Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
3 good reasons why everyone should make DHCC a staple
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
(DHCC or any product with almond, really).

I was at the L'Occitane boutique last week and saw and array of almond-based beauty products, which claims to firm, tone and soften the skin. I was intrigued by this and having had great results with my homemade DHCC I decided to look up almonds on the Internet, and here's what I found:

1. Almond paste can help clear skin (don't we know this already?) People with blocked pores should find DHCC a great decongestant.

2. Almond protein lightens scars (and the skin, to an extent - so those who have a tan they want to get rid of, this is what you use. You can't go lighter than your natural colour, though, of course) and evens out your skin tone. I have yet to find a research finding that could support this, but within weeks of using DHCC my old acne scars have almost disappeared (if I was referring o just my face I'd say other products I've been using may have contributed to this, too, but I never saw the scars on my body fade so quickly).

3. Almond protein can also help firm up skin, because it is an excellent source of magnesium, antioxidant vitamin E, riboflavin, phosphorus and copper which enhance collagen synthesis.

Just dont ask me whch exact page I got the info from, we had a power failure before I could bookmark the pages. If it helps, though, I simply used Yahoo, MSN and Google search engines.

Just thought you'd all find that interesting. Smile

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
tularyn
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much pumpingmummy!

This makes me want to start using my DHCC again... gosh, with so many great products out there, what's a girl to do?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:17 am      Reply with quote
So I have been using the homemade Dr H CC for months now and before I would have probably taken these claims with a pinch of salt but it is interesting you should mention these, especially point 2 about how almond paste can lighten the skin.
Recently I was at the MAC counter looking at the face powders and when the MA came to assist, she pointed out that what I had in my hand was way too dark!! I have dropped down about 2 shades!! Shock
When I got home I realised that half my powders are too dark, now I know it has been a miserable winter here in the UK with no sun but I have never before been this light skinned so I wonder if it is down to the almonds!! Think

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:37 am      Reply with quote
I have been using DHCC for about two and a half weeks now. Had some minor breakout, on my cheek and forehead, but they are going away now. Also I notice that is dosen't get everything but combined with my OCM my blackheads are 95 percent gone. What I love about this is how radiant my face looks after I use it. I love love love this stuff.
akpoola
5% products discount

Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
pumpingmummy and rosebud - which homemade DHCC recipe did you use? also, did you buy any l'occitane products for your body, or use only the homemade? excited to get working on the acne scars, and hopefully without spending too much. thanks!
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
So I have been using the homemade Dr H CC for months now and before I would have probably taken these claims with a pinch of salt but it is interesting you should mention these, especially point 2 about how almond paste can lighten the skin.
Recently I was at the MAC counter looking at the face powders and when the MA came to assist, she pointed out that what I had in my hand was way too dark!! I have dropped down about 2 shades!! Shock
When I got home I realised that half my powders are too dark, now I know it has been a miserable winter here in the UK with no sun but I have never before been this light skinned so I wonder if it is down to the almonds!! Think

That's happened to me, too! At my last visit to the BB counter I was told I should wear Honey, when only three months ago I was told (by the same person) to wear Golden, and now even Honey is too dark for me! That is two shades lighter!

Something else that confirms this is the fact that all my lipsticks have a different shade when put on, and a colour that looked bad on me before now looks great. Cool

This has to be the almonds, because I've stopped using my Vit C serum, which can also give you radiance (since the chrystals have oxydised I could be bothered with buying more).

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
akpoola wrote:
pumpingmummy and rosebud - which homemade DHCC recipe did you use? also, did you buy any l'occitane products for your body, or use only the homemade? excited to get working on the acne scars, and hopefully without spending too much. thanks!

I used Carrie's (the original, with almond meal made from scratch).

Yup I also use L'Occitanne Shea Milk Bath Cream at the moment. I have used and liked many of the Body Shop's ahower gels, too.

You know you can use DHCC on the body as a scrub, too - I do that sometimes. Smile

pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
pumpingmummy wrote:
This has to be the almonds, because I've stopped using my Vit C serum, which can also give you radiance (since the chrystals have oxydised I could be bothered with buying more).

I meant 'couldn't'. Where TH is the edit button?

pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
pumpingmummy wrote:
rosebud wrote:

...I have dropped down about 2 shades!! Shock ...now I know it has been a miserable winter here in the UK with no sun but I have never before been this light skinned so I wonder if it is down to the almonds!! Think

That's happened to me, too! At my last visit to the BB counter I was told I should wear Honey, when only three months ago I was told (by the same person) to wear Golden, and now even Honey is too dark for me! That is two shades lighter!...

Yup and we don't even have winter here - hot sun all year round.

Where oh where did the edit button go? hmm

Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
that edit button comes and goes...without spell check available, I really need that edit button too!!!

Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:19 am      Reply with quote
The edit button is available for 5mins after you make your post. I'll see if we can extend it a bit longer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
I so miss the edit button. Sad
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, my mistake, because I started it. But um, could we go back to the topic? Rolling Eyes Laughing

TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Pumping Mummy-

Hi! Can you please post Carrie's recipe for homemade DHCC? How long had you used it before you noticed your skin was lighter?

I too wear BB's Honey, but would like to get to my natural shade.

Thanks!

T
marmur1
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi T,

Here's a link to Carekate's recipe:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5981&start=3

Hope that helps! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Awesome! Thanks!
red_butterfly

Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:34 am      Reply with quote
thanks for your tip, pumpingmummy. i've been putting on hold making my own DIY DHCC. i'll definitely make it today! i'm excited to see the results Smile [/img]
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:08 am      Reply with quote
Pumping mummy-

How long had you used DHCC before you noticed your skin was lighter?

Thanks.

T
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Another question for those who might know - do you think products containing almond oil will have the same effect, or do the goodies only come from the actual ground almond bits in the DHCC?
Gayle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
fifi wrote:
Another question for those who might know - do you think products containing almond oil will have the same effect, or do the goodies only come from the actual ground almond bits in the DHCC?

I'm wondering that too, as I love and use pure almond oil all the time. Smile
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
Oops, nevermind. It looks like you used it for three months. I missed that at first.

T
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
TooInvolved: Sorry for the late reply - been away at my mum's, and I can't get online at her place.

I honestly don't remember when I started with DHCC - but I know it's been months for sure. On and off, and finally on again for the last five weeks. I noticed my acne scars lightening after about 3 weeks of continuous use. I never really saw my skin lightening until my sister, who's very fair, and I stood side by side in front of the mirror and we both noticed how I'd got much 'brighter' - probably about just one shade diff when it used to be three!

The thing is I tan easily (even with sunscreen)but now I know to use DHCC to return to my 'real' skin tone! Smile

fifi and Gayle: I suspect that as long as there is almond proteins, you'd get a similar effect. What effects have you noticed with using almond oil all the time?[/i]

Gayle
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:05 am      Reply with quote
pumpingmummy wrote:
TooInvolved: Sorry for the late reply - been away at my mum's, and I can't get online at her place.

I honestly don't remember when I started with DHCC - but I know it's been months for sure. On and off, and finally on again for the last five weeks. I noticed my acne scars lightening after about 3 weeks of continuous use. I never really saw my skin lightening until my sister, who's very fair, and I stood side by side in front of the mirror and we both noticed how I'd got much 'brighter' - probably about just one shade diff when it used to be three!

The thing is I tan easily (even with sunscreen)but now I know to use DHCC to return to my 'real' skin tone! Smile

fifi and Gayle: I suspect that as long as there is almond proteins, you'd get a similar effect. What effects have you noticed with using almond oil all the time?[/i]

I've used on damp skin after a shower, on my face as a soother after doing a glycolic peel, dry heels, etc. I've even used it for vaginal dryness from time to time (menopausal) externally, of course. The nice thing is that it does not leave me feeling greasy. It is not something I've been using every day though.
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Pumping mummy-

No prob. Few more Qs: How often do you use it? Every day? How long do you leave it on? And I'm totally clear on how it's applied. You press and roll it on? Someone said it's like when you get fingerprinted?

And do you think instead of using Vitamin C powder in the DHCC, I could grind up Vitamin C pills I already have? Would that work?

Thanks much.

T
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:14 am      Reply with quote
I think it might be time to try the DHCC! I've always been a bit put off as it sounded kind of messy to use, but I need to do something to clear out my congested pores anyway, and if there is any lightening it would be a bonus (I have quite a bit of hyperpigmentation on my face from the sun - not really looking for any serious lightening, would basically just like to be able to get my face back to it's natural colour Laughing).
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |