Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Replenix CF Green Tea Serum with caffeine USP
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:56 am      Reply with quote
Replenix Serum CF Green Tea 90% Polyphenol Isolates - Fortified with Caffeine USP

I bought this after reading reviews on MUA. I've been using this over my vitamin C serum the last few weeks and I'm loving it! Dancing It's a great moisture boosting serum and has a lovely gel texture which melts right into the skin. I actually don't think that I need the extra moisture but I use this because it's so pleasant and soothing. I will definitely be buying this again. It comes in a pump bottle that dispenses just the right amount of the yellowy tinged gel with one pump. I have noticed that the gel does have a tendency to solidify in the pump so every so often I get a squirt of gel with some beige/yellowy flakes in it. That's pretty much my only gripe with it so far. Btw, this also comes in a cream version but I have not tried it.

That's pretty much all I can say about it - it's basic but feels great on the skin! But what on earth is caffeine USP Question

Quote:
Ingredients: purified water, 90% polyphenol isloate of cammelia sinensis leaf, sodium hyaluronate, bisabolol, cucumber extract, chamomile extract, triethanolamine, polysorbate 20, carbomer, methylparaben, diazolidinyl urea, tetrasodium EDTA. *Polyohenols include: EGCG, EGC, ECG, EC.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:38 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the regular Replenix Serum I wonder if this is the same thing. it has Green Tea 90% Polyphenol Isolates & Hyaluaronic Acid. It has reduced all the redness in my face. Masby the shipping to Aust was more than the Dr H cost even the cheap way. So I have been using it with Jurlique powder on top and no oil anymore. Sorry for the delayed response.

Dale
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy - caffeine is normally used for de-puffing and tightening because of the tannin's in it. Same idea as putting tea-bags on your eyes in the morning for puffy eyes, and coffee ground scrubs for cellulite. On the face I would imagine it would be specifically for a tightening effect! Smile

Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
red head - I think what you're using is similar but it's not the same. It doesn't have the caffeine in it and also seems to have HA lower down the list of ingredients. How are you liking the serum though? For comparison, here is the ingredient list of the serum you are using:

Quote:
Water, 90% Polyphenol Isolate, Bisabolol, Cucumber Extract, Chamomile Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Polysorbate-20, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Phenoxetol, Tetrasodium EDTA.

Don't worry about the Dr H makeup - I had a feeling it could be a fair bit more than you expected. I'm glad you're finding it fine with the Jurlique silk dust. This is what I am using it with as well most days and I'm very happy with it! That's one of the coming up items on the "review list".

Sportygirl - thank you! That makes sense though I don't feel any tightening effect but I just love how it feels on the skin - can't quite describe it. Any idea what the "USP" stands for?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy -- USP stands for United States Pharmacopeia.

This is from their website usp.org

Who We Are

The United States Pharmacopeia (USP) is the official public standards-setting authority for all prescription and over-the-counter medicines, dietary supplements, and other healthcare products manufactured and sold in the United States. USP sets standards for the quality of these products and works with healthcare providers to help them reach the standards. USP's standards are also recognized and used in many other countries outside the United States. These standards have been helping to ensure good pharmaceutical care for people throughout the world for more than 185 years.
Mabsy

Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
Ah, I see! Thank you Hope!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:34 am      Reply with quote
The serum helps take any redness away from my cheeks and my face seems clearer (texature wise) I noticed on one of the web sites that they have a 5X and 10x A serum I think its Derm Store.com anyway that looks interesting. Has anyone tried the TNS Skin Medic serum that costs aroung $150?

Anyway will keep you posted.

Red Head: normal/sensitive no breakouts most of the time
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:36 am      Reply with quote
They sell it at EDS and it gets great reviews. Anyone tried it and what do you think? Always looking for a anti-aging serum.

47yr old normal/sometimes sensitive few breakouts
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
I have been wanting to try this product for ages. Mabsy or fellow Australians which website did you purchase this from and was the postage costly?

TIA Smile
Mabsy

Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:39 am      Reply with quote
pal wrote:
I have been wanting to try this product for ages. Mabsy or fellow Australians which website did you purchase this from and was the postage costly?

TIA Smile

Which, the Replenix? I got it from SkinWest but would not recommend it. I've had a few problems with them and, in fact, that reminds me that I am still waiting on a refund! Mad I'd better get on to them about this tonight.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:22 am      Reply with quote
They sell Replenix @ Dermastore.com I don't know if they ship overseas but they have the full line. Also most derm office sell it.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
I've been looking at this product but most websites list two versions, but I can't find the difference, except that one is pictured in a box and one is not.. it shouldn't matter which one I choose right?

Skin-etc.com lists the cheapest price for this so far, but do you think the 120% price protection from Skinwest would come through 'successfully' or will it be quite troublesome?
Mabsy

Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
miranets - there should be a version with the caffeine UPS and one without. There is also a cream version (of both of those I think).

I have never used the price guarantee with SkinWest (or any other company come to think of it) but I will be finding a different place to repurchase this from....

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:00 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy for pointing that out.. I have been doing so much shopping online that I've become delirious and couldn't see the difference between CREAM and SERUM.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Yes Mabsy the Replenix Green Tea Serum. Sorry I wasnt percise in my first reply. Thank you for the warning I stay clear of skinwest and check some of the other sites mentioned. If only every site was a simply to order from as EDS Very Happy
Well I do hope your refunds comes through shortly

Thanks again
saz07
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:24 am      Reply with quote
I use Replenix Green Tea cream with caffiene, i found the serum was too drying so i switched.
This cream is the best cream i have ever used.

I have oily/sensitive skin and this is the only product that has worked for my skin.

Its a shame EDS do not sell their product line (TOPIX).

Green Tea polyphenols are 20x more effective than vitamin c and 50 times more effective than Vitamin E.

some information on green tea benefits http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/green-tea-000255.htm

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:30 am      Reply with quote
miranets wrote:
Thanks Mabsy for pointing that out.. I have been doing so much shopping online that I've become delirious and couldn't see the difference between CREAM and SERUM.

The difference betwen the 2 products are the serum is designed for oilier skin and the cream is designed for drier skin.

Try this link which gives more info

http://www.topixskincare.com/displayProducts.asp?DisplayType=MFG&Criteria=Replenix_by_Topix

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the Topix Replenix cream CF for a few weeks and I love it! It has dramatically reduced any redness I have on my skin. I find the cream is not very moisturizing though.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Skincarerx sells this brand, you can use MUA20 for 20% anytime.
I have been wanting to try this serum, cant decided between with caffeine or not.
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the one with Caffeine which Dr Baumann recommended for me. It apparantly has more antioxidant activity, and is also more firming.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:42 am      Reply with quote
I am going to try the one with caffeine after reading this article Dr B just wrote about caffeine:

http://health.yahoo.com/experts/skintype/14890/caffeine-prevents-skin-cancer/;_ylt=AivPsI8rN1j5TkO0k7vkZZvd1IZ4
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using this for 2 weeks now. It has really reduced the redness I have. It goes on smoothly and absorbs really quick. I think this is a keeper Very Happy
cangyue_1901
5% products discount

Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
i need an eye cream, so thx for the review.
I am sold
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
cangyue_1901 wrote:
i need an eye cream, so thx for the review.
I am sold

I'm using the serum and do use it around my eyes but you will need a moisturizer if your skin is dry.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |