Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Which make-up brush brand to buy?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Poll :: Which are the best make-up brushes?

Bobbi Brown
31%
 31%  [ 6 ]
Shu Uemura
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Armani
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mac
36%
 36%  [ 7 ]
Lauren Hutton
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
NARS
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Sephora
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 19

bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
Forget Laura Mercier, I love her makeup but I have one of her face powder brushes and threw it away after one year of constant shedding of hairs and dye!! My Macs don't do that at all!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:46 am      Reply with quote
I would recommend NARS
samanthalow
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
I use body shop brushes and they are the softest brushes I have ever used. I also used MAC brushes before and I find them too stiff, esp blusher brush. Do not like the prickly feeling on my face.
cchan2009
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
MAC mini brush set. They are affordable and comes in a set. I have three sets of different ones. They double great for travelling and they are as good of a quality as the full-size for only 30-40% of the price.

Essential brushes:
- Blush Brush (use for loose powder or blush)
- Eye Shadow brush
- Flat eyeliner brush
- fluff shadow brush (for blending)
- bronzer brush (if you are into bronzing powder)
- mascara wands (you can buy this seperately from the set or ask to get some free mascara wands thrown in from the try-out counter. These are great for getting clumps out of lashes or blending brow shadows.
florli
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
I would vote for BB. I've tried Shu Uemura, BB and Stila. Stila had the worst quality, while both Shu and BB were quite good and they lasted forever. But the BB brushes just look nicer Laughing
alley0808
5% products discount

Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:24 am      Reply with quote
i have been using my shu uemura brushes for the past 10 years. its still good for today.
Kat ~<3
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:24 am      Reply with quote
Bobbi Brown Huh? I've only used Sephora because they are so expensive I didn't want to experiment with other brands if I was happy with one already. I wash my brushes with the special brush shampoo and they become smooth again almost like new. Problem is I have noticed after a few washes they begin to shed. Bobbi Brown it is. The polls have spoken!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:58 am      Reply with quote
I really love NARS make-up brushes, i had them for almost 3 years, i know they are not cheap but if you want good brushes i think you have to paid good price, this is a investment. I think bobby brown are pretty good too, but never try.
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for all the inputs. I just started looking for brushes and now will definitely go with BB or Mac. Very Happy
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
I used my Make Up Forever kabuki ($40USD) for exactly 2 weeks and washed it once. The plastic coating around the handle started cracking and is now peeling! Back it goes to Sephora, but such a shame since it's the softest, densest kabuki I've ever used!

My experience with Bobbi Brown brushes has always been bad - they shed so bad and the hairs break off at the ferrule. For my money, YSL makes a nice soft durable blush brush and Laura Mercier makes a nice fine point eyeliner brush that is stiff yet supple.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
I love Mac brushes, they are cheap and good quality... some of my favorite brushes are Laura Mercier too, her brushes are also great but a bit more pricy.
danatartau
5% products discount

Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Definitely Mac.
dongss_1999
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:46 am      Reply with quote
I bought the brushes from Sephora, I kept on using them for years, and they are durable, so I never though to buy another set. And I have no idea to the brushes of other band. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:52 am      Reply with quote
I have a travel mini size brush from Laura Mercier. The quality is really good.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Sonia Kashuk at Target.
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:23 am      Reply with quote
I like the MAC best ~It's very soft and convenient to use~

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
Real Techniques! Ulta and Target have them as well as iHerb.com.

Soft, synthetic, affordable, with colorful aluminum handles that allow the brushes to stand on their own, and many nice sets. All are just as good as, if not better than, my expensive Shiseido, MAC, Chanel and Suqqu brushes. (havent tried Tom Ford yet tho...) If you get nothing else, try the Setting Brush. Nice little all purpose brush for apply setting powder to the undereye area after concealer, or for applying liquid or stick foundation. Small enough to get into corners!

I believe they are color-coded too: face brushes are pink handles and eye seems to be lavender.

http://realtechniques.com/shop-collection?gclid=CLDfvuDR8L8CFSsSMwodm0IAEA

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:49 pm      Reply with quote
Synthetics: Real Techniques or any of the eBay dupes, artists brushes from craft storesa

Real hair: All Shu Uemura, Suqqu and Trish McEvoy and some Edward Bess and Sue Devitt

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
ShiningStar77
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:47 am      Reply with quote
High End:
Hakuhodo
MAC
Bobbi Brown
Shu Umeura
Nars

Mid Range:
Japonesque
Real Techniques
Bdellium Tools

Budget (very good brands):
Zoeva
Coastal scents (some of brush range/ good MAC dupes)
ELF Studio brushes (some of brush range)
babybear
5% products discount

Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
I like Kabuki foundation brushes the most. Laughing

I also have a Real Techinques eye starter set, the hair is super soft.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |