Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::Review:: Clarisonic Face Brush
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:48 am      Reply with quote
karenlee wrote:
I only just realised when reading another thread about hormonal acne that, since I started using the Clarisonic, I have had no acne outbreaks whatsoever.

My H also loves this - says it makes his shave 100% better, and his skin is looking better than it ever has, too.

Yeah it's definitely helped with my boyfriend's shaving too.. He used to have several ingrown hairs but it's looking a lot better now
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:13 am      Reply with quote
I just registered my Clarisonic to get the $25 coupon or whatever it is. I was looking at brushes and noticed there is a deep pore cleansing one. Has anyone tried that? I just have the sensitive one that came with my Mia. The deep pore one is supposed to be gentle. Any difference in results?
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Wow is that brush head new? I haven't seen it till now. I wonder what they mean by "dual action"
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Oh it is new! It was just released today and the "dual action" implies a counter-rotation brush

http://blog.clarisonic.com/tag/deep-pore-cleansing-brush-head/
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
I think there must be a reason it shuts off automatically. Tonight I did my face twice and noticed I have little red bumps on one of my cheeks. I put LacSal on it before the bumps came up and I think it was too irritating. Hope it goes down by tomorrow morning.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if I need to use an exfoliator even though I'm already using the Clarisonic?
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Well EDS has done it again! I have just ordered the clarisonic and cant wait for it to arrive. If I hadnt been on this site Iwould never have heard of it.I nearly got the $40 Pretika brush from NCN, but after reading this thread, and having very sensitive, allergic,milia skin I thought I had better go for something gentler!
You are such a knowledgable lot of people, thank you!
I had such a good reaction to the NCN Pumpkin peel I'm thinking with regular use with this brush my skin could be always like it was after that peel! Hope Ive got my understanding right!
However when I get it I shall let you know how I get on THanks
calendargirl288

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
This is my first post on this forum.
I just got my clarisonic today. Haven't been able to try it out yet since it has to charge for 24hrs first...
I'm concerned about what kind of cleanser should I use with it. I think that I should be more careful with what I put on my face now that it is supposed to be absorbed better and deeper thanks to Clarisonic.
Before I bought the brush I wanted to try out some Oil Cleansers (someone recommended Shu Uemura high performance balancing cleansing oil, but I cannot afford it. I wanted to buy Origins Clean Energy Cleansing Oil). Do you think that this type of formula will work well with Clarisonic or could the oil damage the brush?
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
I wouldn't recommending oil cleansing with the Clarisonic. It's nothing to do with damaging the Clarisonic, but oil cleansing works best by massaging the oil into your skin with dry hands. The clarisonic needs to be wet so it isn't too abrasive on your face. You can probably rinse off the oil by using the Clarisonic once you've massaged the oil on your face, but whether oil can damage the device, I'm not too sure. It's best if you call their customer service or ask them on their facebook page.
skinsmything
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:18 am      Reply with quote
^^^For the posts above this one...

-Oil Cleansing method can be done first, then go in with another cleanser and your Clarisonic for a second cleanse.

-Clarisonic deeply cleanses your skin, but you may still need a product for exfoliation, depending on your skin.

-Any cleanser is fine to use with the Clarisonic as long as it doesn't have any "scrub" material to it.

I recommend to my clients and do this myself...cleanse once to start to break down the products on your skin with your hands, go in for a deeper second cleanse with your Clarisonic, 1 min. only. If you're using a glycolic or salicylic wash, you need to have a second cleanser with no actives in it to do it this way.

Hope this helps!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
skinsmything wrote:

-Oil Cleansing method can be done first, then go in with another cleanser and your Clarisonic for a second cleanse.

-Clarisonic deeply cleanses your skin, but you may still need a product for exfoliation, depending on your skin.

-Any cleanser is fine to use with the Clarisonic as long as it doesn't have any "scrub" material to it.

I recommend to my clients and do this myself...cleanse once to start to break down the products on your skin with your hands, go in for a deeper second cleanse with your Clarisonic, 1 min. only. If you're using a glycolic or salicylic wash, you need to have a second cleanser with no actives in it to do it this way.

Hope this helps!

Do you suggest OCM brand that I could give a try? Money is not an issue. I think I should use OCM when when wearing heavy eye makeup, but I do have milia on eye lid crease.
skinsmything
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Do you suggest OCM brand that I could give a try? Money is not an issue. I think I should use OCM when when wearing heavy eye makeup, but I do have milia on eye lid crease.[/quote]

One that I've always really loved is Dermalogica's PreCleanse. I'm sure there are other great ones out there, too. The PreCleanse is around $36 bucks, maybe a little more.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
skinsmything wrote:

DHC is a popular one, but a lot of people just make their own so they can customize it to their skin

Hope this helps!

Do you suggest OCM brand that I could give a try? Money is not an issue. I think I should use OCM when when wearing heavy eye makeup, but I do have milia on eye lid crease.

DHC is a popular choice, but many people like to make their own so they can customize it to their skin's needs
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks again girls! Very Happy

oasisjc, you've always been very helpful.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
Thanks again girls! Very Happy

oasisjc, you've always been very helpful.

No problem Wink

You should also check out the DIY topic for a lot of recipes:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=11902

Of course, you can always just keep it simple by mixing two or more of your favourite oils as long as they are "standard" for OCM.
xzou
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
Just got my Clarisonic prof. Would it be okay to use the it around the eye area? I have some small fine lines and also have a few milia around. I hope the brush would help, but don't want to worsen the fine lines.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
xzou wrote:
Just got my Clarisonic prof. Would it be okay to use the it around the eye area? I have some small fine lines and also have a few milia around. I hope the brush would help, but don't want to worsen the fine lines.

You can, just try not to go past the orbital bone. The skin is most thin and delicate there.
xzou
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
But the corner of the eye is where milias are. Sad
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:26 am      Reply with quote
xzou wrote:
But the corner of the eye is where milias are. Sad

You can try it closer to the eye if you need to, but just be on the watch out for any signs of worsening or sensitizing of that skin. And make sure the Clarisonic doesn't flick any cleanser in your eye
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:45 am      Reply with quote
I want to give a shout out to my clarsonic that I've had now for two years.

I've been using green cream level 6 recently. I have been very busy and skipping using my clarsonic everyday like I normally do. Yesterday I caught a look in the mirror and thought? "Is that flakey dry skin on my face?" Then this morning in the shower I could feel the skin coming off as I rubbed water on my face. I quickly grabbed my trusty clarsonic.. and my face looks smooth and moist..you'd never know I was using a strong retinol.
I remember when I first bought my clarsonic, I was doing obaji nuderm..and the clarsonic took care of all that dead skin on the face that looks so ugly.
It is a great tool! I'm also glad to know my green cream is working too.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:45 am      Reply with quote
I want to give a shout out to my clarsonic that I've had now for two years.

I've been using green cream level 6 recently. I have been very busy and skipping using my clarsonic everyday like I normally do. Yesterday I caught a look in the mirror and thought? "Is that flakey dry skin on my face?" Then this morning in the shower I could feel the skin coming off as I rubbed water on my face. I quickly grabbed my trusty clarsonic.. and my face looks smooth and moist..you'd never know I was using a strong retinol.
I remember when I first bought my clarsonic, I was doing obaji nuderm..and the clarsonic took care of all that dead skin on the face that looks so ugly.
It is a great tool! I'm also glad to know my green cream is working too.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |