Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Product Review: RAVE! Guerlain Divinora Liplift
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
I bought this 2 days ago and love it.

Its a base for your lipstick. You apply it before lipliner or lipstick, smudge out the edges a bit, and apply as you usually would. There is a slight colour to it, but its hardly noticeable.

When you first apply it, your lips feel thicker, and a little bit tacky - but not sticky. After applying lipstick or even lip gloss, it will hold the colour and shine for a good 5 hours before you need to re-apply (I'm sure this varies from person to person!). Your lips don't feel sticky, but very moisturized. Even if you don't re-apply lipstick, by the end of the day, you'll still have a nice stain on your lips.

There is also SPF 6 in this product. I bought this for $36 CDN at Shopper Drug Mart. I love this product and def. would repurchase even though it is a little pricey!

It comes in a very chic looking gold tube.

Hope that helps someone Very Happy
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
Yes I would have to also say this is a great product, but I'm generally a big fan of Guerlain products Very Happy This is definitely the best pre-lipstick/gloss primer I have ever used, it makes my lips sooo soft, smooth & full...it also doesn't change the colour of your lipstick or gloss at all. But yes it is quite pricey for such a small product Confused
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:14 am      Reply with quote
Oooh, my local Sephora store just added Guerlain to the products available locally (Guerlain was always available via their website) so I think I’ll have to check this out – y’all know I can’t resist any new lip-related product!! Confused Good thing I have a bagful of items I need to return/exchange at Sephora anyway, since payday is still a week away! Very Happy I’ve heard that Guerlain mascaras are really nice too....

Hey, do you think this product could be worn on it’s own? I know that isn’t its purpose and would be wasteful, but basically I guess I want to know if it feels good (moisturizing) on the lips and/or if it has any “slip” (i.e.: when you rub your lips together, do they glide or do they kind of rub or drag). In other words, how does it feel?! I absolutely refuse to wear anything on my lips unless it has “slip.”

TIA!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Carekate, its not a clear - the colour in the tube is flesh colour, like a concealer. It doesn't show up on your lips like concealer, but it does show up a little bit. I think given the right skin tone, you could wear it on its own. I myself wouldn't as it washes me out.

The consistency isn't like a gloss, so there isn't much slip to it. It is very moisturizing to the lips and I guess...it would rub. If you had a lip colour or gloss over, it would slip Very Happy (duh!)

HTH!
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
This looks great, another item added to my LOOONG list of products , lol!
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 07, 2006 9:11 am      Reply with quote
I love it, too. It is a very good product.
adropoflavender

Tue May 09, 2006 4:34 am      Reply with quote
I have been using this product for a week and can highly recommend it too! I went in to my local Guerlain outfit to buy a lipgloss and came out with Liplift too...I think I have a highly suggestible personality - once a product is suggested I seem to suddenly 'need' it Wink .

I was told by the SA that the product slightly fills in the little lines you can develop on your lippies when dry etc. It feels superb, a little moisturising but certainly not slippery or tacky. Comfortable is a good work to describe the feeling.

The only thing that I have had to do differently is to make sure that my lip liners are sharp or else they don't apply quite so well. All lip sticks and glosses I have tried go on like a dream and stay there! Smile
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 5:11 am      Reply with quote
Out of curiosity, does anyone who uses the Guerlain LipLift also or ever used a reversible lip liner before? If yes, which product works better at keeping the lipstick/gloss from migrating outside your natural lip-line/contour?

TIA!

Thu May 11, 2006 2:52 am      Reply with quote
Sorry if I sound silly...but what is a reversible lip liner? Embarassed
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 3:20 am      Reply with quote
adropoflavender wrote:
Sorry if I sound silly...but what is a reversible lip liner? Embarassed
It's either a flesh colored lip liner (i.e.: Cargo Reverse LipLiner) or an completely clear/invisible lipliner (Duwop Reverse Lip Liner) that is used to make an invisible barrier around the perimeter of the lips to stop lip gloss (the reason it was originally created) or lipstick from migrating off or outside your lips. I discussed them in more detail in the product review I posted regarding the NARS Orgasm LipGloss (just search the forum using "Orgasm" and "CareKate" as the keywords) if you want more info.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
Carekate could you please post the link to your Nars review.. my search skills have atrophied I think.. or for some strange reason EDS has been acting strange lately and not returning threads that I KNOW exist.. Embarassed
Mabsy

Fri May 12, 2006 3:13 am      Reply with quote
miranets wrote:
Carekate could you please post the link to your Nars review.. my search skills have atrophied I think.. or for some strange reason EDS has been acting strange lately and not returning threads that I KNOW exist.. Embarassed

On Carrie's behalf, here you go: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=4957

Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 13, 2006 1:42 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for that Mabsy Smile
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 2:12 am      Reply with quote
carrie,

i haven't tried a reverse liner, but there's a reviewer on MUA that has tried both: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=62066/Guerlain_Lip_Lift/Guerlain/Lip_Treatments/

also, highly recommend the Cupidon lip liner. a silly product, but highly addicting. it's only used on the cupid's bow and, while certainly not necessary, it adds a certain sexiness to the lip, just makes them more inviting Wink
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 12:10 am      Reply with quote
Guess I am heading back to the Guerlain counter (under protest) on my next day out shopping.

This stuff is a bit expensvie here in Japan (around US$32 vs $27 on Sephora), but sounds like it is just the ticket for what I want. I bought two of the new Kiss Kiss Maxi-Shine lip sticks, but I would like something underneath to "hold" them better.

Well, maybe if I go back some soon they might be generous with samples seeing as we had a "misunderstanding" (ggggrrrrr)... I was debating over 3 colors of the kiss kiss and the SA goes "oh, at the moment if you buy two you get this nice pouch" (which was very nice), so I ended up buying two of them... when I got home and opened the bag there was no pouch. I called the store and got a different SA who then informed me that the pouch was only if you bought two of the limited edition Kiss Kiss colors (sweet kiss collection). I was REALLY PO'd because I would have settled on one lippy had it not been for the pouch. The SA dealing with me was obviously the one confused as the 3 colors I looked at were not even from the LE collection.

Phew. that feels better, I have been wanting to get that rant off my chest since last Saturday Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 12:39 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
Phew. that feels better, I have been wanting to get that rant off my chest since last Saturday Laughing

Laughing i expect you to come back with the pouch and a hefty sampling of some more eye cream! Very Happy
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 21, 2006 8:44 am      Reply with quote
oh I caved and went to the Guerlain counter today... bought the liplift and came away with samples of the new Success Model mask and also more of the new Success Model smoothing lotion... I came close to caving on the eyecream (they have a GWP at the moment for the Success Model 1/3 oz day and night cream and 50ml smoothing lotion)

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 21, 2006 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
Wow tiger_time the Guerlain SA's certainly seem to be a lot more generous with samples where you live than where I am! Sad I recently went on a shopping spree and bought a compact foundation, plus 2 of the Maxi-Shine lipsticks & a KissKiss gloss Embarassed But I didn't get a single freebie, except for a very squashed sachet of SOS Cream & that was only when I spent half-an-hour explaining to the SA that my skin is extremelly sensitive & I really want to try more of their skincare products because I their make-up so much. Not to mention she had several drawers full of samples just sitting there Mad
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 21, 2006 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
OK, now THAT is really rough. I guess in Japan they are pretty good. Well some brands are better than others. The big brands seem to be really good.

I also scored a sample bottle of Dr. Weil's Plantidote serum at the Origins counter yesterday (theya re also generous with samples). Even La Mer used to give you something (usually a little tub of the cream if they had nothing else on hand)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
I got this a few days ago, along with the Maxi Shine lipstick in Natural Shine.

I have naturally reddish pigmented lips, so most sheers would be ruined. The liplift is a great product to enhance the existing shade of the lipstick!!!

But gotta say, have to keep the puckers well exfoliated or else you get those annoying little piles of dead skin.
lonevoice
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
miranets wrote:
But gotta say, have to keep the puckers well exfoliated or else you get those annoying little piles of dead skin.

I love Guerlain's LipLift. As far as the little flakies of dead skin? I find that if I use LipFusionXL at night I don't have the flakie problem with any of my other lip cosmetic products.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:31 am      Reply with quote
miranets wrote:
Speaking of which, I just posted an updated recipe for a homemade lip scrub in the DIY thread.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
After reading the wonderful things about Guerlain's liplift I decided I absoulutely MUST have this! Laughing Anyway, just wanted to check with you (la vie, puglove, safire, anyone?) to ask if there's a diff between the Divinora Liplift (has SPF 6 and Sephora calls it "hydrating primer" and the Kisskiss Liplift which Sephora calls a "lip color primer, base treatment stick" ???
Which one do I go for?? I'm pretty much a gloss wearer ~ don't know if that matters. But I do need to add some lipsticks back into the mix.

Thanks for any input on which Liplift to get!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Amyalex wrote:
After reading the wonderful things about Guerlain's liplift I decided I absoulutely MUST have this! Laughing Anyway, just wanted to check with you (la vie, puglove, safire, anyone?) to ask if there's a diff between the Divinora Liplift (has SPF 6 and Sephora calls it "hydrating primer" and the Kisskiss Liplift which Sephora calls a "lip color primer, base treatment stick" ???
Which one do I go for?? I'm pretty much a gloss wearer ~ don't know if that matters. But I do need to add some lipsticks back into the mix.

Thanks for any input on which Liplift to get!

It looks like the KissKiss LipLift has additional ingredients in it that are alleged to make your lips look plumper:

Kiss Kiss Liplift
What it is:
----------------
A lip color primer, base treatment stick.

What it is formulated to do:
----------------
An indispensable match for your lipstick, the first smoothing base in stick form that defines, smoothes, and plumps the lips, leaving them perfectly prepared for lasting lipstick hold. The new formula includes micro beads that expands as soon as they are in contact with the natural moisture of your lips adding volume and contour.

Source: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P190247&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=1132

In addition, it LOOKS (based on product pix on Sephora's website) like the Divinora LipLift is flesh-colored (sort of like the Cargo Invisible LipLiner) while the KissKiss version appears to be white or possibly transparent (like the DuWop Invisible Lip Liner).

My personal take on this is that the new LipLift is a gimmick trying to capitalize on the new trend of lipsticks that are supposed to make your lips look bigger in volume because they allegedly contain collagen "microspheres" which all supposed to expand when they come in contact with the natural moisture in your lips.

The reason I call this a gimmick is because A) I've fallen for nearly every lip plumping product or claim known to womankind, only to be disappointed because B) I now know (because of my own experiments making lip sticks and/or tinted balms) that there is no way that a product that sits on the surface of your lips is going to be able to penetrate into the lip tissue to "bind" with the lips own moisture to make them plumper -- it just can't happen with a product that contains wax because that wax creates a barrier through which nothing (including beneficial ingredients) can penetrate!

Having said that, my personal opinion is that you should base your decision on which LipLift version to buy on whether or not the flesh-colored Divinora would work better with your coloring or if you would be better of with the white/transparent version.

I can tell you from past-experience with the Divinora LipLift, that it's flesh-color neutralizes your own lip's pigmentation so that the true color of your lipstick or gloss will be evident and the color won't be altered by your own pigmentation. I'm guessing that the KissKiss version lets your own natural lip color shine through so that could affect how your lipstick or gloss color appears on you.

HTH,
Carrie

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
OK, gonna have to head to the counter to check out the KissKiss liplift (especially since my mum stole my Divanora one!)

Carrie, all the KissKiss lipsticks are supposed to be "plumping", so I guess it follows that they would claim the primer to be so too. I have to say, when I wear KissKiss everyday, my lips do look fuller, but I always put it down to the color and light reflections from the slight shimmer in them. Laughing

Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |