Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sunscreen for the boyfriend
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ayu
5% products discount

Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:04 am      Reply with quote
So I'm trying to get my boyfriend to go on a good skin care routine, and I told him to wear sunscreen. However, he doesn't want to spend a lot of money on products and so I was wondering if anyone know of some good sunscreens that are relatively cheaper? He has acne prone skin, so I don't want anything too oily for him (even though he has dry skin).

Please let me know!

Thanks

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Ayu - I see you're in Vancouver. There are a lot of good sunscreens here. The most stable ones contain mexoryl. It's found in products made by La Roche-Posay, Vichy and Ombrelle. There are many different formulations and the prices generally range from around $18-$28(?). Unfortunately most of them leave a whitish cast to the skin and the Ombrelles which are the cheapest are also the heaviest and greasiest. LRP and Vichy are comparable so you'll have to take a look at them to see which you prefer. Smile London Drugs has the Vichy while Shoppers has both. Often there are testers available. HTH
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
How about good ol' Hawaiian Tropic? My boyfriend and I use it during the summer. It's called 15 Plus-- it's not greasy, hypoallergenic, non-comodengic, and it smells good. Besides that, there's a lot of storebrand boy face lotion with spfs now.
ayu
5% products discount

Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
hi~

yah i think vichy and lrp are both ok, but a white sheen for a guy... he might not like it Sad but i'll see what he thinks..

as for hawaian tropic, are you sure thats ok for the face? as in it won't cause break outs/ white heads etc?

thanks for the help

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
ayu wrote:

as for hawaian tropic, are you sure thats ok for the face? as in it won't cause break outs/ white heads etc?

Well, it's non-comedogenic (doesn't clog pores), so I don't think it will make him break out. My boyfriend and I are both acne prone and it doesn't break us out. There are certain products made specfically for the face, though. I always look for those keywords when buying a sunscreen-- hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
I get Kinerase Sunscreen from London Drugs. It's a spray that feels a little oily on the hands but sinks in really quickly. It doesn't cause acne and hasn't bothered my sensitive skin (and I have problems with ALL sunscreens.) The best thing about this stuff, it's cheap..

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
For the past few summers I've used Coppertone Endless Summer Ultra-Sheer sunscreen all over my face and body when I've been outside for an extended period of time. (I have other facial sunscreens for daily use).

It has never made me break out, and it is fairly sheer/dry to touch--i.e. it doesn't ever make me feel greasy.

They do make a face version (that of course is a much smaller tube and costs comparatively more), but I've never tried that b/c I didn't think it was necessary.

You can't find this version in all drugstores, but they do have it at some, and on Drugstore.com (and it's about $10 for a regular sized tube). It's the light blue/acqua colored one.

Good luck!

Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |