Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
::Review:: Clarisonic Face Brush
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:56 am      Reply with quote
I'm very pleased with my Clarisonic. I'm still using it on the lowest setting with the sensitive brush. For me, this little machine has done more to clean out and reduce the size of my pores than anything else I've ever used (am planning on adding BHA per Tangal's suggestions [and possibly Mandelic] to my t-zone to further help with congestion there). Like others have noted, I did not have an overnight, earth-shattering result with it, but with continued and consistent use, I think 98% of those that use it will fall in love with it, too. JMHO.
canadagal
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
How is the clarisonic brush different then the brushes they sell in the drug stores? they look exactly the same in size, colour..etc
Oakview
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:49 am      Reply with quote
I'm not sure exactly what drugstore brush you have seen so I hope this is relevant. The Clarisonic is made by the same company that makes the Sonicare toothbrushes. It is a powered brush, not manual and uses a sonic vibration type motion (not circular). You just move it inlight circular motions across the skin and let the brush do the real work. You might want to check out the website for the best info if you haven't seen it.
http://www.clarisonic.com/
pickiis
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:30 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Argh! I am *so* jealous! Even if I had no second thoughts on spending that much on a face brush (and eventually I would be able to justify this purchase Smile) there is no way I can try this due to the voltage differences. The only way to try it is to move to USA or Canada Laughing

Crying or Very sad I have the same problem too and I really wanna try it. Especially Im getting really good result with a battery-operating version. But it's not even as half powerful as clarisonic. I can get a voltage convertor too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone had trouble with broken caps? I don't use mine on my cheeks but I noticed where I use it on my chin, my caps are worse. I don't push down and only use it once a day. I am thinking of returning it as my skin may not be able to tolerate it. Does make your skin soft and takes care of flakiness.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Unfortunately, I had to return mine mainly because of broken caps. It exfoliated okay, but not great. It irritated as much as it cleaned. I've had much better results (and a more pleasant experience) with masks, scrubs, and cleansers like Fresh's rose mask, NIA24's scrub, PSF's and Carekate's pumpkin mask, Carekate's super sonic mask, and MD Formulation's glycolic cleanser.

AnnieR wrote:
Has anyone had trouble with broken caps? I don't use mine on my cheeks but I noticed where I use it on my chin, my caps are worse. I don't push down and only use it once a day. I am thinking of returning it as my skin may not be able to tolerate it. Does make your skin soft and takes care of flakiness.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:07 am      Reply with quote
That's what I am thinking. On my way back to Nordstroms now!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:11 am      Reply with quote
FYI, spalook has the Clarisonic for 10% off and free shipping so their web site says.
kitty143
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Frodo, I've been thinking of buying this after reading all the rave reviews!
Gypsy
5% products discount

Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:13 am      Reply with quote
I'm really happy with my clarisonic. Initially when I started using my clarisonic I broke out with a few cystic pimples; but that’s normal. I've had mine for 10 months and some of the benefits I've noticed are:
firmer/taut skin
exfoliating
better absorption of products
fewer blackheads

I've not had any problems with broken capillaries. Clarisonic just came out with an ultra sensitive brush (it has a light blue background, I think it’s called “delicate”) so now they have 3, which might help.

I also want to mention how wonderful the clarisonic customer service is. I’ve gone through 2 units (I kept dropping it in the shower) and clarisonic sent me a new unit both times; no questions asked. In addition, they sent me a couple of replacement heads for the inconvenience AND they recently sent me their new ultra sensitive “delicate” brush.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
A few have mentioned returning the Clarisonic if they are not happy with it. Are there only certain places that do this, or is it a guarantee from Clarisonic? I was thinking of ordering one from EDS but I like the idea of being able to return it if I don't like it.

Also, how many of you actually use the third speed. EDS sells the two speed model. I can get the 3 speed model on ebay, but wasn't sure if I would actually use it.
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
You can buy it at Nordstrom and will be able to return it any time. I don't have the third speed, and if I did, I would never use it because it's slower and I like the higher speed. It would be good for someone with really sensitive skin.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
charis wrote:
You can buy it at Nordstrom and will be able to return it any time. I don't have the third speed, and if I did, I would never use it because it's slower and I like the higher speed. It would be good for someone with really sensitive skin.

Thanks for clarifying that charis. I assumed the third speed was faster. Now if I only lived near a Nordstrom. Sad I may have to just take my chance and buy it from EDS.
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
Thanks for clarifying that charis. I assumed the third speed was faster. Now if I only lived near a Nordstrom. Sad I may have to just take my chance and buy it from EDS.

You can buy it from sephora.com if they ship to Canada (that's where you live, right?), and return it if you don't like it. They'll take back anything.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
charis wrote:

Diana, I have the 3-speed Clarisonic and the third speed IS faster. It is intended for use on the body (chest, shoulders), though I think some people may use it on their face. I personally have never used the third speed on my face, but it probably wouldn't be too bad - you'd just have to work up to it.

They now sell sensitive brush heads which are the softest ones you can get. I haven't tried them because the normal ones are just fine for my oily skin - the sensitive heads are intended for those with delicate skin.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
my sushi secret wrote:
Diana P wrote:

You can buy it from sephora.com if they ship to Canada (that's where you live, right?), and return it if you don't like it. They'll take back anything.

I was just looking at Sephora.com return policy and it says they will accept returns within 60 says but it says to "place unused item in its original packaging" for shipping back. So it doesn't look like they will accept returns on a used item that you just don't like.
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:

I was just looking at Sephora.com return policy and it says they will accept returns within 60 says but it says to "place unused item in its original packaging" for shipping back. So it doesn't look like they will accept returns on a used item that you just don't like.

Maybe online is different than in-store. I returned the Umbrian clay mask when it broke, and some mascara I didn't like...I told them they were both used, and they just credited my card.
bella77
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
i wonder whether i should spend the money on this? it sounds so good! what about for use with acne? does it spread the infection?
cahoot
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
hi bella
i've only had mine for 2 weeks, but
personally i don't find that it spreads or aggravates acne at all.
i had a very bad breakout which started about 3-4 months ago, mostly concentrated around my jaw/chin. now thanks to prescription products and clarisonic, i am clear. lots of red marks remain, so i'll have to tackle that next. now skincare-wise, i am using only retin-a and zenbiotic products (plus clarisonic) and very happy with my routine.
i'll strongly advise you to get it, even though it's quite pricey and i don't live in the us and had to buy it off e-Bay and had to get a voltage converter to use it, i definitely have no regrets!
hth! Smile
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:06 am      Reply with quote
cahoot wrote:
hi bella
i've only had mine for 2 weeks, but
personally i don't find that it spreads or aggravates acne at all.
i had a very bad breakout which started about 3-4 months ago, mostly concentrated around my jaw/chin. now thanks to prescription products and clarisonic, i am clear. lots of red marks remain, so i'll have to tackle that next. now skincare-wise, i am using only retin-a and zenbiotic products (plus clarisonic) and very happy with my routine.
i'll strongly advise you to get it, even though it's quite pricey and i don't live in the us and had to buy it off e-Bay and had to get a voltage converter to use it, i definitely have no regrets!
hth! Smile

Yay! Another Zenbiotic fan! Cahoot, which if their products do you use? I think that this line is one of the best lines you can use to unclog pores and rebalance your skin. If you use MMU, try using the Phyto Moisture to set it--- it gives such a lovely dewy finish, just like traditional foundation but better.

Also, has everyone heard about the Clarisonic recall? Only a very small percentage of models are included in the recall, but it doesn't hurt to check--- enter the number from your model here and it will tell you whether your model is part of the recall or not. (mine wasn't.)

http://www.clarisonic.com/recall

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:41 am      Reply with quote
hi liz
well actually i'm trying out zenbiotic after your rave on eds so THANK YOU!!
i'm now using the face and body cleanser, the oxytoner, the oxygen replenish and the phyto moisture. between this, clarisonic and retin-A, i'm actually feeling so much better about my skin, happier than i've been for the last 4 months! Very Happy
and i'm not even tempted by other skin care products anymore.. ok, ok, not THAT tempted, Very Happy after another month or so i'll order the foundation pack so i can try the serums too. was also looking at the c serum but it contains sulfur and i'm on retin-a so i'd better not use it, otherwise i'm a happy camper!! Laughing
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:51 am      Reply with quote
Liz,

Thanks for posting about the recall. Turns out my model is one being recalled. I've had it for a while so I actually might benefit from this. I'll get a new 2 year warantee. I wonder if the replacement will have 3 speeds (I currently have 2)???

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Ooh, I'm so excited, I just got a Clarisonic today. It is charging up even as we speak. I double-checked, and it is a post-recall model. I already went online to order my 2 free brush heads.

The only problem is that I dropped it, but it seems OK and I will try not to worry. My 24 hours will be up around 11 am tomorrow. Weeee!
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:25 am      Reply with quote
Would this help with getting rid of flakes right before I need to leave for work?

I am having the hardest time with being embarrassed by large skin flakes from peels and Retin A - it's ok if I am spending the day at home, but not when I have to go out.

Thanks!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:25 am      Reply with quote
cahoot wrote:
hi liz
well actually i'm trying out zenbiotic after your rave on eds so THANK YOU!!
i'm now using the face and body cleanser, the oxytoner, the oxygen replenish and the phyto moisture. between this, clarisonic and retin-A, i'm actually feeling so much better about my skin, happier than i've been for the last 4 months! Very Happy
and i'm not even tempted by other skin care products anymore.. ok, ok, not THAT tempted, Very Happy after another month or so i'll order the foundation pack so i can try the serums too. was also looking at the c serum but it contains sulfur and i'm on retin-a so i'd better not use it, otherwise i'm a happy camper!! Laughing

Cahoot, you are most welcome-- please keep me updated! I would also definitely recommend trying the Moisture Enrich--- if I'm a little flaky from overusing tazorac (oops!) a drop or two of the moisture enrich really helps and it doesn't clog my pores or cause break outs.

Barefoot-- I'm not sure if the Clarisonic would help you or not. One thing I've noticed when my skin is overly flaky from overusing taz is that excessive manual exoliation can sometimes make it even worse. I think you would get better results from cutting back on the retin-a while you are flaky, and using a non-comedogenic moisturizer like the Zenbiotic Moisture Enrich I mentioned above. However, I'd be interested to hear what everyone else says too. Good luck and keep us updated!

Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |