Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Where does make-up go?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
Have you noticed that sometimes when you nip into the loo in mid afternoon your makeup is no longer in evidence? Where does the foundation/eye shadow/blusher go...?

This is not too much of an issue for me now I am using better brand cosmetics with good staying power but seriously, where does it go? It's not on my cheeks or under my chin or in my ears, so did my skin soak it up? If that's the case, where did my eyeshadow go? It is a mystery...

Thoughts?

Kiwigirl.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
I'm wondering this myself! Especially if you don't touch your face with anything? hmmmm hmm
Maybe it evaporates?
lithia
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
Iguess they are oxidated in the air.
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
I think most people touch their faces more often than they realize. And maybe some foundation/powder/blush/etc. gets into your pores? I understand oily-lidded folks have problems with their eyeshadow staying in place so it'll crease or gather in the corners or something, ready to be wiped away. I also know that women eat lipstick/gloss like crazy (there's some stat out there about how much we eat in a lifetime).

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
I believe either we touched /wiped it or it fell off.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
I think we absorb a lot into our bodies through our skin and it is not worth thinking about how much lipstick we must have 'consumed' over the years Shock

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
I always heard that the average woman eats 8 POUNDS of lipstick in their lifetime.
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
excellent question...where does make up go???? I guess some of it gets wiped off -probably unintentionally during the day.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
It just fades as the day wears on. Makeup does not seep into pores because the molecules are too big. Some people would also say that your skin throws it off or rather rejects it. Kind of makes me think twice about wearing a foundation. Whats the point?
tinakiss
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:23 am      Reply with quote
And if the skin throws it off, then it makes me worry about the kind of chemicals companies put in make-up with more "staying power". I have no idea what goes into this, but they must be using something more powerful Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:28 am      Reply with quote
Your skin absorbs most of it! This is why I try to use only natural products. Some of it gets rubbed off during the course of the day.
Mabsy

Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:05 am      Reply with quote
Kiwigirl wrote:
Have you noticed that sometimes when you nip into the loo in mid afternoon your makeup is no longer in evidence? Where does the foundation/eye shadow/blusher go...?

rofl rofl This question has been bugging me for ages! I can understand lipstick and lipgloss disappearing. My main question is usually about foundation. I remember getting back from school and finding that most of what I applied was just not there anymore. I don't have the same thing with mineral makeup but I do get it with most tinted moisturisers...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:30 am      Reply with quote
there are teensy makeup fairies that abound in the universe. they take a little bit here, a little bit there, until they have just the amount they need. think about it. have you ever seen a fairy that was not perfectly made up? no! it's because of this seemingly harmless theft that fairies are able to go around looking, well, fairy-like. they thank each and everyone of you from the bottom of their tiny hearts to the tips of their fluttering winglets.

(you should see the little critters without it -- trust me, you'll be grateful for your contribution.)
Mabsy

Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:10 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
there are teensy makeup fairies that abound in the universe. they take a little bit here, a little bit there, until they have just the amount they need. think about it. have you ever seen a fairy that was not perfectly made up? no! it's because of this seemingly harmless theft that fairies are able to go around looking, well, fairy-like. they thank each and everyone of you from the bottom of their tiny hearts to the tips of their fluttering winglets.

(you should see the little critters without it -- trust me, you'll be grateful for your contribution.)

Oh man.... I haven't laughed this hard for ages! It all makes perfect sense now and they are quite welcome to my Dr Hauschka makeup then Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:

excellent! I love this idea! but there must be A LOT of fairies given the amount of makeup that's MIA.

However, I am beginning to think that this is one of those unanswerable questions, a bit like "who killed JFK"... Wink

Kiwigirl.
Quote:

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
This could turn into a conspiracy theory Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Actually it is abit of a consipiracy. The "corporate makeup mongruls" actually put some type of microsphere in the foundation that absorbs excess and then it bursts (actually evaporates). I forget where I read this, but it's done so that you use more makeup (think touchups during the day). This is really big in pressed powders--ever notice how much you touch up with your compact during the day??

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
<------someone flame her, she sounds like she's full of crap. Shock

5% products discount

Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I think that people touch their faces a lot more than they realise! Rolling Eyes
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |