Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Thickening Mascara
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
cuties
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
I have long lashes that need some thickening. Any recs? I've tried so many I probably can even remember what I have and have not tried already.
Caspers Mum

Tue Mar 11, 2003 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
First of all, every woman is loyal to her own brand of mascara (foundation too!), and "Hell hath no mercy" when a woman's product has been discontinued!!Mad What works for some, others may not necessarily like. It's all personal preference.

Jane Iredale has just issued a new Lash Thickener. Think of it as a "base coat" for your lashes. Apply one to two coats, allow to dry, and proceed with your mascara of choice. Their mineral-based mascaras are great, and come in a selection of colours beyond black and brown.

I don't know what your budget is like, but I can tell you that you don't have to spend a lot to see results. I'm a make-up artist, so I'll try to list some of my favorite high-end and low-end products.

Drugstore: L'Oreal Voluminous (classic!), Maybelline Lash Expansion, Max Factor 2000 Calorie. Also, my friend swears by Sonia Kashuk's mascara, which is sold through Target stores. Try these first, as I'm sure that you'll be presently surprised.

Dept./Specialty Stores: Kiss Me mascara, Kevyn Aucoin (hard to find), Estee Lauder More-Than-Mascara, Prescriptives False Eyelashes, Lancome Intencils, M.A.C. Pro Lash. Don't get suckered into high-pressure sales pitches at cosmetics counters; sometimes there are samples to be had. If you do choose to buy before trying, always keep your receipt, because most dept. stores will exchange or refund your money. Check their policies, and good luck with your search.
Caspers Mum

Wed Mar 12, 2003 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
I'd forgotten to mention a couple of "lash thickening tips" yesterday!

Know that you can create the illusion of a more-thick/dense lashline simply by applying liner (in the same colour as the mascara) VERY close to your lashline. Also, this season's fashion has brought more-pronounced eyeliner back into style - the smudgy look and the glamourous "cat-eyes" look of the 50's. What better way to try out a new look?!

Some people find liquid liner hard to work with, and that pencils tug too much at the skin. I suggest trying an eyeshadow, wet or dry, applied with an angled brush. This is a lot easier for those who do not have precision on their side!:P

Investing in a lash-curler is a great way to enhace the length and density of the lashes too. It doesn't have to be an expensive tool. Both Maybelline and Revlon's are fine. If you want something more expensive: Tweezerman, Sheisedo, and the lux. Shu Uemera implements are available, if you have the money to burn. My Maybelline one is fine, personally.
Cool
cuties
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the advice. I have been sampling the new Estee Lauder mascara MagnaScopic. It was great the first day. It really fattened up my lashes and made them look real glossy. Then the next time, I used it (a day or two later) it got all gloopy and messy. Don't know why. I am now using MAC Mascara X and it is the best so far. It's lengthening and very thickening. I will keep you posted on my quest.
escents
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
When you want thick lashes, then wiggle your wand from the root of your lashes to your tips and it will give you that volume and thickness of the effect.
Glow
5% products discount

Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
i really like the new Bobby Brown maskara called EVERYTHING, cool name, huh? i got that one for free when i bought some BB make-upa dn to be honest i love it and wear it only at night, coz it looks like i'm wearling fake lashes when i put it on - really thickening!

i also heard about this product by Talika - EYELASH LIPOCILS, supposedly it makes lashes grow healthier, srronger and THICKER!! it has really good reviews and i'm thinking about ordering that. Wink has anyone tried it?
Mabsy

Sun Jun 27, 2004 4:14 am      Reply with quote
Hey Glow,

I've tried Talika before. Many many years ago I bought three little tubes of it but I can't say that I saw much result really. It was pretty tedious applying it all the time as well and there were times when I forgot to do it. I have seen good reviews of it though so you might (hopefully) have more luck with it than I did.

Mabsy
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:30 am      Reply with quote
I love Origins underwear for lashes. It's goes on white, and then you put a mascara of your choice over it. It really helps to thicken and lengthen. I've got skimpy straight Asian lashes, and it helps.
Medusa
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Glow wrote:

i also heard about this product by Talika - EYELASH LIPOCILS, supposedly it makes lashes grow healthier, srronger and THICKER!! it has really good reviews and i'm thinking about ordering that. Wink has anyone tried it?

It does work! It makes your lashes longer & thicker but dont think your lashes will look the same as with mascara Wink I have been using Talika lipocil for more than a month & my lashes are better than before Cool I like it.

By the way, has anyone tried Pump up Mascara by Bourjois? http://www.bourjoisusa.com/eyes/mascara/2

Medusa
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |