Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

prescription acne topical
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:55 am      Reply with quote
What does everyone use?
cloud_9
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:07 am      Reply with quote
clindamycin topical solution. It's an antibiotic, so I haven't had any peeling or redness, and it's working well to keep pimples away. Still need the aspirin mask for blackheads, though.
natsumi
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:16 am      Reply with quote
I also use a clindamycin product - Clindagel. You just apply a thin layer once a day and like Cloud 9 said no side effects at all.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:26 am      Reply with quote
I'm not currently using anything topical, but over the past 9 years, I've used just about EVERYTHING under the sun. Hopefully after this last round of Accutane I'll remain mostly breakout free.
Some topicals worked a little bit for me, and some did NOTHING. Benzoyl peroxide seemed to be the one thing that always helped to some extent. I used it the way Dan's Regimen recommends (although it can lead to some serious flakies). You can check out the regimen and also a good acne forum atwww.acne.org. Prescription-wise, Triaz worked pretty well for me (I believe it was a 6% benzoyl peroxide solution). But it also tended to dry my face out like crazy, I couldn't use it every day.
Differin and Retin-A did nothing for my acne. I was given a few samples of Clindagel when I started my Accutane course, but I started to clear up so quickly that I only used it a few times. The texture was good though and seemed very gentle. I have heard quite a few people on this board rave about it.
I unfortunately did not have too much luck with prescription topicals. Another routine I had going for awhile was salicylic acid followed up with benzoyl peroxide for a 1-2 punch.

HTH! Good luck!
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:53 am      Reply with quote
I used to use a lot of acne topical treatments, I did start to get concerned about what chemicals I was absorbing into my skin.
I have found that using Tea Tree Oil and or Witch Hazel is just as effective.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:53 am      Reply with quote
I posted this in another thread, but nobody ahs answered. has anbody ever used sodium sulfacetamide and sulfur?
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
roadtonowhere wrote:
I posted this in another thread, but nobody ahs answered. has anbody ever used sodium sulfacetamide and sulfur?

Sorry, I'm not familiar with it. I know the PTR sulfur mask is quite popular and some people use it as a night time spot treatment.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Don't know anything about sodium sulfacetamide. I do use a compounded RX that has sulfur in it. Sulfur has been used for years for various skin conditions. I don't use this product for acne but redness on my neck from sun damage.
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Donnababe: You use sulfur for redness....?
I googled this sodium sulfacetamide+sulfur thing found out that it is also used by ppl with rosacea.
Hm.. maybe the sulfur reduces infalmmation?
I am really curious to know which one is better. Clindamycin or sodium sulfacetamide.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
I use clynoxil gel. It doesnt cause any dryness of the face at all and cleared up my acne

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:56 am      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:
I use clynoxil gel. It doesnt cause any dryness of the face at all and cleared up my acne

BCgirl: I could not find alynoxil on google. Did you mean clindoxyl?
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:37 am      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:

BCgirl, do you need a prescription for it?
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
donnababe, does it work. Can you use it on you face?
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
i used differin everyday for half a year and it just sucked.. its suppost to prevent new bumps from comming up but it did nothing for me.. just kept away big bumps but little ones showed up every other day. i stopped using it.
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
duac
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:08 am      Reply with quote
roadtonowhere wrote:

I used Sulfacet which is sodium sulfacetamide. I used this about 8 years ago when I fisrt started going to a dermatologist for my acne. I hated it! You can get a white version or a tinted version and both leave a noticable film on your skin. I used it for a month or two and it was not really working well so my derm added Differin. The combination of the Differin and Sulfacet was killing my skin, it was very red and irritated. After a month or so I stopped the Sulfacet and continued with the Differin which seemed to work fine once I stopped totally irritating my face by using both together. BTW the label for Differin says not to combine it with sulfur, I wonder what my derm was thinking. Rolling Eyes

I have used many prescription treatments over the last eight years. Differin for the entire 8 years usually with a topical antibiotic, benzoyl peroxide, or a combo topical antibiotic/benzoyl peroxide. I even used Azelex for a while in addidion to Differin and a topical antibiotic. Right now I am trying to get by with just the Differin. Benzoyl Peroxide has usually worked well for me but irritates my skin and I don't like the idea of using antibiotics for a long period of time. I am hoping that I can keep my acne at bay with just the Differin and spot treating with benzoyl peroxide.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |