Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Murad Pure Skin Clarifying Supplement
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried the Murad Pure Skin Clarifying Supplement or Murad Clarifying Mask? I've been using their Acne kit for the past week and was wondering if ordering the supplements and the masque would give my skin care system a boost.

I've already tried:
Proactiv - it made my skin so oilier (I already have oily skin) and didn't clear up anything
Serious Skin Care - worked miracles for me until last year
RoC PURIF-AC- helped with the existing acne but didn't prevent the new ones
jlrobatzek
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:54 am      Reply with quote
I've been thinking of the vitamins too. I started Murad about 6 months ago, and have been having some luck.
I find using the mask once a week, more often before 'that time', has really helped. If you have a Sephora near you, they will give you a little jar of it to sample (there was enough for about 3 treatments). I did that to test if it would dry me out too much. Then I ordered it off of EDS, because they were cheaper.
I also loved Serious skincare, but agree, that about a year ago it stopped working for me. I'm wondering if they changed the formula of it.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
How long did it for you to see results with Murad? Do you have oily skin? So, Sephora gives out samples? I never knew that. Time to do some sampling.

Thanks!
jlrobatzek
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:45 am      Reply with quote
It took a 2-3 weeks with the starter kit before I stopped breaking out so much. I've been using the mask about 3 months now, and it only took a couple times to really see a reduction in the remaining breakouts. (The only time I'm breaking out now is during 'that time' and even then it is only a few spots.)
My big problem is trying to find a product that will clear up my old acne scars without breaking me out.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
I just got a jar of Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel. I heard a lot of good things about it on this forum. I'll let you know how it goes. Smile
jlrobatzek
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:55 am      Reply with quote
I'm trying the True Cosmetics Radiance Revealing Complex. I read about it in Allure magazine. They reviewed different products and wrote up reviews. They said they noticed a differece in 2 weeks. I've been trying it for 11 days, and haven't seen a change in the scars, but I've noticed the slight wrinkles around my eyes have diminished a bit, and I haven't had any major breakouts. I'm going to keep up with it, I'll let you know how it goes too.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
The Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel is amazing. I didn't notice a big difference on my face after I used it...but the next morning, I noticed that my scars were fading. I also tried the Blemish Serum. The serum doesn't sting. It doesn't feel like acne medication. It really diminished my blemishes. I'm so tempted to stop using Murad right now and switch over to Juice Beauty. It really sucks that I got the 2 month supply so I have to use the stuff up. Sad
jlrobatzek
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Sorry to hear that Murad didn't work for you.
When I get a product that wasn't the greatest, I usually end up using it was shower gel, and body lotion.

I went to Sephora and got a sample of the Green Apple Peel this weekend. I tried it, but it didn't seem to do anything. The salesperson warned me my face might to red, but I didn't even feel a tingle. I have a quick question. Does the product say to stir it before use? The reason I'm asking, is because she just poured it out of the container. I didn't think of it at the time, but I'm wondering if all the good stuff settles on the bottom of the container.
I've read such good reviews of this stuff, and I'm so desperately want to get rid of the ance scars. I was hoping this would be the cure.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
jlrobatzek,

I'm going to finish using my Murad kit before ordering any other kits. I will be patient.

I feel your pain about those acne scars. Those scars make you look like you have more acne than you really do. So far the JB peel is working. In time, I hope it would fade the darker scars.

The instructions for the peel is to apply to cleansed skin, wait 15 minutes and rinse. You only need to do this peel once a week. You don't need to stir the peel.

I'll keep you posted on my progress with the peel.
jlrobatzek
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:00 am      Reply with quote
Thanks! I'm going to keep using it until I run out of the sample. Maybe it is just goingto take awhile with my skin.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
Juice Beauty is definitely better for my skin than Murad ever was. I've recently started using JB Cleansing Gel and it's really good. It smells kind of funny but it really cleanses my face. My skin doesn't feel dry. The peel is going really well too. I noticed a lot of the scars fading. The lighter ones are almost completely gone. It's probably going to take more time since I have quite a few scars. Sad
So, how did the peel work out for you? You should try the JB Blemish Serum too.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |