Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Sisleya eye - to repurchase or.. not?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
KT
5% products discount

Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
About 8 months ago I got a Sisleya Eye and Lip Contour Cream. This was after months and months of trying to decide on a nice eye cream since once I started working full time, my eyes started looking aweful with undereye lines (I'm only 26!!), puffiness and circles.

After using it for about a month I decided it was a great big waste of money. The cream itself is lovely - it smells wonderfully gentle, the texture is amazing, it moisturises nicely etc but I just wasn't seeing the results I was expecting for that price tag. So I put that one down in the life experience book and kept on using it til it runs out and I can get something else. A few weeks ago I started taking an interest in my eye area again and I was surprised to notice that my eyes were looking so much better!! I haven't been working less (on the contrary) so the only thing that could explain it was my religious (day & night) use of Sisleya.

Right after that, I noticed I have almost run out so I have been using it sparingly for the past couple of weeks (alternating with some free sample Clinique repair cream, yuk) until I get another. Now my eyes are not looking so good again and I am thinking - has Sisleya really made that much of a difference and should I stick to it?

Which brings me to the big question - splash out US$160 on another (crappy plastic Rolling Eyes) pot of Sisleya that I think worked nicely for my eyes after many months of use or try something else, maybe cheaper and maybe better?
(Having typed that, I just discovered that I can get it from sasa.com for US$95).

I guess what I am looking for is eye cream recommendations or something to reassure me that Sisleya is the stuff for me. As mentioned, I work a lot and my eyes get very tired. I especially have problems with little lines and wrinky raisin-like skin under my eyes since I wear contacts and also my eyes randomly get allergic to makeup. I also get puffy creepy eyelids in the morning since I don't get enough sleep. Yes, I also have dark circles but that's kind of the least of my worries since that's what concealer is for. It is difficult to look good with concelaer when it creeps into your wrinkly raisin under eye skin though!!!

So what do the good people of the EDS community think? Keep in mind I live in New Zealand and can't get samples of things or try things out and pretty much anything I want needs to be ordered from the internet.

P.S. If you've gotten this far, thank you for reading my rambling long post!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Generally speaking I'm a big fan of Sisley skincare, & I was using the majority of their stuff for quite a while & I would have to say my skin was looking great for once! Very Happy

But like you said their prices are very high! & seeing as I am a uni student I can't really spend that kind of money Confused I'm 23 & I have sampled the Sisleya eye cream & I found it way too rich for my skin, but yes it is an amazing product & the SA said that it's apparently the best selling eye cream in the world! So in my opinion, if you have noticed this product suits your skin & works so well than maybe you said just repurchase?? I'm currently using the Guerlain Happylogy, which costs AU$100, I stopped using it for a while & started using something else that wasn't as expensive, but I found it made my eyes swell & sting really badly! Confused So now I'm back using my beloved Guerlain one & it's truly my HG!!

So IMHO, if you find something really good you should just stick to it, unless you find something cheaper that is just as good or even better....but that's just my opinion! Wink
Mabsy

Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried it so cannot comment but if you are happy with it and noticed a difference when you used it less often then I'd say it's a good diea to stick with it, particularly if you can get it for US$95 instead of the US$160 you originally paid. Having said all that, I am still in love with the Cellcosmet eye cream and suggest that you obtain a sample of this (ask EDS next time you order something) and try this as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:57 am      Reply with quote
Way back when, I used Sisley products and I loved them. They feel wonderful, they smell lovely, etc. But, the bottom line is, like most department store brands, they are wayyyyyy overpriced. They're also only mildly effective. On top of that, the Sisleya products are their most costly ones.

Even at the reduced price, I think you can do much better for your money. There are products out there that are way more active, are loaded with good stuff that will address your eye issues, and will also provide good preventative maintenance - especially important since you're so young - and they'll do it at a lower price.
KT
5% products discount

Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:48 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Safire, Mabsy and katee..

Yes, Sisley is lovely and Sisleya is extra so because it is their top layer but katee, I think you are probably right! I am sure there must be something out there that will be just as good (the results I saw were definitely nowhere near a miracle!).

I don't like just settling for things, I am sure there is something out there that is more special.. something "more active, loaded with good stuff and will also provide good preventative maintenance". The questions is, how does one find it?

The suggestion box is wide open..... I would love some advice, I am running out and will definitely order in the next week so its perfect timing.

Mabsy, I know you love Cellcosmet from your other posts but I don't want to splash out before trying a sample. Anything else?

Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:36 am      Reply with quote
KT wrote:
Mabsy, I know you love Cellcosmet from your other posts but I don't want to splash out before trying a sample. Anything else?

Quite a few others that I like as well - Babor Sensational Eyes, Thalgo Revitalizing (this was suprisingly good), PSF eye cream if you have a dry eye area. And, FYI, one that did absolutely nothing for me is, surprisingly, from one of my fave brands - Dr Hauschka revitalising eye cream Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:50 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:

Quite a few others that I like as well - Babor Sensational Eyes, Thalgo Revitalizing (this was suprisingly good), PSF eye cream if you have a dry eye area. And, FYI, one that did absolutely nothing for me is, surprisingly, from one of my fave brands - Dr Hauschka revitalising eye cream Sad

Sorry to hijack! Anxious But I was wondering if the Thalgo one is actually fragrance free?? Because I remember using another one of their eye creams before & it was so highly fragranced that I ended up using it as a hand cream instead! Confused

TIA Smile
Mabsy

Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:08 am      Reply with quote
Safire wrote:
Sorry to hijack! Anxious But I was wondering if the Thalgo one is actually fragrance free?? Because I remember using another one of their eye creams before & it was so highly fragranced that I ended up using it as a hand cream instead! Confused

It's scented, but personally I didn't think it was strong. Certainly not a strong as some other Thalgo products, although this is the only Thalgo eye area product I have used. I am not sensitive to fragrances though, so best get a sample if you are worried about this. HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:18 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:

It's scented, but personally I didn't think it was strong. Certainly not a strong as some other Thalgo products, although this is the only Thalgo eye area product I have used. I am not sensitive to fragrances though, so best get a sample if you are worried about this. HTH

Wow thanks for the quick reply Smile If it's scented than I better stay away...but I was just wondering, as it is quite reasonably priced.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |