Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Make up/skin care items you have A LOT of
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:07 am      Reply with quote
I know if this thread doesn't belong here it shall be removed...

I'm curious what things you all have an obsession (or close enough) for and tend to 'collect' most (I know a few members here just have to have like a million lipbalms Shock yeah and I'm getting there, too. Rolling Eyes You're right, Sarahb, they should stop it with the lip balm reviews! Laughing ).

I have a thing for handcreams and lotions, and have them everywhere: in the kitchen, my car, my office, basically one or two tubes/jars/bottles all over the place. I also find that I have bottles and bottles of shower creams and gels.

So what do you keep buying even when you don't run out? (samples don't count, I'm referring to actual purchases). Please, indulge my passion for trivia... Bad Grin

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:38 am      Reply with quote
I seem to have aquired far too much make-up Embarassed , if I think I need something then I somehow end up with tons of it!!
I love to have lots of skincare samples to play with Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:49 am      Reply with quote
Trying to remember them all...LOL I am a product freak...

Lotion freak here too.. I have all types all over the hosue and in my purse and car...

Makeup.. I LOVE makeup.. All of it.. I have more lipsticks, eyeshadows, blushes, lip liners, etc, than any one person should have.. I could do a makeover on every woman in a small country and still have left overs I think!

False eyelashes.. I've worn them every day for years.. I ahve so many different styles, because I see one and have to try it.. Or because I may have a reason to wear them at some point {the ones with the bling on them}

Skin care items too.. I had to make a list of what I layer on in the AM and PM.. I have all different kinds of serums and oils, to go with my RAm and lpha Hydrox...

Lip plumpers.. OY! I don't even want to count them... I have settled on the HA pills, Lip Injection Extreme and the Walgreens Lip Enhancer, for now.. Those are working out well for me... But I'm waiting for the free one offered to the EDS members...

Nail polish, altho I have gotten so much better at that.. I have gone from 3 containers, over flowing in my fridge, to just one, again, for now.. Had to pitch the old ones...

I know there's more, but I am totally embarrassed now, just seeing this in type.. It's time to stop...LOL
Ziggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:30 am      Reply with quote
For me, I have to say lipgloss and mascara. I don't think I'm at the point where I have an * spam alert *,(yet) lol, but it's what I never can get enough of.

I think it's the thought perfect, long volumnious lashes and soft plump shiny lips to match that intreages me...

Yeah, and "Operation Perfect Fake Tan" of course Very Happy
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:37 am      Reply with quote
Eye creams / serums! I'm obsessed with the state of my eye area, always on the lookout for the next potential miracle Laughing . Hardly own any makeup though, don't wear it very often these days.
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:02 am      Reply with quote
fifi wrote:
Eye creams / serums! I'm obsessed with the state of my eye area, always on the lookout for the next potential miracle Laughing ...

Yeah come to think of it I've got several jars/tubes of them, too! What has come close enough to be your fav?

BTW My God, Kiki, that's a whole lotta stuff! Shock

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:29 am      Reply with quote
Like Ziggy, my house also resembles a centre for the study of fake tans. They're blummin' everywhere!
pustekuchen
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:02 am      Reply with quote
i'm getting better.

i have funny/sensitive skin so i often end up buying stuff and then realising that it bothers my skin.

first, i've gotten better about bringing back stuff that gives me a rash Rolling Eyes which is something i NEVER used to do (well, once--but that was really bad)

second, i realised that my roommate is a repressed product junkie, she'll try and wants to try everything! but won't buy it. so now i "donate" stuff i can't use to her :

i have a lot of nail polish, but i need to go through it because most of it needs to be junked.

i end up with a lot of body creams/lotions because i have dry, excema prone skin, so i'm always trying the next best thing.

i had a backlog of shampoo (i get excema in my scalp) for awhile, between a medicated, a pine tar, a tea tree and a daily use, plus a few i had bought but couldn't use... well, i gave the few to the roommates and self imposed a moritorium on shampoo buying. i'm now down to one tar based and a regular \m/
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:23 am      Reply with quote
Right now it's Decleor (Total Lift and Hydrotenseur) - nice and light, quite moisturising although not really working any miracles. I also have some half-used MD Forte and Skinceuticals stuff I should go back and test out properly though, I probably didn't use them for long enough to really see any results before moving on last time.

Next on my list though has to be the Juvedical eye serum, I've seen quite a few raves about this now Drool .
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:44 am      Reply with quote
Hand creams plain and simple.

1 in the car, 3 in the bathroom (2 are almost empty--YEAH I get to buy more) Very Happy and 4 in the kitchen (can I count that 1 of those is s/s but I use it on my hands?) I've gotten really good at not buying EXCESS body lotions--for years that was my down fall.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:45 am      Reply with quote
I have an entire basket full of foundations...mineral,liquid,compact,drugstore,department store....too MANY! It is beyond an obsession...its a sickness! I also have tons facial cleansers...I'm always looking for the perfect one....still havent found it so I have about 30...no kidding...30 cleansers sitting around my sink....of coarse I have to buy the matching moisturizer too so there are about 20 of those around my sink. My husband wont even go in my bathroom anymore!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Lip balm-Yes, I am addicted to lip balm as well. Every room, upstairs and down, my car, purse, my robes, and I apply it every half hour I'm sure.
Samples-I collect all the samples to give away to friends if I can't use it or am allergic to. Have tons of Decleor I am passing on because I can't use them.
Lip Gloss-every type of sheer, cotton-candy pink. Some have worked and some not. Just keep stashing.
ErinChristine
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:36 am      Reply with quote
I have waaay too much of everything! I really need to stop buying all the cheap stuff(it really adds up!) and just buy the quality products to use. It would probably be cheaper for me to just do that! Very Happy
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:00 am      Reply with quote
For me, it is foundations - mineral powder, liquid, liquid-to-powder -- ones with built in primers...firmers....light reflectors(sigh...) it is ridiculous - I've bought it all!!!!!
Embarassed Pudoodles
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:13 am      Reply with quote
Jurlique! You name it, I've got it! Why anyone would want EVERY cleanser in the range is beyond me, but yes, I've got them! My entire bathroom is dedicated to Jurlique.

I simply cannot live without Liz Earle cleanse and polish and I always have at least 2-3 in reserve and my drawers are full of makeup... umm... that's my cupboard drawers by the way, not my knickers! Wink
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Nail lacquer, how could I forget the nail lacquer! I have over 50 OPI's in my bedside cabinet and 30 in the fridge! They last longer if you keep them in the fridge.
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:51 am      Reply with quote
Oh man, you ladies are my sisters! Smile

My current obsessions are as follows:

Foundation: I went on a real mineral kick but lately it's been liquids, I've tried almost every drugstore foundation in the last 6 months or so. I have so many that didn't work I really need to just through them away. $250 + worth it's hard to just chuck! Not to mention the highend ones! They are easier to get rid of though if they don't work out I can trade them at MUA.

Lip Balm: I've found one I like and am now stockpiling them. Rolling Eyes

Shampoo and conditioner: I need a gentle shampoo that will cleanse my hair but not irritate my scalp (psoriasis) and a conditioner that I can use on my scalp without ingredients that make me flare up - sls/sles, proteins and fragrance. In the shower I currently have 4 shampoos and conditioners each. Jasons, Druide, Pureology, Paula's Choice, Burt's Bees, California Baby, hm, I think that's 6 each, it's a wonder we can move in the shower.

Bronzers: In search of the elusive perfect shade. Smile I have a dozen, I only use a couple though.
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:56 am      Reply with quote
How could I forget my search for the perfect Aha/bha exfoliant?? Gentle but effective, I have Diana Yvonne, Pure Deming, Avon, PC, Avene Diacneal, hm, probably more. I have found my fav and discovered ahas are probably not for me.
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Lipstick & Lip Gloss. I haven't counted but I bet I have more than 50 tubes. In fact, sometimes I buy a color I already have without realizing it. Most only get used a handful of times....except a few which are my favorites.

Lori

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Facial cleansers and masks, I think I have about 30 masks that I've only used a couple of times. I keep searching for the perfect cleanser, I probably have about 15-20 almost full sized cleansers in my cabinet...

Lip gloss, they are everywhere, 20-30 i my bathroom cabinet, 10 in my purse, 5 in my car and 6-7 on my kitchen counter (mostly juicy tubes). Worst part is i NEVER use lip gloss!!!

Eye shadows. I LOVE eye shadows. I actually have ALL of Chanel's palettes (the ones with 4 shadows in them), and now my collection of MAC, Laura Mercier, Nars and Guerlain shadows is getting larger as well.

And finally, Dermalogica products. I think I've tried every single product that suits my skin type. I only use a couple of them though...
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:23 am      Reply with quote
What the heck, I've already admitted my, ummmm, problem... If there's a 12 step program out there, I DON'T want it... Laughing

Reading the posts, more and more have come to mind.. The perfect faux tan, and I'm now on a mission to try out new MMU's... I thought I had found that with BM, but maybe not!

I do make sure when I buy anything that it can be returned if I have a reaction to it.. Specially with items that go around my eyes.. I just retruned Mr. Frosty, from Benefit, as I had an allergic reaction.. Thankfully, the Oh La Lift hasn't bothered me.. I LOVE that stuff...

I really need to not read this thread anymore, or just keep my fingers off the reply button!
jlrobatzek
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:23 am      Reply with quote
I'm overrun with the stuff you get during bonus days at the department stores. Under the sink in my powder room is full of nothing but the lipsticks and lotions you get when you purchase something. I don't even open them, I figure someday I'll use them. I must have had 50 trial size tubes of moisturizers I knew I would never use on my face. I started using them as hand cream and body lotion just to get rid of them.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Exclamation I used to think I was pretty bad with collecting stuff, but now I realize I'm an amateur! I tend to buy a lot of bath and body stuff, shower gel, lotions, anything that smells yummy. I also tend to buy shampoos and then not use them because they're just not right. I try to give what I know I don't want away to my mom or my sister. When it comes to makeup, and I notice my little blue makeup organizer is getting too full, I'll just go through and throw out what I never use or what's old. It's refreshing to purge (and then I don't feel guilty about buying more stuff!).
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:53 am      Reply with quote
My obsessions are:

Lip Glosses & Plumpers - It is ridiculous! I probably have 7 different plumpers...and I just ordered the freebie from Janson Beckett. Shock As for glosses, I almost can't walk into a Walgreens without buying something. And God forbid it's slow at work, because then I begin to hear the siren song of Ebay...where I have found WAY too many higher-end glosses that I am too lazy to drive to the Sephora for!

Eye Serums/Treatments - This is a budding obsession. I don't have near the stash of "eye stuff" that I do of lip glosses, but I confess to a preoccupation with that area! I had a cosmetic lift 2 years ago with wonderful results and I am a freak about keeping up what my surgeon created! The PSF Phyto-Lift Gel is my favorite, but I'm starting to consider Vitamin C for that area, too...and HA..and...and... Laughing

Lash Conditioners - I bought the Ardell, DreamLash and DHC Lash Tonic...but was somehow able to restrain myself from getting the Lucia as well. But even though I have these three, don't think for a minute I won't be ready and willing to shell out whatever $$ carekate wants for her amazing lash potion! Laughing

Fun post!

Mary
Harmonster
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:19 am      Reply with quote
I won't get into my total number, but I typically have 6-8 lipstick products on me at any one point in time.

I usually only use my CoCoCare lip balm. lol.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |