Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

L'Occitane Shea Butter Milk Shower Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
I bought a big fat bottle of this last weekend and boy do I love it!

This shower cream, which doubles as shampoo also comes in other versions: Lavender, Honey, Vanilla, Verbena or Ylang Ylang. It's gentle enough to use on babies - I bathed my kids with it and they just smell yummy top to bottom! Your skin is silky upon rinsing, and your hair is left soft and shiny even without a conditioner (better than some shampoos that claim to soften and give shine)*. In fact, my soap-intolerant 3-yr old's skin also seems to like it - he hasn't itched for days now!

I'm lazy when it comes to moisturising my body so when I shower with this I think I can get away with not putting on body lotion as often as I should! Laughing

Sorry this isn't a thorough review, but I have to run. Fire away any questions or comments you have and I'll get back to y'all later. I just had to write this one because I've never been so excited about a shower cream (fragranced ones are drying, creamy ones don't lather etc). Definitely a staple in my house from now on Smile !

* I used the Milk, can't say the same about the other versions because I haven't tried them.

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
Allie Grace
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hiya! This sounds perfect for me as I love a good smelling bath/shower lotion but I have to careful as most of the ones I try are'nt good on my skin. If it is gentle enough for babies I bet will be good for my sensitive skin.

I just recently tried baby bees (burts bees) and love it so far. Been wanting to try the L'Occitane hand lotion and will be putting this shower cream on my "list" too.

thanks for the tip!

Allie
Mabsy

Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:43 am      Reply with quote
This sounds nice - thank you for the review! Why do I have such a weakness for shower/bath products?! I am almost out of the Weleda Lavender Bath Milk that I bought recently Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:20 am      Reply with quote
This sounds like a fabulous product for taking when travelling, I love the idea of it doubling as a shower gel and a shampoo!! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:30 am      Reply with quote
The vanilla bath and shower gel is to die for! . It's more of a gel than a cream like the shea butter range, but lovely and moisturizing, and smells gorgeous.
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
This sounds like a fabulous product for taking when travelling, I love the idea of it doubling as a shower gel and a shampoo!! Very Happy

I thought I'd update my review: For the past week I've been washing my hair with this, and I'd like to add that the fact that it does two jobs isn't just fabulous for travelling, but also for lazy people like me!

I ran out of shampoo and for some reason have been lazy about shopping for one. I use this bath cream to shampoo my kids' hair, so I thought I'd just keep using it on mine. The first few washes was just okay, nothing to write home about so to speak, but it did impress me that for a product made for the body, it did a great job at washing the hair - pleasant scent, and while my hair did tangle a bit (couldn't be bothered with condish) it dried soft and shiny.

Now the best thing isn't just that: my dry scalp also benefited, and is no more flaky! Dancing

This definitely is a keeper.

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:16 am      Reply with quote
I love the shea butter shower cream as a shampoo, I find it makes my hair really soft and shiny but you can't use it all the time, great to take on holiday though.
bunnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
this is fab. guys and girls love it. good packaging too. so will look good in the shower!
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
How big is the bottle, and how much is it? I love L'Occitane products, and I like to try new shower products.
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:53 am      Reply with quote
I do not want to spend so much money on a shower, but actually L'Occitane Shea Butter body cream is very good, which is really doing a good job on moisture my skin during winter. But, anyway, I do not like the smell of Shea Butter....
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
I like honey shampoo, hand cream is also very good, thank you

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:00 am      Reply with quote
I had used fiddle-wood bath oil and fiddle-wood body lotion,for me,they are all samples for 40 ml each,I can use them for traveling,and fiddle-wood line is very suitable in summer because it can clen clearly ,the smell is lucidity.
kala~kala
5% products discount

Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:51 am      Reply with quote
My husband likes the feeling very much which its smell and moistens:lol:
rockplume
5% products discount

Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info, I'm gonna try it!
Is it by any chance organic?
chenhui
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:37 am      Reply with quote
It is very sad that this brand will disappear in EDS.I love their products.
Inezmi

Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:28 am      Reply with quote
I definiely love L'occitane products. I've tried their SHEA BUTTER body lotion, SHEA face mask. they rescued my skin form dryness and sensitivity.

now they launched out the new Olive organic line. I'm really interested, cause I've tried the old version, they are fabulous too.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:08 am      Reply with quote
pumpingmummy wrote:
I bought a big fat bottle of this last weekend and boy do I love it!

This shower cream, which doubles as shampoo also comes in other versions: Lavender, Honey, Vanilla, Verbena or Ylang Ylang. It's gentle enough to use on babies - I bathed my kids with it and they just smell yummy top to bottom! Your skin is silky upon rinsing, and your hair is left soft and shiny even without a conditioner (better than some shampoos that claim to soften and give shine)*. In fact, my soap-intolerant 3-yr old's skin also seems to like it - he hasn't itched for days now!

I'm lazy when it comes to moisturising my body so when I shower with this I think I can get away with not putting on body lotion as often as I should! Laughing

Sorry this isn't a thorough review, but I have to run. Fire away any questions or comments you have and I'll get back to y'all later. I just had to write this one because I've never been so excited about a shower cream (fragranced ones are drying, creamy ones don't lather etc). Definitely a staple in my house from now on Smile !

* I used the Milk, can't say the same about the other versions because I haven't tried them.

Very nice information! Thanks a lot!

I've read that many ppl recommend the body products of this brand more than his skin care.

Put the product in my list...
vacarno
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
I love almond serise~~~~ Very Happy Smile Smile Smile Wink
marnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Does the scent linger noticeably out of the shower, or it just while using it that you notice the scent?
chyi
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
I love it very much
yeeyaw
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:51 am      Reply with quote
I love its hand cream
Sabrinafr
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info. I love body line of L'occitane, but never tried this product before. I'll put it on my buying list.
Louisa1303
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:52 am      Reply with quote
Am using their body lotion, shea butter too and i love it too, am going to try their body wash Cool
Sabrinafr
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:30 am      Reply with quote
I love this body line in winter, and the hand cream as well.
wylone
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:05 am      Reply with quote
It's really creamy, feels like butter, the smell is nice too
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |