Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Melasma with Tri-luma experience
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
dnpetty

Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
I'm missing my tri-luma - trying to get it is hard right now. It worked for my Melasma - and though I've never had children, my face is covered and after using almost every other fade cream on the market, tri-luma did the job! So I really miss being able to fade my spots! If

Those of you who had redness and peeling - you might have used to much (that caused me to get red - no other time) and peeling is good - you're getting rid of the layer of skin.

If anyone knows how to get their hands on it - let me know - I can't find anyone who has it in stock! I've been out for almost 6 months! One tube last me about 8 months - so the hundred bucks was well worth it. Other products were 2 something and didn't do crap!

So if you do know a place that I can order from or pick up here in Los Angeles, CA I'd be doing the happy dance

Danielle
Glamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
I got terrible melasma from using Doxycycline - the Doxy compromised my liver and caused a massive hormonal imbalance. I had perfectly white skin before this and now my face is about 4-5 shades darker Sad and I have intense patches of melasma. So pissed at the derm that gave me this - I told him I had existing liver problems! He should never have given it to me... gggrrr... that was almost 3 years ago and my face (and health) are still ruined from it... Crying or Very sad

So after reading some stuff on here about Triluma I think I need to give it a run - I hope it's available in Australia? Does anyone know? Even if on prescription, I'm happy to see my doctor and get a prescription for it - but if not can anyone recommend a website other than dodgy Alldaychemist?

Also to the people saying they dont go outside much so they dont need SS - you are incorrect because UV is everywhere in low doses - you are surrounded in it whether you go out in the sun or not! It is emitted from light sources at home, in shops, in offices, it is emitted from your computer monitor - that said, it is low dose but it is CONSTANT! Even if you're just staying indoors I would recommend still applying it - I mean how hare is it to apply a moisturizer at a minimum that contains SPF when you're doing your skincare in the morning? and a foundation with SPF cant hurt either if you where it... Wink
Glamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:03 am      Reply with quote
Hmm... I'm really hoping someone can let me know if Tri luma is available on another site other than ADC or if anyone knows if it is available in Australia on prescription? Wink
keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Triluma didn't work for me. The only product line that cleared my skin completely was Obagi NuDerm.

Good Luck. I hope you find something that woeks for you.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
skin lightening creams like neucell are good treatments for melasma. melasma is caused by too much sun exposure and some other factors. for a more effective and satisfying result, prevent the melasma-causing factors while on and after treatment. otherwise, treatment would be nullified because you allow your skin condition to worsen.
Glamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:47 am      Reply with quote
My melasma was caused by antibiotics believe it or not! they messed my body up really bad - caused a massive hormone imbalance.

I have a friend who is a pharmacist and he said that you cant get Triluma in Australia Sad so I may have to look at the Obagi hq product. Wink
robbieLeigh

Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
I just started with M2 cream, the old "mama" cream. I have melasma on my upper lip, looks like a nustache, and like the other women on this site who have it, I am totally miserable. I do'nt go out anymore, I spend hours in the bathroom trying to cover this horrible nightmare, and I can't. Nothing covers it. I am not on the pill, never have been, and I have NO kids, so it's not the common "mask of pregnancy" for me. I just turned 49, and I'm starting my manopause, so I"m sure it's hormonal. Although I never avoided the sun, so that plays are big part in all this I'm sure. I have tried HQ, and I would not use it or suggest anyone does. It's bad for you, it's suggested that it may cause cancer, and who would risk that!? I have tried SkinBright, but didn't give it a fair shot. I moved right on to M2 cream because so many people seem to to swear by it. I hope my mustache is totally hormonal and will eventually fade away. If anyone has found this to be the case, Please let me know. I'm desperate for any good news, any hope at all:-( I just stay home and cry. My melasma has ruined my relationships and pretty much my life...
Yolalupe

Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm a 62 years old Mexican woman that lived a long time in the States. I had genetic melasma for about 15 years. It started with a couple spots and then it spread all over my cheeks. I have tried everything, from expensive to cheap products to home remedies. Nothing works. Two or three dermatologist prescribed products that had HQ, but I never used them because of the great fear of controversy surrounding hydroquinone, especially for dark skin.
But, it's been too many years of suffering and I'm desperate! My husband and I moved to Mexico six months ago and I went to the local Costco where you can buy Tri-luma without a prescription. I consulted with the pharmacist. She said it was the best product ever. I also consulted my local American doctor here in Mexico before using this cream. I started a week ago today and hope to be able to finish the 8 week treatment of Tri-Luma.
I haven't noticed big changes except some skin irritation but nothing major. I use tri-luma at night and wash my face in the morning putting a lot of 50 SS and a moisturizer cream before makeup. Two nights ago I might have put too much tri-luma because my skin was so irritated that I could barely put the SS or cream yesterday morning. I thought I'd discontinue using it if my skin felt the same today. I'm okay today putting less tri-luma last night.
I live by the ocean, but I've been extra careful to don't step out of the house if I don't have lots of SS on and to put a big brim hat to walk on the beach.
Wish me luck! Any comments?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |