Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
My fake tan blues
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jadette
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:17 am      Reply with quote
I decided to try all the "glow" products everyone is raving about. I tried L'oreal first and then the Hawaiian Tropic. Unfortunately I now have itchy red bumps all over my legs Crying or Very sad . It looks like I'm destined to be pale the rest of the summer. Just a warning for gals who want to go the fake tan route, you may want to try a small area first. I never thought myself as having sensitive skin but I guess I do!
Mimi H
5% products discount

Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:28 am      Reply with quote
I like the L'oreal tanning wipes. They seem to give an even color. I also am now trying the Jergens cream both for face and body and have had no trouble with irritation. I later have to apply my body butter because the Jergens is not emolliant enough. Cool
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:27 am      Reply with quote
I'm sorry to hear that you had such a reaction. I just read somewhere, maybe on this forum, that Prescriptives Sunsheen Body Tint is a great lotion to apply for a slightly tanned-glowy appearance. I've heard that you can apply it anywhere on your body, and it won't come off--not on clothes, furniture etc...until you wash it off. I have not tried this, but it is on my list to try this spring/summer. This could be an alternative for you, if you believe that your skin is allergic to the self-tanning ingredient.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:54 am      Reply with quote
I had the same reaction to TanTowel. I can use other self tanners though...must be one ingredient in there that triggered it for me

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Nothing wrong with being pale!! I used to feel differently but I've grown to like it Wink
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
jadette wrote:
I decided to try all the "glow" products everyone is raving about. I tried L'oreal first and then the Hawaiian Tropic. Unfortunately I now have itchy red bumps all over my legs Crying or Very sad . It looks like I'm destined to be pale the rest of the summer. Just a warning for gals who want to go the fake tan route, you may want to try a small area first. I never thought myself as having sensitive skin but I guess I do!

When I was younger, I wanted to try the tan at home route. So, I tried some neutrogena product. It didn't make my legs rash or anything, but it also didn't add any color for me Sad . Now, maybe a year ago, I thought that I should give sunless tanners another shot. So, I went and got NO-AD instant sunless tanning lotion. Although it was a bit streaky on those hard to reach spots, it did give my legs a pretty good color. However, when I went to reapply it a few days later, my legs began to develope the itchy red bumps. For some reason, I thought it was mosquito bites (which couldn't be, since there were about 100 of them on my legs). My legs itched so baddly it hurt. It got to the point of me itching so badly my legs began to bleed. I had no idea what to do. After a long period of time, the bumps and pain went away. Now, about 1 week ago, I tried applying Jergens Natural Glow on my legs. It went on fine, no streakyness showed through. By the second day, my legs developed color. But, by the end of the day, they were starting to feel itchy and such (just like when I used NO-AD). Although I didn't develope the bumps with Jergens, I decided to stop applying it, or else it could get worse. After a day or two, my legs stopped being all itchy.

So as you can see, you are not the only one Crying or Very sad I don't know. I guess maybe I do have sensitive legs.
So is all the itchyness/ bumps caused by some particular ingredient? (which one)?

Jadette, the only advice I can give you is DO NOT itch/scratch! Its a very big thing to ask, I know, since it itches pretty bad. But, you don't want those bumps to start bleeding. If they do, your skin will become so raw/ sore. It was a horrible feeling for me. No one should have to go through that.

Just a bit of insight and sympathy.

-Marianna
jadette
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Marianna. I actually woke up in the middle of the night last night to apply some cortisone all over my itchy legs. They do look like little mosquito bites! yuck. I thought about using that spray stocking product for my uber pale legs so we'll see how that goes. I'll try that temporary tint as well, thanks for the tip!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |