Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Face Primer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
skingal

Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
I am looking for some recommendations for a good face primer/base for dry skin. Appreciate your replies!
oli_d
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:22 am      Reply with quote
Clarins Beauty Flash Balm and Guerlain's Divinora Pure Radiance are really good bases for dry skin.

oli
hendricks
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:15 am      Reply with quote
my sister has dry skin and she loves Chanel Blanc Universal primer. Her other favorite is YSL's Teint Parfait.
peace of mind
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
Nars , Laura Mercier

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:02 am      Reply with quote
hendricks wrote:
my sister has dry skin and she loves Chanel Blanc Universal primer. Her other favorite is YSL's Teint Parfait.

This is the ONLY Chanel product...500 bucks later (long story..sheesh...) that I still use. I use it to lighten my undereye area and highlight (the Chanel website has more uses). I've had the same container for almost a year...a little goes a long long looooong way and it is well worth the investment IMHO.

The best trick I've seen a makeup artist use with this is blending it with concealer...HOLY MOSES the results are amazing! Exclamation It works well under fluid foundation and even MMU (which I use over it).

Anyway...if you go to a chanel counter, they'll probably give you a sample (that's how I got hooked).

Give it a try!!!!

EDIT: I have oily skin too and it works for me!

5% products discount

Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:15 am      Reply with quote
try laura geller she uses it on the movie stars i tried it and it works
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:34 am      Reply with quote
fuzzy wrote:
try laura geller she uses it on the movie stars i tried it and it works

Are you referring to her spackle primer?

I ordered this from QVC and it didn't work well for me.
It made me break out...BUT BUT BUT that doesn't mean it will make everyone do the same!

I know folks who love this!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
I really like Peter Thomas Roth's mattifying gel, also cle de peau's stick primer. (if you like a matte look), hths. Very Happy
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Sonia Rykiel Treatment Makeup Base - it's supposed to hydrate your skin. Their Supreme Compact Foundation supposedly contains 80% water.

Here are the ingredients - I've yet to see a makeup base with better ingredients (apart from the parabens of course)

Aqua - Butylene Glycol - Glycerin - Mineral Oil - Squalene - Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract - Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein - Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract - Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract - Hydrolyzed Conchiolin Protein - Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein - Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract - Mucuna Macrocystis Pyrifera Extract - Nasturtium Officinale Extract - Panax Ginseng Root Extract - Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract - Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract - Tocopherol Acrylates copolymer - Alcohol - Aluminum Hydroxide - Carbomer - cetearyl Alcohol - DEA-C8-18 - Perfluoroalkylethyl phosphate - Dimethicone - Dipentearythrityl Hexahydroxystearate /Hexastearate/Hexarosinate - Candelilla Wax - Glyceryl Stearate - Glyceryl Stearate SE - Hydrated Silica - Hydrogenated Coconut Oil - Hydrogenated Lecithin - Hydrogenated Palm Oil - Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose - Lecithin - Rice Bran Wax - Paraffin - PEG/PPG-24/60 Copolymer - Petrolatum - Polysorbate 80 - Sodium Hydroxide - Sodium Methyl Lauroyl Taurate - Sorbitan Sesquioleate - Stearic Acid - Talc - Triethanolamine - Triethylhexanoin - Methylparaben - Propylparaben - Fragrance - [May Contain (+/-) Iron Oxides - Mica - Titanium Dioxide]

Phew *wipes sweat from forehead* that was a long list. Although I don't understand most of it, all those extracts in the beginning just makes me feel like it's good for my skin (comparable to other primers).
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
MAC and Smashbox both have amazing primers Very Happy
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Joey NY Correct-a-Line for face is wonderful for use as a primer. Makes pores and wrinkles invisible (although, I don't really think it can "correct" anything except temporarily Confused ) It contains hyaluronic acid which is good for dry skin and makeup glides on over it. It also looks great on its own Smile
bella77
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
napoleon is good... am after a change tho, migt try the joey. hve had 3 tubes of nap tho. Also model co is sposed to be good - lil sister uses it
Olyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
Monistat Chafing powder/gel. Although I have not tried the fancier types, this works great, and is easy to find (and cheap, which doesn't hurt! Smile )
jellyberry
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
Smashbox Primer all the way! It makes my skin feel like SILK! My MMU goes on very nicely. I've had the same bottle for almost a year now...almost all gone!
soliloquy
5% products discount

Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
SMASHBOX~my skin feel silky.
I use it with & without foundation-it gets rid of that greasy look you get from high SPF sunscreen.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
I second/third (whatever) the Smashbox. I've only tried it for a few days and it's amazing. My only other Primer experience has been Laura Mercier and for me there's no comparison.
bella77
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
so do you think smashbox is better than the joey??

i am so confused now! don't know what to order. need advice!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |