Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Avon Dry Nail Enamel Instant Manicure
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
lola
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:27 am      Reply with quote
I recently bought this on Ebay after reading about it in one of my beauty magazines.
I just have to say this stuff is wonderful! I have a naturally very oily nail bed. And when I get my nails done no matter how much nail polish remover is swiped over the nail to remove any oils, my polish always, always chips by day 2. It's been suggested to me to get either acrylics or gel nails so that polish will stay longer, but I refuse to put something so damaging on my own nails.
Soo anyway, I bought a lot of 3 packets in red. And basically what you get is sticky strips of dry nail polish that you peel and apply to your own nail. At first I really didn't think they would stay past day one. But it's been 8 days and I don't have a single chip, and I've washed my hair twice in that time.
Right now they only offer 10 colors, and there's a few people selling them on ebay.

Good luck if anyone tries it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
Oh these are soooo cool. I've never seen these before! I hate painting my nails because of the chipping in two days. Years ago I had silk wraps done just for the sake of nail polish staying on longer, but I hated what they did to my natural nails. Now my nails are in great condition and I hardly ever paint them but I'm gonna try these babies. Thanks for pointing these out!
What color exactly did you get? It's hard to see the colors on ebay.. I'm thinking about the "reddy to go", but I wonder if it's too red...
Mabsy

Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
How cool! I've never seen these before!

How easy/hard are they to apply? Can they be too wide/narrow for someone's nail and if so then do you think they can somehow be "cut down"?

I'm a bit of a clutz (could never use those french manicure kits even).

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried these too! They were a tad too skinny for my nail bed (it was a two nail sampler) but it looked fine. I pressed them on (they smell just like nail polish) and used my nail clippers to clip away the excess. Then, I was worried about them falling off so I put a quick dry top coat on top. The darn things stayed on my nails for a week!!! I too can't have nail polish on for more than 2 days without chipping. That is, if I even get it painted on properly in the first place. I ordered some and they should be here next week.
lola
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi PhoebesMeow--
The first set that I bought (which I'm still wearing, on almost day 9) was actually 'reddy to go' and I like it alot. I'm fair and I usually like a more coral red, but this red is more of a wine-y red. It's really very pretty and the color has this shiny sparkle to it. Two days ago I ordered more colors, the Rose, Pearl and Mocha. I can't wait for them to come in!!

Mabsy--
I thought they were pretty easy to apply. I thought at first that I was going to mess them up, but it's really not bad. Once I smoothed it on my nail I kind of smoothed it over the tip of my nail and under a bit. And then with my nail from the other hand kind of pressed it on and it just tore off the excess. My nails are a bit wide and the strips are a bit narrower than the nail bed but it's really not very noticeable. For as long as the polish has stayed I don't mind that at all! Smile

If anyone tries them I'd love to hear what you think of them.

Have a lovely night, or day.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
OK - i just lemming'd and ordered these in pink and pearl. I've been trying to figure out what to do with my nails for a while and these seem perfect! If others of you try it and find out great ways on how to apply them please share here.
Mabsy

Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
lola wrote:

I thought they were pretty easy to apply. I thought at first that I was going to mess them up, but it's really not bad. Once I smoothed it on my nail I kind of smoothed it over the tip of my nail and under a bit. And then with my nail from the other hand kind of pressed it on and it just tore off the excess. My nails are a bit wide and the strips are a bit narrower than the nail bed but it's really not very noticeable. For as long as the polish has stayed I don't mind that at all! Smile

Thank you! I ask because I know that the french manicure stick-on things never fit the curve of my nail properly so I'm thinking my nails are not "normal" Smile

Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |