Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

an embarassing question
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
evelin
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
recently I began getting acne on my hmmmm how do I put it... rear end ...has anyone else had this problem and how do you treat it...
thanks a lot everyone
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
Basically treat the area like you would any other acne lesion. Cleanes the area 'carefully" with a cleanser that contains BHA, and apply Benzoyl Peroxide or a Sulphur based product. Keep an eye out that the area doesn't get too red or inflammed from the products. Once the acne has healed apply a BHA treatment product from time to time. I think the most important thing is to keep the area clean and dry (not saying you're not a clean person or anything). If your undies aren't cotton you might try switching to them as they help absorb moisture. HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:31 am      Reply with quote
second that advice (and perhaps to add an aspirin mask or glycolic exfoliator once in a while). just make sure you don't slather on the topical though as you don't want to get it anywhere inside -- ouch! Shock

you might also want to keep it dry with a natural powder like dr. hauschka's if you tend to sweat there. i know i sometimes have a problem with excess moisture as it rolls down my my back into the crease when it's really humid outside.
Mabsy

Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:54 am      Reply with quote
I think regular exfoliation is the way to go in terms of preventing acne. I would incorporate a body wash that has some glycolic acid or just use a loofah (or both). For now, if you have pimples you need to treat then just spot treat with a salicylic acid (BHA) product. Cotton underwear, as opposed to synthetic, is also a very good idea!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:37 am      Reply with quote
I think all of these suggestions are great. I would as a product suggestion Neutrogena's oil free body cleanser with salicyclic acid. It's relatively gentle and reasonably priced. It's an orange color, sold with their anti-acne line.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:38 am      Reply with quote
....and if you sit a lot avoiding tight jeans is a good idea...

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
evelin
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
wow!!! I knew I could count on your advice...my job requres me to sit too much and I think that is why I have acne...i am going to try some of the advice you've given
thanks everyone....
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
I used to have zits on my rear end and my back as well. It is an embarrassing problem, but i would suggest using the neutrogena body wash that is meant to be used for people who have breakouts on their body. You use this in the shower, and when you get out of the shower, you should put acne cream on the area

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
I'd try a scrub brush or loofah on a stick.
pnw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think acne on the rump, lower back, or thighs is all that uncommon. I tend to be peach fuzzy all over and even though I exfoliate, it can lead to minor random acne if I use a moisturizing wash or body lotion after which clogs the follicles.
Nymue
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Something that I used to do for my "back-ne" was regular epsom salt baths. Just soak in the tub with one cup of epsom salts. I do believe that it helped out in conjunction with a topical product. Sometimes it's hard to take baths regularly though! Showers are so much faster.
I have also used that Neutrogena body scrub, it works pretty well!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |