Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
REVIEW: Body Shop Monoi Miracle Oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:44 am      Reply with quote
I really like the is product. It's an oil that can be used in the bath, on the body and in the hair. So far I've only used it on the body. My skin's been quite dry lately so when I got out of the bath yesterday I put it on when my skin was still damp. It really seems to lock moisture in and makes skin nice and soft. Smells nice too (it reminds me of something but I can't think what). I really fancy trying Elemis Frangipani Monoi Moisture Melt, but will have to save up a bit for that one! This is a nice, cheaper version and costs about £10 I think.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:37 am      Reply with quote
You might also like REN's Monoi Body Rinse, Rachael. You use it towards the end of your bath or shower and quickly rinse. It's gently cleansing and leaves your skin quite soft and subtly perfumed. I really like it.

REN also do a Monoi Body Oil that I haven't tried yet, but will certainly do so.

Have you ever used Hei Poa products? They look as if they'd be really good and monoi seems to be used a lot in them. That's (yet) another line I want to try.
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
I've never actually heard of Hei Poa, are they online? Where are they based. The REN also sounds good, I often look at their products but have never tried as yet. I'll add it to the list!
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
my favourite is one of the originals, Monoi Tiare Tahiti. i was living in Tahiti for six weeks and became addicted. my skin and hair was in the best condtion ever. everybody else used it as well. it comes with a little dried flower in every bottle. the only problem is that sometimes solidifies when it's cold, so you need to put it under hot running water to make it return to its original consistency. it's all natural and really the best IMO.

here's the website: http://www.monoi.com/oil.html
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:08 am      Reply with quote
I don't really know much about the company that produces Hei Poa. I know that I saw it in some of the Parisian department stores whilst I was last there. (Was very tempted to buy. Wish I had now!)

You can see it here:

http://www.hqhair.com/code/products.asp?PageID=593&SectionID=590&FeaturedID=4242&FeaturedProduct=5544&pID=1

It looks similar to the brand la vie en rose posted, but is probably by a different manufacturer.

la vie en rose - That looks good! I've bookmarked the site as I notice they ship internationally.
fidget-jones
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried both the Body Shop Monoi oil and the Elemis Frangipani Moisture Melt?

I have the Body Shop version and adore the smell, was wondering if the Elemis one is significantly better or just the same product for x3 as much money!
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
I used the Elemis monoi oil for the first time last night. I got it free (long story!) which was lucky as I'm not sure I'd be prepared to pay £28-£30 for it. To be honest, I really didn't see a huge difference between this one and the Body Shop version. I guess the Elemis packaging looks nicer. It comes it a dark red bottle, and is solid so you have to leave it in a bowl of warm water for a few minutes prior to using to let it liquify. The smell is very similar as is the texture. The Elemis oil is possibly slightly thinner than the Body Shop version but results wise my skin doesn't feel any softer or smoother after using Elemis. Overall, Elemis is nice for a treat but I'd definitley repurchase the Body Shop version as I don't feel the results justify spending the extra £20, and as the Body Shop oil costs just £10 I feel that I can slap loads on without feeling guilty! HTH!
fidget-jones
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Rachael I think you just saved me £30! I had been thinking that perhaps as it was so expensive it would be better, but as I'm learning with many Elemis products this is often not the case (their cleanser and toner spring to mind!)

I've recently tried the Hei Poa monoi oil in the frangipanier fragrance (from HQ hair), this also comes solid like the elemis oil so I thought it might be more similar than the body shop one. I think I prefer it, it's lovely to use warm and the smell is the same as the body shop monoi.

This was £9 for 100ml but again, not a massive difference in results between this and the body shop.

Anyway, great to hear from someone who has tried both - cheers Smile
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
No problem! The Hei Poa oil is now on my wanted list!
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review. I'll check this oil out the next time im in The Body Shop. Very Happy
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Rachel,

I got kind of bored of body shop reptition ( I shudder at the oceanus, white musk, moonstar packages line-up I know there since time began) so thanks a million for the recommendation. I will definitely try this as I too really wanted to try Elemis.

My only staple at the Body Shop is their tea tree oil nose and pore mask. It is great for zapping a spot in its tracks and I always have a tube handy. They also do great cheap lipglosses for summer.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |