Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Which make-up brush brand to buy?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Poll :: Which are the best make-up brushes?

Bobbi Brown
31%
 31%  [ 6 ]
Shu Uemura
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Armani
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mac
36%
 36%  [ 7 ]
Lauren Hutton
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
NARS
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Sephora
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 19

gigiab6
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:51 am      Reply with quote
I know its pretty gross though I do use it infrequently. I am still so new to this that I am learning about all of these things you need to do. However, I hesitate to give it up because its in such good shape, even though it is dirty. Now I have heard of washing it but you mention conditioning, can you explain further? Do I use hair conditioner?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:54 am      Reply with quote
gigiab6 wrote:
I know its pretty gross though I do use it infrequently. I am still so new to this that I am learning about all of these things you need to do. However, I hesitate to give it up because its in such good shape, even though it is dirty. Now I have heard of washing it but you mention conditioning, can you explain further? Do I use hair conditioner?

I wash my brushes with normal shampoo and condition them with my hair conditioner. There's a thread on brush cleaning.

Here's the link:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=21262&highlight=brush

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:29 am      Reply with quote
Great, I will check that out ASAP. Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
My Chanel have held up the best of all.
Next, my retractable Stila bronzer brush (but it's small enuf to use as blush or powder, not big and bossy) Very soft, very durable and neat for travelling.
My Laura Mercier all seem to loosen where the metal hub attaches to the handle. Wobbly.
Last of all, Bobbie Brown. The ones with the light colored wooden handles - all the hairs break off and get all over my face, and even with washing with her own brush cleanser! Big disappointment.
I will def be trying A'Squirrel next time!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
I will give my vote to MAC.
MAC brushes are decent quality and reasonable priced. I can find usage for most of their brushes.
Velvettt
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:22 am      Reply with quote
No one will believe this, but I swear it's true: I've been using the same brushes since 1989 and they're still just as good as they were then. Mary Kay sable brushes. I wash them frequently with shampoo and fluff dry them on a towel. Yup, it's 2007 now. Best $50 I ever spent.
vikki_cooler
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
I vote for BB.
I think the brush from BB is very cute.
christygao
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
I will vote for MAC, it's good quality, and reasonably priced
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
Shu Uemura,MAC
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
I just hesitate BB or MAC!
rainbow_listic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:15 am      Reply with quote
that would be MAC for me. MAC brush is cheaper then Shu and BB from where i stay. i bought my very first set of MAC brush about 3years back. love especially using #187 to apply loose powder and MAC MSF.
snow_balls
5% products discount

Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:18 am      Reply with quote
MAC for me.
But I bought BB's kabuki since it's way cheaper than MAC's.
mystixx
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:13 am      Reply with quote
I would say MAC, Shu's too expensive for me. Actually BB shouldn't be that bad too. I got one of their brush set and I love the feel of the e/s wash brush. very soft! and I think their brushes aren't that expensive as compared to Shu's
Mom2Busy2Boys
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:47 am      Reply with quote
Mac!
Wendallzmom
5% products discount

Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
MAC! They have a promo going on for Christmas. You get 4 to 5 brushes for $45 - $48 - plus a cute antique looking make-up bag. I bought every set!!!
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:40 am      Reply with quote
I have various brands, Dior, Makeup forever, Smashbox but I love my MAC ones the best! The hairs don't come out, they are just really good quality.
amami aya
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
i <3 my shu uemura brushes!
carforum
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:56 am      Reply with quote
I like Shu Uemura~

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:23 am      Reply with quote
My favourite brushes are from Body & Soul and By Terry. I own all the 8 make-up brushes from Body & Soul. The brushes are very soft. They caress the face when you're applying make-up. By Terry brushes are equally good, but they are far more pricey than Body & Soul.

I don't know why, I just don't like Shu Uemura.
poolean
5% products discount

Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:11 am      Reply with quote
I like BB brush, Mabye will try MAC in future
shelly59

Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
MAC,without a doubt. I did have two BB brushes, but they shed all the time and I pitched them out. MAC is cheaper and, imho, better quality.

I also like Laura Mercier's eyeliner brushes.

For REALLY inexpensive brushes that "do the job but if they are lost its no tragedy"... like what I take on holiday Cool , Sonia Kushiak(sp?) for Target is a nice line.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
Bobbi Brown
and
Mac
yomama606
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:24 am      Reply with quote
I love my MAC brushes, they work great!
Angie B

Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Let's say I have a small fortune invested in my makeup brushes. I've tried many kinds but hands down I love my.....BOBBI BROWN'S, I have over 15 long handles and 10 short for travel. I also have a few mid size. So all in all I'd say I have close to 30 of her brushes alone.

I feel her brushes last the longest, blend the best and apply color the most evenly.

Washing/care is easy and I use her conditioning brush cleanser.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:58 am      Reply with quote
MAC BRUSHES ARE GREAT!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |