Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Totally skeptical about Cellular Skin RX's Vialox
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Janis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:01 am      Reply with quote
I received my package of Cellular Skin RX's Relax Plus with Vialox...and I have to admit I am completely skeptical and feel a little bit like a sucker so far.

First of all, I practically had to break out a magnifying glass to find the bottle within the sea of styrofoam peanuts! Laughing

But then the fact that it arrived in two bottles -- I am wary that that's just a marketing ploy to make you feel like you're getting more product. I also feel like they are trying to make you feel more actively engaged in preparing the solution, so that if it doesn't work you will wonder what "you" did wrong. I don't understand why the solution doesn't come pre-mixed. Granted, there could be a perfectly good scientific explanation.

But I guess the bottle size is essentially what makes me feel like a fool for buying it -- there's so little product and it cost $44 plus shipping. Also, when I put it on, I was expecting to feel something...a tingle, some sort of change, ANYTHING, but it really just felt I was putting water over my skin.

Now, I am crossing my fingers and hoping my skepticism is proved wrong and I will actually see results with this stuff...but so far, consider me a MAJOR skeptic.

I'll keep everyone updated!
Allie Grace
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:44 am      Reply with quote
You got it on yet? Is it working??? LOL...this is a product I am wanting to try, so I hope you have rave reviews! Keeping fingers crossed for ya.

Allie
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
I tried it before and it never did anything for me, but that was before I had botox. I was thinking of trying it again just to see if it will help maintain the botox results! No, it does not sting or anything, and I think you only use 1 drop or 2, so the tiny bottle does last a very long time as it is just for the "specific" areas. Let us know how it is working for you. I think when I used it, they said to give it 1 month of twice a day use (?) so you may not see anything for a while. Good luck.
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
First of all, I don't thin you're supposed to put it all over your face. It is a "spot treatment" to be applied to your wrinkles (i.e. crowsfeet, forehead lines, nose to mouth lines). I have not used the Relax plus Vialox, but I do use the Relax-a-line. It is a 1/2 oz bottle, and I use it twice a day EVERY day on my forehead and between my eyebrows. My bottle lasted me 3 months!!!! I just finished up the one I started on January 3.

I saw results with the Relax-a-line within a couples days of starting using it. And now after 3 months use, I can honestly say I can not see my forehead lines on most days.

Hope the Vialox works for you. I am thinking of buying that the next time I need to replace the Relax-a-line. It is supposed to be stronger!

Lori

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Yes I will use it as directed and track my progress here. I'm using it specifically on some undereye lines/crow's feet that are driving me insane. Of course I hope to see some progress, but I'm not counting on anything with that tiny ass little bottle! We shall see.
Mabsy

Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
Janis wrote:
Yes I will use it as directed and track my progress here. I'm using it specifically on some undereye lines/crow's feet that are driving me insane. Of course I hope to see some progress, but I'm not counting on anything with that tiny ass little bottle! We shall see.

I really wouldn't judge a product by the size of the packaging it comes in. Give it a go and see if it does anything for you. Also, I am not sure if this applies to the CSRx product as well, but argireline based products in my opinion tend to be more effective on the frown lines between your brows than little lines around the eye area.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to update here. I've used this product for a little over a week now, and no signs of any sort of change at all. Now, I realize it hasn't been long, so I will just keep with it and see what the results are by the end of the month.

The product claims to reduce wrinkle depth by 40% (yes, kind of an ambiguous claim, not even sure what that MEANS exactly) by the end of the month. I would assume that I should be seeing at least minor results already if such an improvement were to take place, but definitely no change whatsoever so far.

I'll let you guys know how it goes, though. So far, I continue to be highly skeptical...
ocean
5% products discount

Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I used the Relax-A-Line withOUT Vialox, it did nothing for me except make my wrinkles look DRY! however it works for some. It depends on the individual. EVERYthing I try with an ingredient called Argireline which I "think" is Acetyl-Hexepeptide?? but I could be wrong, ONLY makes my wrinkles worse and dryer and worse looking, that ingredient just irritates my skin, even if I put the BEST moisturizers over it (used all kinds including la mer).

Maybe it will work though! But after 1 month if it doesn't show any change I'd say get your money back.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:38 am      Reply with quote
I think you have to remember that the Relax-a-line products - with or without vialox - is meant to simulate the effects of botox injections. If it is going to be effective at all, it will be effective between your eyebrows, on forehead lines, and on crow's feet (ONLY). Not only will putting it under your eyes NOT deal with those fine lines, but it could very well make them worse.

I've never used the product with vialox but I did try Relax-a-line. It isn't a miracle serum, but it had an effect. I finally went ahead and got botox injections and used the rest of it to prolong the effects of the botox.
Janis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:01 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
If it is going to be effective at all, it will be effective between your eyebrows, on forehead lines, and on crow's feet (ONLY). Not only will putting it under your eyes NOT deal with those fine lines, but it could very well make them worse.

Well I am definitely aiming it mostly at my crow's feet/lines AROUND the eyes rather than under, although yes, I guess I've been putting it on those undereye lines, too. Maybe I should stop. Why would the product not help/possibly harm those particular lines?
tularyn
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:54 am      Reply with quote
My instinct (which could be TOTALLY WRONG but it makes sense to me) is that it will help the lines that are "helped" by Botox... i.e. lines that are caused my moving your face/muscles (between the brow, on your forehead).

I think that the lines under your eyes are different--so immobilizing the muscle (or a treatment simulating that effect) won't make them go away or look less severe.

Does that make any sense?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:12 am      Reply with quote
But the lines under my eyes DO seem to be caused by movement, -- squinting, blinking, just the natural movements associated with the eyeball and sight.

But honestly, I have no idea how any topical cream could have any immobilizing effect on muscles... I'm no scientist, but it just doesn't seem logical.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:33 am      Reply with quote
It may SEEM to you that the lines under your eyes are formed by "movement," but the simple fact is that relaxing the muscles under your eyes are NOT going to do you any good. If it were an effective approach, don't you think needle-happy derms would willingly shoot the area full of botox.

As for the science behind the topical relaxants, the fact is that, although the topicals are in no way as effective as botox injections, they do have an effect. You should satisfy your skepticism by reading the multitude of stuff that is available about it online.

The other problem in undereye application of this stuff is that the component that acts as a relaxant can be drying on the thin undereye skin. Keep using it there - you'll find out for yourself!
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using it since it came out and I find it to be more effective than Relax-A-Line for my "11" lines between my brows. I still use the Relax-A-Line on my crow's feet and lip lines though. The site has good info on both products including explanations of how Vialox works (Relax Plus active ingredient)and how the acetyl hexapeptide (Relax-A-Line active ingredient) works. I agree that acetyl hexapeptide can be slightly drying. I top it off with Nivea CoQ10 eye cream or Jurlique's Wrinkle Protection cream with good results.

Also, you have to apply both these products a couple of times/day when you first start using them. If you use them every once in a while or infrequently, you won't see results. (Like most products.)
Mabsy

Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
It may SEEM to you that the lines under your eyes are formed by "movement," but the simple fact is that relaxing the muscles under your eyes are NOT going to do you any good.

I agree with this. The product would be more suitable to the forehead ||s, not lines around the eye area. These will generally not be improved by relaxing the muscles. Having said that, my mum has had improvement in the eye/lip area but not as much as on her forehead.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:48 am      Reply with quote
I just wanted to update again here.

I read all of your comments and I see you saying that you don't think this product is necessarily suited for lines around the eyes. Maybe you're right here; however, no such warning exists in the advertising/packaging for the product.

I have now been using this product twice a day, as directed, and unfortunately I continue to be... underwhelmed. Haven't noticed any change at all, unfortunately. I'm obviously going to finish off the bottle but I don't think this is a product I will buy again.

So that's my experience here. I guess I'd warn others to be wary about directing this product at crow's feet/eye wrinkles. I know others have achieved better results, I think esp. with forehead lines, but I can't personally give a positive recommendation.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |