Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Dermalogica Microfoliant - Review
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Seaera
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Well this is my first review for a product that I'm not loving 100%. It's usually so much easier writing a review on something that you love so much (not to mention more fun too!)

Now, don't get me wrong, I did get nice results from this product, but it's not wow-ing me like a lot of the others posters here.

So here's my take on it...

The good: you only need a small amount and it does leave your skin nicely scrubbed and not irritated at all. It made my skin look nice and pink and fresh!

The bad: I'm a girl who likes nice smelling things. The smell of this is NOT pleasant for me at all. Yeah, I know...it's a minor thing but, for me, it's a big deal. I actually refused to breathe through my nose while using this. I can't even describe the smell...but I know I just don't like it.
One other thing that bugged me is that after I mixed the powder with the water and I'm scrubbing the stuff on my face, I'd constantly get water dripping down my arms. I guess, a solution for that would be to use it while in the shower!

So, there it is! My first mediocre review! Sad It really is a product that works well but if the smell doesn't bother you and the dripping water doesn't bother you, I'm sure you'll like it! Most people seem to really love it and I know it's a lot of people's holy grail for exfoliating.

bic145
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, To me, Dermalogica Microfoliant doesn't have much smell. I guess it is the purpose of the product. It can ben used on sensitive skin. Some perfume that used in skin care can also cause the irritation.
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Bic. I purposely buy products such as the Gel Nettoyant from Yonka due to its great smell. The Microfoliant doesn't seem to smell like much to me but I guess I don't mind that too much since I have other, better-smelling products. But it's really hard to find a better exfoliant, so I'd rather "suffer" the non-smell.

Actually, Seaera, I have the SAME problem with the water dripping down my arms -- I actually get that problem with just cleansers (although it's worse with the Microfoliant). I usually use the Microfoliant in the shower to avoid that mess but it IS quite annoying. The thing I try to do is drape a towel on the sink area (used to dry the sink area in general) and I rest my elbows there so the water can only get as far as my elbows. It works pretty well and it keeps the sink area nice and dry. Plus, there's a towel there to dry up the area after you're done Smile

Lisa
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |