Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::Review:: Clarisonic Face Brush
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
pnw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi redhead,

I have been using mine for about one week, every morning. The things I love about it still are that it is fast and leaves my skin super clean. I can actually see the brush get dirty from all it picks up. I don't think it is gentle enough to use twice a day, though. I use the senstive brush on the lowest setting. The only thing I changed was the cleanser. Although I like the cleanser it comes with, I found that with using my retin-A gel, and then the cleansing gel with water, my skin was getting waaaay too dry. Last night, I switched back to my PSF green tea cleanser, then followed up with jojoba oil while my skin was still wet. I woke up with perfect skin. Very Happy
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
I've totally been considering getting one of these things, but I worry about bacteria build-up over time. Any thoughts?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
I usually wash mine out when I'm done using it but you also are supposed to change the heads every 3 months or so.
tularyn
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
I want one!!!!! I'm currently trying to rationalize it... I think I can afford it in a month or two.

So my question to those of you who use it: could I use this w/ my La Vitton cleanser? I'm using La Vitton Water Soluble Cleansing Oil for Oily skin currently and really like it--my skin has been clean, soft, and non-greasy (though I still have breakouts that I'm dealing with).

Or do I need a thicker more gel-y cleanser to use with it?

TIA

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
Care instruction from the manual: We recommend that the Clarisonic brush heads be repaced every 90 days.........Once a week, remove the brush head from the handle and rinse with warm soapy water to remove any residue.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:18 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to have a update from those who are using this product. Likes or dislikes! MMU gives it a 92% approval rating.

Thanks

47 yr old normal/sensitive skin
Sharkbait
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:19 am      Reply with quote
This might be the dumbest question ever, but wouldn´t consistent use of this be causing earlier wrinkling of the skin?
Sharkbait
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:43 am      Reply with quote
Oh, and for someone who has no electrical insight: Is this only for use in US/Canada? Could one use one of those convertion-type-thingies ( Embarassed )?
tularyn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:51 am      Reply with quote
I don't see why you couldn't use a converter, just like you would with any other electric device.

It would have to be an electrical converter though, not just a plug adaptor.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Ah, thanks tularyn.

Has any international members tried this?
christinab77
5% products discount

Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Would this help with extremely congested skin? Is it any better than just using a regular facial cleansing brush?

Thanks!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:15 am      Reply with quote
One more question--- has anyone who has been using this seen a reduction of those pesky blackheads?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2006 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
To anyone who's used this for a few months, have you had to change the brush every 90 days as recommended?
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 13, 2006 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
I used to have little bumps aroung / under my chin line and after using Clarisonic Brush for few weeks, it's almost 100% clear now.

I use the brush once a day, 1 min setting. After 1 min I turn on the brush again and use 20 sec along my chin line.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 5:59 am      Reply with quote
I've been using this for over a week and unfortunately I haven't noticed results. After I use it I still have to scrub the top layer of dead skin cells away. Maybe I'm using it wrong? I'll try the "regular" brush next time and report back.
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using my brush for 16 days. No change in clogged pores. I am planning to give it a full 30 days and hopefully will be seeing less blackheads.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
Used it twice, and loved the massage feeling on my face. Highly recommend it !
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
mtview wrote:
I have been using my brush for 16 days. No change in clogged pores. I am planning to give it a full 30 days and hopefully will be seeing less blackheads.

mtview, can you post an update, please? I'm curious about how you are making out. Smile
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
Oh can EDS confirms whether this can be used with a converter for international users? I wish to get one too.... Wink
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
Lolli wrote:

mtview, can you post an update, please? I'm curious about how you are making out. Smile

Hi Lolli,

I am on day 25 and pores are still clogged and blackheads remain. I am going to give it til the end of the month. Unless I see some miracles with my pores, I am going to return it Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, Mtview, that's too bad! Good thing you can return it. Has it made any improvements for you? You can't exfoliate with scrubs or chemicals, right?
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 27, 2006 4:20 am      Reply with quote
Well mine was returned. It worked ok during the day in the shower but at night it was hard to use because of the washing my sink got all wet. It really did nothing exceptional for my face although I do not have congestion or blackheads. I did get the Sheshido brush and that works just as well and I also found that my skin was getting red from the Clarisonic.
jadette
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 27, 2006 5:24 am      Reply with quote
I switched to the regular brush and am getting much better results. I no longer have that top layer of flaky skin to scrub away. I've also noticed that my OCM removes less clogged pores lately. Overall it seems to be working but I have't noticed an improvement in my pores yet. I think my skin improvement is a combination of this product plus the other items I'm using.
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 27, 2006 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
Lolli wrote:
Oh, Mtview, that's too bad! Good thing you can return it. Has it made any improvements for you? You can't exfoliate with scrubs or chemicals, right?

On good days it makes my face feels smooth, and on bad days it is sort of drying my face out Sad I am using the sensitive head once a day.

I can't exfoliate with scrubs so I have been using a baby washcloth. I do use retinoid to help exfoliate and bha on my nose only.

I am glad I can return it. I already of a list of products that I want to try with my refund Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 28, 2006 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Hi mtnview, I found that the clarisonic dried my skin out as well, when I used their gel cleanser. I finally found a routine that works for me now.

Wet skin, work in yonka gel cleanser (this is a makeup remover/cleanser with castor oil that I treat like OCM, and it foams slightly). I leave the gel on and then do the clarisonic with a wet brush. Then I steam my pores for a few seconds with a hot washcloth and use it to wipe off the remaining cleanser. I don't even have to splash rinse afterwards. HTH
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |