Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Someone make it STOP!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
girlnextdoor
5% products discount

Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
My husband snores and snores! Confused Sometimes he snorts so loud our kids can hear him down the hall. Most of the time I can sleep through it but if he falls asleep first it can be a very long night for me! Mad
Help please... somebody...anybody? Crying or Very sad
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Sigh... I'm afraid to say I have to same problem. My husband's snoring is so powerful, I swear it shakes the bed!! Actually, I made him go to the Dr and he was prescribed some meds that help MOST of the time, so maybe that could be the ticket for you?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
My dad is the same way. I can hear him through the walls when I'm at home!!

Do you notice a difference if he's on his back or on his side?
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
My saving grace - ear plugs!! Very Happy

Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
like mine....someone who has Sleep Apnea. He should get it checked out. After my husband went to the sleep clinic to find out....our lives changed! He now uses a C-PAP machine at night to help him breathe...it's silent & we both get a great night's sleep!
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:58 am      Reply with quote
sportygirl wrote:
My saving grace - ear plugs!! Very Happy

I wish I could use them but I'm sooo prone to ear infections that even when I just wear them a night or two my ears start hurting. I have horrible allergies/congestion year round so I'm sure that doesn't help any.

I'm trying to convince my bf to go to the doc as well. I keep telling him it's not healthy for probably many reasons, sleep apnea, the fact that neither of us are getting any real REM sleep. Of course I only stay over once a week so I tend to just deal with it. But I don't know what I'll ever do if we get married. I'm going to look into that C-PAP machine some more. bcgolfer - can you tell us more about it?
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:19 am      Reply with quote
Go to Walgreens/CVS they have snore strips. It's a little do-hicky that adheres to the bridge of the nose.

Hubby's snoring isn't too bad, til allergy season, which here in the Midwest is in full force. Then it sounds like a freight train running the express through my bedroom. These strips have saved my sleep and saved him the bruises of me elbowing him to quiet down.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:33 am      Reply with quote
Second on the nose strips, my hubby uses them when he gets congested and they work a treat (cut down on the noise and help him get to sleep too)!
girlnextdoor
5% products discount

Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Well at least I don't feel alone anymore. I know alot of women who suffer the same way I do but I don't know if they have the same severity of noise.
Yes it's worse on his back and yes it's horrible if he's exhausted. I just get up and sleep somewhere else.
He has tried nose strips and I have heard there is some herbal spray you can get. I am desperate I will try anything. I think I'll make him a Dr appointment.
I will say he feels very bad about it, he can always tell when it's been a bad night for me. I'll never forget one time he snorted so loud that the dog suddenly woke up and started barking! Laughing
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
OMG, I totally understand!! My DH has always snored, got checked out last year for sleep apnea, which fortunately he did not have.
He had laser surgery done last fall , and it really has improved.
Some nights though I still head down to the couch to sleep.
The laser surgery sometimes needs to be repeated a few times to work though, and he had it done once, has so much pain afterwards, does not want to repeat it.
pustekuchen
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
the nose strips are great, and my boyfriend uses them.

however, you mention these "snorts" which suggest that the problem is not so much in the nasal passage but right at the back where the nasal passage and mouth meet. so the nose strips might help a bit, but won't help what seems to be the main problem.

definitly sounds like sleep apnea. he really should go see a doctor.
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
It sounds like his snoring is indicative of sleep apnea. He should see a doc to at least get it checked out. Sleep apnea can have serious effects.

Does he ever stop for a few minutes and then start up again? And if he does, when he is coming out of silence, does he gasp for breathe at all?

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
girlnextdoor
5% products discount

Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Just want to say thanks to all of you for great advice. Hubby made an appointment to see his Dr today. I googled the apnea thing and he has some classic symptoms. You ladies are so smart. Thank you Thank you!
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
hi girlnextdoor
any luck with the dr helping your husband's snoring? I have a new boyfriend and he snores really bad. I have noticed if he does not sleep on his stomach it is better.....just wanted to check up to see if you had success
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
bergquis wrote:
I have noticed if he does not sleep on his stomach it is better.

That's weird because mine is better when he does sleep on his tummy.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my goodness, after the post, I realized what I did mean to say is "it is BETTER when he is on his stomach" and NOT his back....
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
I'm the snorer in my bed Embarassed
It drives my SO nuts, he is like a corpse when he sleeps, I used to check his pulse as he just does not make a sound!
Apparently I snore the most when I lie on my back, usually he rolls me onto my side (this is when I wake up and go nuts Laughing ) and I stop.
That's the least of it though, I also have a habit of sitting bolt upright in my sleep and shouting or screaming.....I never remember a thing about it, as far as I am concerned I have had the best nights sleep.
Needless to say my SO is is heaven when we go away and have seperate beds Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Same with me, my husband snores so loudddd, i get frustrated sometimes especially when i cant fall asleep. But earplug helps, although sometimes i probably push it way down, and it hurts my eardrum. But sometimes i just sleep in another room, works better. Laughing
cloud_9
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
Is it just me, or does it seem like the snorer should be the one on the couch? Laughing
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:12 am      Reply with quote
cloud_9 wrote:
Is it just me, or does it seem like the snorer should be the one on the couch? Laughing

I couldn't agree with you more!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |