Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
::Review::Amazing Cosmetics Velvet Mineral Powder Foundation
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
I too am going to look for the Burt's Bees! I don't know if I've ever seen their cosmetics though here, just skincare.

I've never tried Vincent Longo. I was considering Cle De Peau but just can't justify the cost.

Is MAC select in the tube? I've tried that one and it didn't cover my circles, I used Peach, closer to my skintone may have worked more effectively. I haven't tried their pot concealer. Maybe that will be next if I can't find the Burt's Bees.

I don't even know why I'm searching as the Mary Kay works well enough. Suppose I need to try them all just to be sure there isn't something better. I do find the Mary Kay one virtually texture free and they are all very yellow toned. A lot of times I think that it's more about the shade than actual coverage, because with the right shade there is the important neutralizing effect.
divinemind
5% products discount

Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
Maria ~ I have one of those drawers too! It is really sad but I just keep buying more. I feel like I have tried almost everything. Nothing seems to work very well. And I have those spots on my cheeks too. I'm 38 so maybe it's because we grew up in the era of no sunscreen and lots of baby oil!

Lolli ~ Mac select is in the tube and I go back to it because the color match is perfect. I don't like their pot concealer because I found it to be drying. I'll have to check out Mary Kay and see if it's a keeper.

I'm going to the health food store tomorrow to see if they have the Burts Bees concealer. I'll keep you updated!

Lisa

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:26 am      Reply with quote
divinemind wrote:
Maria ~ I have one of those drawers too! It is really sad but I just keep buying more. I feel like I have tried almost everything. Nothing seems to work very well. And I have those spots on my cheeks too. I'm 38 so maybe it's because we grew up in the era of no sunscreen and lots of baby oil!

Lisa

Lisa -

Soooo true!!! My girlfriends and I would plunk ourselves down on the beach every weekend in the summer - and not to mention after a night of clubbing (read: alcohol consumption Embarassed ) in Boston - so of course I'm thinking I'm rehydrating my skin with the suntan "OIL" with about SPF 2 and falling asleep from 10 a.m. til 1 p.m.!!!! We would all think we looked pretty dang good (and unfortunately, we DID - teeth looked whiter, arms and legs looked skinnier Laughing etc.)

Now, at 42....sigh...not so much....ah, to know then what I know now!

Oh well...Hope you find the Burt's Bees. I think it's about $9 for the tin.

Maria

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
I tanned in my teens and twenties too, with absolutely no regard for my skin. Sad I didn't really notice any damage until after pregnancy it was quite a shock to say the least to see all these melasma spots and areas that weren't there before. Sad

One thing I haven't mentioned which really works well for me on melasma, not under my eyes as it's too dry, is Jane Iredale's Camoflauge. I've never reviewed it here but did on MUA. It hasn't been an every day concealer because it's hard to work with, it dries really fast and rock hard. I use it if I'm going to be in the water or on a spot that just won't remain covered by anything else. But, as far as tube concealers go, this one covers the best and lasts the longest. I've found the only way to get it to look natural is with a concealer brush over well moisturized skin. Today I used it on my upper lip and cheeks with Prescriptives magic powder over top and now, 8 hours later, it still looks great! I think I may pick up another tube as this one is getting a bit low. Jane Iredales shades really work well for me which of course make all the difference as well.

http://www.janeiredale.com/products/concealers.html

There aren't many shades to chose from, I use Amber which is a tad lighter than my natural skin tone but it's easy enough to correct, I add a touch of darker foundation to it.

I've looked in both stores and no Burt's Bees concealer. It is on eBay if I get desperate. Smile
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
I emailed EDS. CaspersMum recommended the Light or perhaps Ultra Light for my medium/light olive skin tone with pink undertones. She felt that the Golden Light would be too orange on me. As I know cosmetics can't be returned I will control myself and wait until I can visit a retailer that carries Amazing Cosmetics. Best I see if the foundation is right for me.
divinemind
5% products discount

Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:54 am      Reply with quote
Lolli,
The spots on my cheeks didn't appear until after pregnancy as well. I have never tried Jane Iredale's Camoflauge but there is a place in town that carries it so maybe I will check it out.

I found the Burts Bees and it just won't work for me. The color (medium) is wrong. Maybe dark would work. I just want to find a concealer that will stay on throughout the day!! Is that too much to ask for Confused

Lisa

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:23 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the mineral powder foundation for the past week & absolutely love it! The golden light is a perfect match for me. I've tried BE (didn't like the sheen or how it settled into fine lines). This stuff has a nice matte finish & doesn't make my face look dry. Now that I know this works so well & matches perfectly, I'll certainly purchase the concealer on my next order.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:20 am      Reply with quote
After reading these reviews I went to ulta and purchased the Golden Light (perfect match). I had been checking out these products for a while so one good review sent me running to ulta credit card in hand! I purchased the kit with small portions of the following:

Concealer: Golden Light. Perfect match. The texture is thick and a bit like a really heavy foundation. There is mineral oil listed as the first ingredient (which I'm not thrilled about) but I got over it after using it the first time. The coverage is very good and it covers without getting cakey or dry. I have lots of acne scars on my cheeks so I am covering large areas with this stuff right now as well as under my eyes. I think the key is to let it dry a bit bf you add the powders bc some of it came off when I applied the foundation. Its good for under eye but not on the lid as a primer bc its a little too creamy and it creases. This is by far the best concealer I have ever used....will be buying again.

Mineral Foundation Powder: I love that the concealer and foundations are in the same colors! Takes the guess work out of buying it online from EDS now. I like that you do not need to buff it on but rather dust it on and let it sink in. It feels MUCH lighter than BE and I put on a lot and it just melted into my skin...looked like the "no make up" look no matter home much I applied. I would say that when used alone it will not cover scars etc (like BE can) but it feels so much better on your skin than any other mineral foundation I've tried. I will defiantly purchase again but think it needs to be used with the concealer....I think its a must to purchase them together.

Powder Set: It claims that when you set with this powder your makeup becomes "waterproof" but I'm not sure I buy that. I know it makes it look flawless. It does not add color and it does not get "think" looking but it does set your face wonderfully. I'm loving this too. I would totally buy it again.

Instructional DVD: I only watched the portion on the face which did not tell me anything I didnt already know. I watched a bit on the "eyes" and also...nothing I didn't know. I would not say that this dvd is worth purchasing on its own but it was a nice "refresher". The only "take away" is that this mineral foundation does not need to be buffed into the skin...just swept.

Concealer Brush: Small....typical. Not overly impressed. Wouldn't purchase on its own.

Overall...great value for the money (even though they are smaller sizes). I would buy it again and I think I've found my HG face makeup.
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone know whether amazing powder provides sun protection?
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:37 am      Reply with quote
I think this would be on my next order list.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:01 am      Reply with quote
I loved this until I developed an allergic reaction!!! Bummer....but i ended up finding LM MMU which is great so all is good!
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
I was using Amazing Cosmetics' mineral powder foundation until I tried Laura Mercier's MMU. Amazing Cosmetics' MMU is really nice, but the LM MMU looks as near to flawless as I think I'll ever get. If the LM MMU ever was discontinued I'd go back to Amazing Cosmetics' MMU.
pudoodles
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
I still haven't try the free gift in golden light I received a while ago. It looks darker than my usual skin tone but I think it will be great for summer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 7:52 am      Reply with quote
I have been using this for a couple months-- Amazing mineral foundation. I actually received a full-sized pot in the lightest shade as a forum free gift!

I like it quite a bit; the lightest shade is a perfect match for me. I still alternate between this and BE. The Amazing is a matte finish, and it does go on easier than BE.
elee123
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:47 am      Reply with quote
I love it. But it's just too pricey.
saisai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Sounds so good! Put it on my wishlist:)
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |