Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
How to get rid of a tan?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SkinMan
5% products discount

Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi people.

My forearms and face are a little bit tanned, were as my legs back and chest are extremely pale.

I think i tan easily, hence the body parts that are out most get tanned.

When im wearing shorts or no shirt it looks a bit silly with the different from my forearms, to were my upperarms starts looks different.

I was wonderng whats the easiest way to lighten my skin colour so it will match my legs, back etc?
tularyn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Wear sunscreen on those areas whenever you go outside, and start exfoliating in the shower. That will help prevent you from getting tanner there.

There are lots of skin brightening/lightening products, but some are pretty pricey, so I don't know if you'd want to be slathering them all over your arms.

I'm sure others will jump in with more specific suggestions, but good luck!
alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Echoing tularyn on the sunscreen. Maybe something with a higher SPF on areas you tan more in may help even the tan out.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Might be easier to tan the rest of ur body so it matches ur arms and face. The gradual tanners might be best so u can stop when they match!!!! Good luck

Melissa
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Exfoliate!!! I like the use a loofah.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
I too was thinking to tan the rest of your body to match. The same thing always happens to me, the front of my legs will tan whilst the backs are stark white!!

5% products discount

Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:35 am      Reply with quote
Exfoliate lol?

Sorry but i am a bit of a noob. I dont really like a tan much, so id prefer to get rid of what i got lol
SkinMan
5% products discount

Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:33 am      Reply with quote
bump
Mabsy

Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:45 am      Reply with quote
I think exfoliating is a good suggestion and you should see some result over time but it won't be dramatic. There is no easy quick way to get rid of a tan. However, you should make sure that you wear high SPF protection and cover up whenever possible.

5% products discount

Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Exfoliate?
Mabsy

Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
SkinMan wrote:
Exfoliate?

Yes! Use a good scrub, or a loofah, or a shower gel with glycolic acid in it. It helps slough off the old dead skin cells.

5% products discount

Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Can you reccomend me some products?

My legs etc(because they are never in the sun) never ever get tanned and are extremely pale.

However my face and hands, also neck and fore arms are pretty much tanned constantly.

Over the last week i've been riding my bike every day in sunny weather and after about 2days of doing it, my cheeks went red for a night or so.

A few of my family members said i had a tan, this happened really fast.

What would be the quickest way to get rid of a tan that is pretty much constant, and what would be way to keep it away?
Mabsy

Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
SkinMan wrote:
Can you reccomend me some products?

Over the last week i've been riding my bike every day in sunny weather and after about 2days of doing it, my cheeks went red for a night or so.

Out of curiosity, while you were out riding your bike - what level of SPF were you using? If you don't use a high SPF sunblock in the first place then you can forget about trying to maintain a lighter skin tone (not to mention skin cancer risk)...

Scrub wise, I am not sure what is available in drug stores currently that has AHAs. I had a MD Formulations Face & Body scrub which I thought was very good, though too rough for my face. Peter Thomas Roth also makes body washes with AHAs.

5% products discount

Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
I wasnt using any sunblock, never even thought about using it to be honest.

When i rub it on, do i rub it in so its NOT visible or so there are still white patches all over ?
Mabsy

Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
SkinMan wrote:
I wasnt using any sunblock, never even thought about using it to be honest.

When i rub it on, do i rub it in so its NOT visible or so there are still white patches all over ?

If you don't use sunblock then you can forget about fading a tan as well - there is just no point. Not to mention the skin cancer risk that you expose yourself to. You need to get a good broad-spectrum sunblock, preferably spf30+ if you are outdoors a fair bit, and then apply that. Rub it in so it's not visible.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
SkinMan,

Go out and buy a bottle of sunscreen that has Mexoryl or Tinsorb. I'm guessing you live in England, so it should be easy to find. Put it on your face and arms every morning, even cloudy days.

Stay out of the sun.

IF you go out while the sun is out, put on a hat with a broad brim and a shirt that covers your arms.
SkinMan
5% products discount

Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Yea i live in England, thanks for the advice, i'll get some and put it on every day.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |