Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
IS Clinical ProHeal/Retinol?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
I want to add retinol to my current regimen and I notice that IS Clinical ProHeal Serum contains retinol. Can I take ProHeal as a retinol product comparable to other effective retinol products (say SC .5%)? If I use ProHeal, do I need another retinol product?

TIA Razz
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
I believe the retinol in ProHeal is fairly minuscule..I think about .01%. IMHO that's not a very significant amount. I had a sample of ProHeal and really loved it for it's antioxidant properties. I currently use a retinalhyde based product and would continue to do so even if I used the ProHeal. Hope this helps!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi CK - I tried ProHeal Serum andwww.skinterra.com says it contains 1% retinol. My skin reacted the way it does to any retinoid -- I experienced some irritation and flakiness/peeling. I found it to be a bit oily, which probably isn't bad since retinol is drying. But I moved on to SC .5% Retinol, since retinol is supposed to be most potent when used alone as opposed to a blend like ProHeal, or with added layers of skincare on top.

I'd say the ProHeal could be a sufficient dose of retinol. If you have dry skin, it may be easier to tolerate than the SC, which I've stopped for now. If your skin is oily and tough, maybe SC will work for you -- it was too drying for me, especially during the winter months. I've recently switched to Avene Ystheal Emulsion for face, and Ystheal Contour Des Yeux, both which contain retinaldehyde. They're milder than the SC Retinol, but I seem to be developing a sensitivity to retinoids and can't even use them too often, either.

It all depends on your skin type and retinoid tolerance, I suppose.
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:43 pm      Reply with quote
I have combination skin and never experienced allergy/flakiness/peeling. So I suppose it's rather tough. I'm concerned about the texture of the serums. I was recommended to use Active Serum, ProHeal and Hydra Cool. Would any of these too oily for my combo skin?

I'm thinking of getting either Active or ProHeal first and ask for samples of the others. Which one would be a better start? Razz
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:13 am      Reply with quote
CK, I have used the ISC products you mentioned and I can assure you that you will not find them too oily. ProHeal probably has the oiliest texture but, on my oily skin, it absorbs fully within a minute of application with no residue.

5% products discount

Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:24 am      Reply with quote
I have just started using SC 0.5. The first time I used it my skin really peeled and stupidly I used a harsh exfoliant and my skin was terrible. Following friendly advice from the forum members, I left it for a week and then tried again, I applied it on Synday night and there has been no irritation or peeling this time. I'm sure my skin looks better too - although that may be psychological as I'm sure it wouldn't produce results that quickly!!!
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:58 am      Reply with quote
I've been checking out the reviews (older ones as well) here in the forum now and got the impression that I'd rather should try some retinol treatment, looks like common even for younger age-categories already ! Probably Skinceuticals' Retinol 0,5 - however I'm a bit afraid, as my skin doesn't like to be "overtreated" and always had problems with serums and the likes (reacts with eruptions).
My skin is not really sensitive, just doesn't like having on too many different things on the same time.
So I'd appreciate to read your various experiences with Retinol-products.
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:43 am      Reply with quote
I'm taking the advice of the forum members here too. So I started using Vit C serum about 3 months ago and now I'd like to try retinol too. I have never known any product that really improves skin condition and texture before coming to this forum. Thanks for all the reviews/advice (though maybe not addressed to me) of the members here. I didn't have much real problem with my skin except that it's so DULL and gives me an unhealthy look. Now it has improved alot and look brighter, clearer and more evenly toned. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |