Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)
Cellcosmet Buying Spree
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:56 am      Reply with quote
Cellcosmet is one brand that I have not really tried and so many rave about it. I am considering ordering the following and would love to hear from anyone that thinks one of the products should be given a miss as not worth it:

Purifying Gel Cleanser
Exfoliant Dual Action
Eye Contour Gel-XT
Ultra Eye Complex-XT (Not sure about this one as I don't like heavy creams and don't know if this is like a gel or a cream)

Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:03 am      Reply with quote
The cleanser is nice - I only tried a sample and have a full size of the cleansing cream. I love the exfoliant but it's not one for sensitive skins IMO. The Gel XT is a runny eye gel (I like this one) and the Eye Complex is also a gel but a more substantial and slightly sticky one. I'm not a fan of this one but admittedly I haven't used it for long enough to base that opinion on results. HTH

ps. I'm pretty sure there are past reviews of the gel cleanser and the exfoliant, possibly the eye gels as well.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:53 am      Reply with quote
Bushy,

Out of the products you've listed only the cleanser and exfoliant are ones I have tried...and they were samples. I only got 2 uses out of the cleanser, not quite enough to review. I did like the texture and smell though. I don't recall if I had foundation on to give you an idea if it removed it. I found the exfoliant to be a wonderful product. It doesn't take much to do the trick! I am very particular with scrubs, most are to grainy,granular in texture and are just flat out plain too much for my thin skin. For example, Dr. Brandt's Micro in a Jar is way to harsh for me as well Estee Lauders Micro D (or whatever it's called). Cellcosmet's exfoliant is one that I can tolerate without any redness. I hope you find this info helpful and good luck with your decision Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Bushy,

I use the Cellcosmet Cleanser cream, eye cream and ultra vital daily and faithfully. I own the retail size of the dual action and have not tried the Ultra Eye Complex-XT (which is a gel).
I spend a small fortune because it has made a tremendous difference in my skin. I too, am 50ish, but have fair Irish skin that burns and prone to melanoma. Religiously I have people mention the texture and quality of my skin. I give complete responsibility to the cellcosmet. This being said, you mentioned not liking "heavy creams". One of the reasons I think this line works for me is because I tend to be dry and this line is very emoliant or creamy. Don't forget samples, they have saved me a small fortune over the years!! HTH
Babs
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, now I am feeling guilty as I have been very lax in doing my reviews on the Cellcosmet products I purchased/sampled recently. But as a brief rundown:

Gel cleanser: wonderful. Love this stuff for evening cleanse.
Activator gel: this is not on your list, but I give this product a
exfoliant: had a sample tub and it is very nice, but I was not convinced to buy full size

eye gels: I have a sample of the XT here I hvae not tried yet, must do so!

I also have tried the elasto-collagen, ultra-cell thingy, eye cream, sensitive day cream, ultravital..and... um, oh, the mask and also the hand cream. I have a body cream sample here too somehwere...
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
Oh Tiger Tim do tell us what you thought about the vial serums. Any notieable changes?? I heard they are supposed to be used as a treatment or during season changes...? And the MASK...I've been wanting to try this. How would you rate it??? TIA!!!!!!
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bushy

I have a real crush on Cellcosmet, but can't afford any full sizes. Now on my fifth sample pack I think.

But the ones you've listed, which I've tried I don't think are very special. The cleanser's OK and the exfoliants pretty good, but not outstanding enough for the price.

I just love the eye cream and the sensitive day (the ultra-vital is much too heavy duty for me, but might be good in dry weather conditions).

But, looks like you have different skin type from me anyway.

M
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
For a start, these are the 3 previous reviews I did:

Ultra Vital: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3786&highlight=review+cellcosmet

Eye Cream:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3788&highlight=review+cellcosmet

Elasto-Collagen: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3787&highlight=review+cellcosmet

I will try and follow-up on these and do the other reviews tonight!!
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
Well to be fair I do love Cellcosmet and the majority of my skin routine is made up of this brand. I use both the cleansers the purifying gel for morning and the cream cleanser for night, both are gorgeous the gel feels really different from any other gel cleanser I have tried before, non striping but cleanses effectively and leaves the skin feeling fresh and balanced. Also I use the activator gel and tonic. I have just added in the exfoliant and am really liking it so far but because my skin is easily irriated I tend to use this only once a week when I give myself a mini skin treatment. The eye contour cream is my all time HG eye product but having said that I really like the Ultra eye complex and have repurchased this 2 times now, and I generally dont like to use a gel as I dont find them hydrating enough. I use the ultra eye complex in the mornings in summer or under the cream during winter at night. It is a gel consistency but it does feel really soothing and hydrates the area nicely, this is not sticky either. I have not tried the Eye contour gel. I also use the anti stress mask which is now fast becoming my favourite, infront of the Valmont renewing mask. My creams of choice are the Preventive day & night aswell as the Ultra Vital when I use the ultra cell vials. I loooove the results these have on my skin. A few years ago I did try the elasto collagen vials but since trying the ultra cell I have choosen to spend the extra $$ on them. The body milk emulsion gives very nice results on the skin however last time I tried to order they didnt have it in stock so I stocked up on the kiehls body cream. When I use this brand pretty much exclusively I do see awesome results but as I am soon to be a fully qualited beauty therapist I cant help but try other ranges. Given that I do basically only purchase the salon sizes for a fantastic price I can honestly say that I would still pay the rrp if it came down to it, as I did do before I decided to change industries. But as always I would try samples first and see if you like the feel, texture and first impressions of the products

HTHS
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
cellcosmet's gel cleanser is one of my all time favorite cleanser. I use in the evening. It does a great job of removing my make-up.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:14 am      Reply with quote
Thank you all so much for your response. The reason why I chose these products to try first is because I can fit them into my routine without having to drop any products which I use daily and I can still use the products I currently have on order! I have been using Juvena Fresh Cleansing Gel and the Juvena Scrub Off which I love and should probably stick to but just wanted to try something new. I am nearly out of these and will have to replace with something so I just wanted to know if the Cellcosmet Gel Cleanser and Exfoliator might be as good. As I have oily skin I usually avoid anything called "cream" and I already have Juvedical day and night creams on order so I am happy to stick with them.
I haven't been able to find any reviews on the Cellcosmet eye gels so I will probably give them a try.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to add that if I could afford this line I would purchase it! I have used a sample pack which included cleanser,activator gel, exfoliant, eye cream and ultravial. With the exception of the activator gel I loved all of it! Ultravial would only be used in the winter as it is quite emollient. I would seriously love to buy the range. Oh well, maybe some day. Very Happy
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:19 am      Reply with quote
I am SO weak, SO weak... Brick wall Brick wall

I am on the member list from the main Cellcosmet distributor in Japan (got on there from when I bought a sample pack a couple years back). From time to time they have offers (last summer it was a free full-size cleanser with purchase over certain amount)

WELL at the beginning of April they sent a member-only offer where you could buy a set of the eye cream + either contour gel or ultra gel at 25% off This was a huge deal, but as I have some sample pots of the eye cream (which I am not in love with, but hubby loves) I was was not interested. THEN yesterday they sent another mail to say if you wanted to buy the eye cream/gels seperately just till April 30th (which was when the set offer ran out) you could have them at 20% off!! (ultra eye gel was actually just over 21%).. AND the shipping was free!

So, I ran to my cupboard and whipped out the Ultra Eye Complex-XT sample I had been keeping (I was interested to try this next after finishing my Suisse Programme eye firming gel - which I love and seems to be doing some good, but it is US$133 a 1/2 oz)... and loved the feel of it.. so... so... I ordered it!! I got it for just 11,550 yen (including tax and free shipping), which is only US$99. What a bargain.... but now I have to eat bread and drink tap water for a month.. I spent just over $600 this month all on skincare. Shock bad, bad, me.
Mabsy

Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
tiger_tim - Laughing Laughing That sounds like a great deal though! And, if it makes you feel better, I did something similar a few years back when EDS had a big "combo" eye cream special. Bread isn't so bad..... Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
Oh Tiger_Tim please let me know what you think of the Ultra Eye Complex-XT sample as I have my finger hovering over the button to order that product with the Eye gel.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |