'm completely sold on my tacky baby powder solution. :D
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:08 am      Reply with quote
I don't buy any special products - just a light dusting of loose powder around the whole eye area with an angled brush after I apply concealer.

Let it settle, apply colour, liner whatever, then another light dusting of loose powder.

Very simple & has done the trick for me for yrs.

Smile

ETA I should say that while this issue is very annoying now, those who endure it will find in time that it's a blessing. Will delay the onset of wrinkley, crepey eyes & you will chuckle at yourself for having complained about greasy eyelids. Trust me.....
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
To the ladies who have oily eyelids, I am just wondering what's your routine ? Do you use eye creams, foundation, concealer, primer on your eyes ? Do you use loose or compressed powder before applying the eyeshadow ?

I had this oily eyelids problem too with the eyeshadow creasing in the lids. This was because I didn't seal the makeup with powder. This was the missing link. Wink Once this layer goes on it creates the perfect base for eyeshadows to stay and not travel into the crease. Think of it as a base for eyeshadow.... just as using primer is a base for foundation. Smile

The only other thin is that if you're using an eyecream or priming product you should wait until it settles like Arya2 suggested. Let it sink it first otherwise you'll get an excess oil slick. Cool

I find blotting papers are handy. They're coated with a film of powder that absorbs oil and come in little pouches that you can slip inside your bag or back jeans pocket.
Seaera
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Here's another vote for MAC Paints. They have amazing staying power and there are a ton of colors to choose from. Smile

As for summertimegirl's question, I just use the primer (MAC paint in my case) and then apply the eyeshadow after. Simple!
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
I was buying Smashbox Photo Finish (haven't really tried it out yet, so can't comment) and couldn't remember what EDS'ers recommended for primer for eyelids. So I got the Smashbox one, but after some hours it starts to itch and slide off, then I rub it and it's a real mess. Now I see that people were recommending Urban Decay. Wish I had gotten that one. The Smashbox looks good, it has one end for eyelids, the other for lips, but sorry I have nothing too good to say about it.
cindy67
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:05 am      Reply with quote
I find Kiss Me eyeliner is pretty good and really stays on until you take it off. Please note though that it's not made for singing in the rain. Cool

Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
I have incredibly oily eyelids and have tried just about everything, too. I'm going to try the Urban Decay Primer Potion. I will give you all a couple of extra tricks I know. MAC paints give me about 4 hours of crease-free wear. For about 5 hours, I can use MAC fluidline as a base, while it's tacky, I can apply shadow. Finally, for about 6 hours, I use MAC's liquidlast liner as a base. You only get about 5 seconds to work with it and apply shadow on top before it sets. There are some light shades of both the liquidlast and fluidline that can be used as all-purpose bases. The liquidliner is also great as a liner since it does stay well for many hours without smearing. In fact, you have to use oil-based eye makeup remover to get it off--ironic for this bunch, right?
oncloudten
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
Another vote her for Urban Decay Primer...I get mine from either Sephora or drugstore dot com

I don't put anything on my oily, oily lids except the UD primer. Then I dust with loose powder...whatever I am using at the time!! This month it's Vincent Longo. Last month was Laura Mercier.

Then I apply my favorite shadow...right now Laura Mercier or Trish McEvoy. I am getting a good 10 hours with NO creasing!! WOW!!

V
yomama606
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:34 am      Reply with quote
MAC has some great primers and last all day, but I have never tried UD, maybe I will give that a shot. I don't have a problem with the oily eyelids, but I find the primers make the shadows last all day long and well into the night. So no touch ups needed.
hotiron123
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Primers work...I also try using an oil-free liquid concealer. It leaves the surface of the skin dry and allows for the eye shadow to really stick.

Also, I find that eye-liner pencils smudge and rub off...so try using liquid eyeliner.
jma526

Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
I too have oily eyelids and tried all sorts of eye shadow primers. They work for a few hours but not all day. I have found that using a mattifying lotion is better than any of the primers I have tried.
starphish

Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
I must have some super industial oil on my eyelids because even Urban Decay doesn't keep eyeshadow on my lids Neutral
panzz
5% products discount

Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
I have oily lids too. I find everytime I apply mascara and/or eyeliner it tends to smudge. I always have to be cautious and wipe the corners of my eye! Any tips for mascara and/or eyeliner?
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Count me in! This is why I NEVER wear eyeshadow. I wear waterproof mascara (LOTS of it!) every single day and eyeliner only occasionally. I've been experimenting with waterproof eyeliners.

Now that I'm getting older, I need some kind of moisturizer or cream for the under eye area to soften the look of wrinkles. Periodically I wipe a finger there to get any raccoon smudges.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
ceci
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
i have oily lids too.
i use Too Faced Shadow Insurance Eye Shadow Primer to keep my eyeshadow brightly.
i bought it at eds last month, it's only cost 17cad.
you can try it.
keechuah kua
5% products discount

Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:02 am      Reply with quote
just use dermalogical hydrating gel on the lids. works wonders.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |