Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

which vit c serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lorrapaw
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:49 am      Reply with quote
Can anyone reccomend which is a good one i have tried vivier but that was about ayear or so ago.

Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:02 am      Reply with quote
What did you think of the texture of the Vivier one? Do you like it or prefer something more watery? Cellex-C is good but tends to go dark pretty quickly. If you like the more substantial texture then PSF and maybe CSRx are the way to go. Vivier is still my fave though, but some of the IS Clinical serums are also nice (Poly-Vitamin in particular).

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:53 am      Reply with quote
emerginC's vitamin C (12%)serum is really good, they also have one which has 20% vit C depending on the results u r after

oli
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:03 am      Reply with quote
Personally I did not like Vivier for the texture, but if you like that texture then the PSF Skincare ones and also Obagi are both the same texture.

I loved the Cellex-C 17.5% but I only had the 1/2 size bottle and had trouble using it up quick enough (it was already darkening when I opened it). The JB C&C has a similar watery texture (though more sticky, but it subsides) and I did like that from the sample I had, but my favorite now is IS CLinical Super Serum. It is 15% and has the hyaluronic acid built in (better than 2-step with cellex-c) but it does not have glycerin (which I think is what I hated about PSF and Vivier). I like the texture of Super Serum too.. it has more slip and is not watery as such, but vanishes into the skin so quickly and so thoroughly.

HTH
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:03 am      Reply with quote
I like PSF 20% Vit C. I like the texture. I am experimenting with the DIY Vit C, but am not having much luck. I'll probably go back to the PSF after this.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:55 am      Reply with quote
I like the result of the DIY one, better than the skinceuticals I tried before.

It is quite simple to make and I can be sure it is fresh. The skinceuticals one turned to yellow after just 1 month..So why pay the extra $$ when you can get a fresh one made at home?
mjred

Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Tangerine,
Love the idea that we can make our own Vit. C serum. How do you make it? I'm 62 and love Vit. C products on my face and hate paying the price for a really good Vit. C serum. Thanks for any help.
Mjred
Tangerine
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi,mjred,
Welcome to the forum.

I use the same recipe as the DIY recipe from carekate(see the sticky post):

• 1/4 teaspoon of Lysorbic Acid (Vit-C) powder
• 5 ml distilled water
• 5 ml of propylene glycol

I ordered my vit-c powder and propylene glycol from the personal formulator:

http://thepersonalformulator.com/wvss/product_info.php?cPath=12&products_id=1199

I put them into a dropper bottle and it last for a 2 weeks..After 2 weeks, I think it is not fresh anymore so I just make a new one.

HTH.
mjred

Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Tangerine,
I can't thank you enough. It sounds wonderful. I'm going to order the products right away and start making it.
What great ideas on this site.
Thanks,
Mjred.
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi mjred,

Just before you actually go out to get these things, please note that there is a typo in that recipe.

For lysorbic acid ... please read l-ascorbic acid.

Now, when you get to the drug store, you'll probably find that you can't find something called "l-ascorbic acid" ... but you will find something called "ascorbic acid".

Just check with the pharmacist or the manufacturer that their ascorbic acid is, indeed, l-ascorbic acid [which is the active form of Vitamin C]

Good luck and have fun. I love making my own Vitamin C ...

Mary

Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the advise Mary. Do you know if I can get the Propylene Glycol at the drug store also. I thought I could get started a little faster that way.

Mjred.
neroliwater
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Mjred,

I don't think you can get Propylene Glycol at the drugstore. I am just too lazy so I simply mix VC powder and water without propylene glycol.

StAmourOwl at MUA has a nice notepad about all the info you need for homemade VC serum.

http://www.makeupalley.com/user/notepad/StAmourOwl/
mjred

Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:44 am      Reply with quote
neroliwater,
Very interesting site. Thanks for sending.
Tangerine
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:08 am      Reply with quote
sorry I got a typo in the recipe..from the copy/paste Laughing

I tried to use water only before but I found that a bit irritating...I think it all depends on your preference.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |