Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Things I wish I hadn't done to my skin during my youth
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Maura L.
5% products discount

Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:46 am      Reply with quote
1) Worked as a sailing instructor for three consecutive summers, only using sunblock when I felt a burn coming on

2) Visited tanning salons before every major dance in high school, continuing that trend sporadically through college

3) Smoked cigarettes for 8 years

4) Refused to exercise restraint in fiddling with/popping my zits

5) Used those super abrasive Stridex pads to treat my oily skin

Ah, the mistakes we make in our youth. Rolling Eyes

Please join in!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:13 am      Reply with quote
No sunscreen at all during youth-Every time my mom reminds me to have my skin checked for cancer (which hubby & I do once a year) I remind HER that she should have put sunscreen on me and I wouldn't have to be worrying so much about it.

Not doing any exercise-Working my butt off (literally) now to make up for it after my hysterctomy a few years ago and the pounds started to creep on.

Not eating healthy-Way too much fried food. I am now trying to consume small gardens and raid aquariums to make up for it.
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:59 am      Reply with quote
smoked cigarettes, popped pimples(still doing it now sometimes), did not use proper skincare.
Maura L.
5% products discount

Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:12 am      Reply with quote
roadtonowhere wrote:
popped pimples(still doing it now sometimes),

Yeah who am I kidding, I still do that now, too! Laughing It's impossible to resist.
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Excessive tanning EVERY summer in high school and college.

lori

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:36 am      Reply with quote
I grew up in Southern California, so the tanning thing was HUGE in high school. Thankfully, I stopped in my early 20s and my almost-40 skin seems to have recovered well (thank you EDS!!)

AnnieR, I am cracking up at your "consuming small gardens and raiding aquariums" to make up for your early eating habits! Laughing I, too, must confess to a pretty hefty intake of fried foods back in the day. Still love the stuff and wish I didn't!

Mary Smile
Janis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:59 am      Reply with quote
I'm just on that curve now, at age 25, where I'm finally fully acknowledging I have to be in this body til I die and I need to take very good care of it. About two years ago I was still tanning and eating McDonald's. I have a lot of regrets. But now I'm eating fruits/veggies and acting like the sun is a deadly poison. I have to say, it was more fun before, but I feel better both physically and mentally now.
Janis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to add that I've actually discovered the JOYS of eating healthy. At first, giving up my french fries and cookies and all that was tough (and I won't lie and say I don't indulge occasionally), but I've actually come to really enjoy eating things like cauliflower, tofu, berries. I pay more attention the way food makes me feel, and the reactions I have to it. Bottom line, McDonald's makes you feel like crap, vegetables do not.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:05 am      Reply with quote
1. Smoked for 9 years
2. No sunscreen
3. Squeezed black heads on my nose and got broken capillaries.
4. Squeezed pimples and scars turn into DARK SPOTS
5. Weight yo-yo

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:06 am      Reply with quote
I hear ya, Janis! Actually, I do like healthy stuff as well...veggies, grains, etc. and I do eat pretty well now for the most part (certainly better than my teenage days!). And it's true...you just feel better when you put better stuff in your body!

That said, I still wish I could be one of those people who abhors the taste of french fries...but no such luck! Laughing

Mary
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
It's weird, but now on those rare times when I eat something greasy or fried I feel queasy and have an upset stomach! It's what you get used to I guess.
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR, I have a good friend that's just like you with eating. She totally changed her diet to all healthy stuff, and now she gets nauseous whenever she eats fast food! Not sure whether it's good or bad, but I tend to have an "iron gut" and not too much upsets my stomach (including the really nasty stuff, like McDonalds). So, I guess that plain old will power will have to keep me away from the fries... Laughing

Mary
Bee
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
Pop!

Pop!

Pop!

Also, substituting alcoholic beverages for water for about ten straight years!

-- Bee
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Janis wrote:
I'm just on that curve now, at age 25, where I'm finally fully acknowledging I have to be in this body til I die and I need to take very good care of it. About two years ago I was still tanning and eating McDonald's. I have a lot of regrets. But now I'm eating fruits/veggies and acting like the sun is a deadly poison. I have to say, it was more fun before, but I feel better both physically and mentally now.

Right there with ya! But I don't really regret my old habits b/c it is a part of being young and "carefree". Wink

It would have been nice if I had worn sunscreen on the cloudy days during my outdoor athletics years in HS and college.

I guess the one thing I regret is messing with my face so much... There's just some zits that need to be left alone! (For instance, those cystic ones).

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
No sunscreen during my mis-spent youth. In fact I once participated in a "who can tan the darkest?" contest during a school trip to the Bahamas. Stupid, stupid, stupid! Mad
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:15 am      Reply with quote
Layed on the beach to deliberately tan all over including my face, not once but countless times with no sunscreen. Just had to have that healthy tan!! I now quite often look at the lovely smooth wrinkle free skin on my bum and remember that was the only area that I did not stick in the sun.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:24 am      Reply with quote
More than anything, it would have to be all those years thinking I looked better with a "healthy" tan Embarassed . If only we'd known back then what we know now!
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:31 am      Reply with quote
Plopping down on the beach and sleeping the day away after a night of vodka and tonics with my girlfriends!!!! AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!! This was a Saturday-Sunday ritual.

Yes, we'd tan ourselves silly, then go out at night thinking we looked "HOT"!!!! Laughing

Wasn't a heavy smoker, I bummed them off of my girlfriends more than anything, but smoked enough that I regret it now.

Maria Cool

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |