Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Tips for less hair breakage and more growth?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
I use the same protein treatment, got it from Sally's store.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Wendy and jumpingball, can you please tell me some more about this protein treatment? Do you have other recommendations? TIA
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Anyone guys?
I found that Carekate recommends a mix of oils before hair dying. Would that help with hair growth? Also, where is the protein in that mix?
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:37 am      Reply with quote
APHOgee protein treatment. Got it on Ebay.

doesn't make hair grow faster but it will strengthen it and help alot with breakage so I guess indirectly it DOES help with growth.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:00 am      Reply with quote
Wendy, please update us as to your results! Your hair must have grown INCHES by now!

TIA ...
sixtypassingforfortyfive
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
have you tried nioxin products...have a thyroid condition...plus very fine thin hair..my Mom died @84 three years ago..had very few wrinkles..even less hair Laughing ..but..I did try theses hair products..LOVED THEM...new hair around forehead hairline...thicker..better shape in general! Talk to your hairdresser...was lucky..frien is one..she got mine for me at her discount Smile good luck[/b]
Rita1

Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
I've began my adventure with Shapley's MTG several days ago. I applied it all over my scalp and massaged it in. I had major difficulties shampooing it out the following day since quite a bit was also in my hair, but I figured I'd go to the nearest horse supply retailer to purchase Shapley's Hi Shine shampoo to remove the excess oil. After purchasing the Hi Shine shampoo, I thought I could be liberal with the MTG last Saturday night by applying it all over my scalp and hair for extra conditioning, and wash it out easily with Shapley's Hi Shine shampoo since it did say that it effectively removes the MTG. On Sunday morning, before church, I shampooed and I vigorously shampooed, but to no avail. After several shampoos, I still had alot of oil on my hair....so I resorted to Dawn dishwashing liquid, which thank goodness worked more efficiently. But I ended up a half hour late to church because of my "oily hair issue". I'm not too crazy about using Dawn as my new shampoo to rinse out MTG. Anyways, I cut back drastically last night upon application to only my scalp. And for some reason, my forehead area has developed an irritation from using a cap over my head at bedtime after applying MTG. I think perhaps the MTG is merging down to my forehead via the cap, and causing irritation, so I'll have to take a break from MTG till this clears up. I wonder if it's the sulfur. Well, after all this, I have some good news, 2 days ago, I had a wonderful discovery after purchasing and using extra virgin coconut oil on my face and eye area including lashes. The next morning when I was getting ready to apply my mascara, I was amazed by the overnight eyelash growth! I was imagining what extra virgin coconut oil could do for my hair growth if I apply it daily. I surely would smell alot better than the MTG. I'm going to use Extra Virgin Coconut Oil as my nightly scalp and hair treatment and keep you all posted on how that goes.

Rita
nubajelly
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
What is inositol? Do you ingest it or is it topical?
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
nubajelly wrote:
What is inositol? Do you ingest it or is it topical?

It's a type of supplement. I take it internally like vitamins. Mine is in powder form, so I have to mix it in water.
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:48 am      Reply with quote
has anyone tried either SKB or KGF serum from Skinactives?
mper1327
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
My one suggestion, and forgive me if it's already been said, but never, EVER, brush or comb your hair while wet. Your hair has max elasticity when wet, and is more likely to snap

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:03 am      Reply with quote
daydreamingda wrote:

The KGF seemed to work. I've used up two and have run out. Hair growth has definitely slowed, despite the Shapley Mane & Tail (stinky!) and gulping lots of vitamin pills.

As far as hair breakage, this may be the most ridiculous thing I've ever posted but I swear it's true...

Pantene Anti-Breakage shampoo, conditioner, and spray really do prevent breakage better than anything. I'm ignoring my Kerastase and other expensive stuff because this works better. Go figure.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
heathercolorado wrote:
daydreamingda wrote:

The KGF seemed to work. I've used up two and have run out. Hair growth has definitely slowed, despite the Shapley Mane & Tail (stinky!) and gulping lots of vitamin pills.

As far as hair breakage, this may be the most ridiculous thing I've ever posted but I swear it's true...

Pantene Anti-Breakage shampoo, conditioner, and spray really do prevent breakage better than anything. I'm ignoring my Kerastase and other expensive stuff because this works better. Go figure.

that's encouraging! I've started using KGF for 2 weeks. although yet seeing results, my hair loss problem seems to have significantly improved!
SherryWM

Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
I once knew a woman from India with the most gorgeous, long hair. She told me she treated her hair with coconut oil and wrapped it up in a warm towel for an hour or so every time she could before she washed her hair. My version is this: every time I go for a run, I put coconut oil in the bottom half of my hair and then braid it and ponytail it up. I think it works, b/c it is very dry where we live ... although scientists may disagree.
Sherry
gailbaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
SherryWM wrote:
I once knew a woman from India with the most gorgeous, long hair. She told me she treated her hair with coconut oil and wrapped it up in a warm towel for an hour or so every time she could before she washed her hair. My version is this: every time I go for a run, I put coconut oil in the bottom half of my hair and then braid it and ponytail it up. I think it works, b/c it is very dry where we live ... although scientists may disagree.
Sherry

I put coconut oil in my hair and wrap it with plastic wrap and sit in the sauna for 40 minutes once a week. It has really made my hair feel silky. The plastic wrap is just to keep my sauna clean.
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:05 am      Reply with quote
For breakage : regular(once every 4-6 weeks) protein treatments and weekly deep conditioning with heat has worked wonders on my over processed, bleached, TR-ed hair. For protein I use Aphogee which is industrial strength and absolutely wonderful on very damaged hair, as well as Nexxus Emergencee. I try to do protein before I color my hair - really helps the color hold I find.
Wildflowers

Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:36 am      Reply with quote
There is a great article by Marieclaire.

marieclaire dot com/hair/hairstyles/hair/hair-aging

Use protein-laced styling products. As your hair thins, it gets weaker and less able to support its own weight, leading to breakage and loss. "Protein fortifies the hair shaft. It can actually stick itself into hair and pull splitting sections together," says Gary Travis, an Atlanta-based stylist. (Try Nexxus Y Serum Younger Looking Hair shampoo and conditioner and Nature's Gate Stayin' Alive Anti-aging shampoo and conditioner.)

Mom2Busy2Boys
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using combs with very wide spaces between the tooths and I find that I have less hair breakage. On a side note, I also have been using Nioxin Intensive Theraphy Follicle Booster and I find that it helps my hair regrow.
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
Mom2Busy2Boys wrote:
I have been using combs with very wide spaces between the tooths and I find that I have less hair breakage. On a side note, I also have been using Nioxin Intensive Theraphy Follicle Booster and I find that it helps my hair regrow.

I also use wide-toothed combs and I've just ordered Nioxin Therapy Booster, so hopefully, I'll get good results.
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:55 am      Reply with quote
Do note that too much protein without deep conditioning for moisture will strengthen hair, but also leave it very dry. Always deep condition after using protein treatments.
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:24 am      Reply with quote
has anyone noticed that you lose more hair in autumn /winter?
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:47 am      Reply with quote
I had once read on a message board that mixing a strong green tea and copper peptide and mix. This is suppose to help grow hair and keep it healthy. You put it on last on your scalp. I have never tried it but many on the forum did and were happy with the results.
CleanSkin
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
annachan wrote:
has anyone noticed that you lose more hair in autumn /winter?

Definitely notice this and am currently looking for a good hair loss prevention shampoo or treatment.
Bolla
5% products discount

Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
If no one has mentioned this, I really love NaturallyCurly.com for great hair tips.
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
start taking evening primrose oil and B vitamins. I use a weekly or biweekly olive or jojoba hot oil hair treatment on my colored dry hair,,,,,makes a huge difference..
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |