Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

LOVING the Henry Tianus range!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
Ok since it's almost a month before my birthday, I've decided to do a major splurge (and stocking up of course Rolling Eyes )

I have been using the range for a week, but I'm the kind of person who either loves or hates a product after one or two uses... and so far my skin has been loving every product.

Apparently the Antioxidant Youthful Essence has been voted as one of the most effective anti-aging products on the market (http://www.henrytianus.com/site/1345939/product/181104-00005)
(Ok I haven't tried this product yet because I am trying to balance my skin to this range first then use it on its own for a few nights, so I will post a follow-up in a few weeks)

Since I have sensitive combo skin, I use the Normal range in the morning and Oily range at night. This is a review of the entire Normal and Oily range... so it is a bit of long reading. I am hoping to provide a somewhat comprehensive review of the products since there is so little info on it on this forum.

There's so much to say about each product which means I've probably left out info. But just ask away and I'll do my best to answer questions.

PS I will just summarise my results at the top.. I think the major strengths of this range are the lovely purifying/balancing serums and creams. They are much like the other natural products which help settle oily skin despite their greasier textures.

But the only downfall is, the products are very localised which means everything is in British pounds and it is darn expensive once you convert the currency. THe shipping is only £6.50 any size internationally.

Cleansers-

Morning: Rosewood Cleansing Cream. This cleanser has a thick white paste texture with no extra plant or grain particles, similar to Avalon cleansing cream but MUCH MORE 'shapely' when you squeeze it out of the sample bottle. (I wonder how I'm going to get the last parts out since it's not liquid enough to drip out).

The after-effect of the cleanser is not as moisturising as one would expect from the texture. There is no greasy feeling left once you rinse the cleanser off, so it also effectively removes whatever sebum/product build up from the night before.

The scent is hard to describe, not as rosy and sweetas you would expect from the name, but a decent scent to start the morning off with.

You can also use the Rosewood Face Scrub (which has the exact same texture, probably ingredients too, but with the tiny exfoliating granules) as a morning treatment for a very light scrub like Dr H CC.

Evening: Bilberry Cleansing Gel. This is a light foaming cleanser which smells a little bit like cranberries. I find the cleansing effect of this stuff very deceiving!! Don't underestimate the cleaning power after one cleansing even with makeup on! After rinsing the product off my skin felt very soft and moisturised, which normally would mean the makeup has not come off yet, so I usually cleanse a second time but with a smaller amount. But after a few minutes my skin actually starts to feel taut after the second cleansing. So it's definitely effective enough to remove mineral makeup and oilies with one wash.

Bilberry Face Scrub - same texture and ingredients as the gel with small granules. Because it is also a CLEANSING scrub, be careful about overdrying and over cleaning the skin. I don't think the granules provide enough exfoliating action compared to the fine crystals in Epidermix stuff I am used to, but nice as a stimulating scrub.

Toners -

Rose Aloe Toner: I think this is like a good alternative to PSF's R&R Toning mist. The scent is VERY strange, a little too artificial for my liking, not a typical rose smell, perhaps due to the variety of rose hydrol used - Rosa X Damascena. Because of the aloe it is very calming for my skin. I use it to tone first, then mix small amounts of the serums and creams for a more moisturising application.

I'm glad the full size comes in a spray bottle because it is impossible to effectively apply this stuff when you are trying to pour measured amounts into your palm!! You end up dripping the stuff everywhere.

Hazel Mint Toner -- I prefer the Rose Aloe toner more because of my sensitive skin. I use this stuff on my chest and back to act as a purifying toner. I apply this on top of the Rose Aloe toner to any trouble spots. The mint is not over powering so you can't feel it tingling away. The toner smells a little 'alcohol-ic' to me, perhaps because of the large % of witch hazel.

Moisturiser -

Morning - Antioxidant Purifying Serum with Antioxidant Purifying Cream. The instructions say you can mix equal parts of each product for a more moisturisng effect (for oilier skins) or to lessen the richness of the cream (for drier skins). The intended effect of each product is the same, but just in different textures to suit skin types.

One grip with the Purifying serum, which has such good reviews on this forum, is that the sample bottle of the serum solidifies at temperatures around 15-18 celcius. So every morning I have to keep this tiny vial under my arms or something to get it to a consistency where I can shake and tap some stuff out. I can't imagine leaving it in the sun or hot water because that would spoil the vitamin c. I hope this stuff is easier to use full size!!

The serum itself has a texture like a thick SC B5 gel and does leave a slight shine even after absorbed. The cream on the other hand does leave a much heavier shine even after 10 minutes. But I don't have trouble with shine because it doesn't directly aggrevate sebum breakthrough. I am wearing the serum cream combo under a Living Nature moisturiser with PSF balancing oil (uh yes I felt it was overload too) with a light dusting of kaolin clay. When I touch my t-zone after 4 hours of application it is INCREDIBLY matte. It doesnt feel greasy like with the PSF 12% C.

Evening -Antioxidant Balancing Serum and Antioxidant Balancing Cream. Mixed in equal quantities as with the Purifying stuff.

The scent is very medicinal, similar to the Xinfumanlin stuff for demodex mites (another thread). Both the serum and cream are much more greasier than the Purifying products. (My bf said it smelt like QUOTE dirt unquote!! Well I think he meant very 'earthly')

The first time I applied the combo I felt I used WAY too much, even though it was a patch the size of less than a square inch. So my face looked a little greasy at night. But what I love about the serum cream combo is that it absorbs very well, so the next morning my skin was actually less greasy than before using this stuff.

As for the fear of causing blocked pores, by now most of us oilies know that something oily in texture does not necessarily mean it will cause blocked pores if you use the product properly. But this stuff has actually been very good for clearing the blocked pores/black heads that often plague the temple/cheek bone area. Because I sleep on my side I find even natural products can break me out within days, but the Balancing combo has not caused anything like that.

Others-

Antioxidant Purifying Mask -
This stuff is like a cream which doesn't leave a very greasy feeling after rinsing off. Well this must be the only thing I am on the fence about. I applied a thin amount to my face after cleansing with the Bilberry cleansing gel. It started to tingle immediately, which is usually not a good thing with my sensitive skin. So I beared with the tingling sensation for about five minutes and rinsed it off. The feeling remained for about 10 minutes afterwards. It did not cause any extra redness or significant irritation to my skin. Perhaps it is just my sensitive skin.. [/b]

Antioxidant Eye, Lip and Neck Serum - a nice but unusual rose scented oil. I have only used on my lips, it is probably more suited for overnight used when your lips won't be in contact with anything as it does not provide long lasting wear.

Firming Shower Gel - non-drying gel, small amounts foam A LOT with sponges and those fluffy balls (the word does not come to mind atm). Smells of rosemary.

Antioxidant Firming Body Serum
- a light oil that has the same scent as the shower gel. It is a nice treat after a bath but not something I would repurchase because there are lots of DIY alternatives.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 1:20 am      Reply with quote
Well I've used up the Purifying Serum and almost through with the Antioxidant serum sample.

The results with these two serums have been..... AWESOME. I have not had any reactions like stinging, blocked pores, or irritation.

The purifying serum was a 10% C concentration, and the antioxidant is at 20% but again didn't have any reactions from changing over.

So for those of you who are looking for an actual NATURALLY based serum... this is IT. (I thought Skinceuticals was the closest it came...)

I am using it in conjunction with Jurlique CC and Decleor YY balm.. and my skin has loved this combo.

(I actually regret getting the Skinceuticals 20 in full size.. because I'd much rather have spent the $$ on the Tianus serums, but this will be my next to-buy item)
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:57 am      Reply with quote
miranets - are you still using this line and loving it? I've been eyeing the HT antioxidant youthful essence for some time now, but I can't find anywhere to purchase it other than the HT website. Where do you currently get yours? Also, where did you get samples? I'd love to try this and their other products out first as well. TIA!
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using a few of the Henry Tianus products recently after being a tester for some of their products.

I have the Bilbery Cleansing Gel which I really love, it's perfect for oily skin. I can imagine the tube will last for ages, since you only need a tiny amount. It foams, but doesn't dry but does help mattify my skin. It's an exceptionally effective cleanser, but just doesn't smell as great as I thought it would.

I've tried a sample of the Flower Eye Gel, which again was lovely, but I was put off by the smell. It's a very individual thing, I'm suppose I'm used to more artificial scents!

The other products I was given were the Mint Hazel Toner which I absolutely I've gone through it so quickly! It's an amazing Toner for oilier or acne prone skin, but you may find it a bit drying if your skin is dry to start with. Again I wasn't too keen on the smell at first but now i'm used to it and wouldn't hesitate to repurchase.

Lastly I had the Antioxidant Purifying Cream which I found slightly strange. I have the full sized but haven't used that yet, only the sample. It feels lovely on, left my skin soft and glowing without being shiny and it feels quite firming. I was really hoping that they'd sent me some of the Antioxidant Youthful Essence since I've heard so many great things about this. It's their number 1 selling product, and i'm planning on trying this after I've finished my last batch of Skinceuticals C Serum aswell.

I looked recently and it now seems that they have made samples available to purchase for nearly every one of their products and every so often they have great special offers on, so check back.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Sel, but I wasn't sure if they sold to the U.S. since I don't see a way to convert the order to $. That's why I was hoping to find someone else that sold it but I can't find anything on this line.
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
From what I can see they do ship to the US but it looks like the shipping fee is around 12 USD. If you scroll down to the end of the homepage you should see a little box with the Delivery and Returns Policy. There is info there about worldwide shipping costs. Hope that helps
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Tamgirl

Only the HT site sells their products and samples, as far as I know.

I have not bought the full size Antioxidant or Purifying serums because of the $$$ price tag, and I have started using SC Vit C again.. But I must admit my skin is NOT has clear as it was when I was using HT serums.

I ordered the sample packs at first, but it's a shame that the Antiox serum sample has to be purchased seperately.. In total all my little samples plus shipping cost around 30 pounds, which was like $100NZD!!!

One bad thing about the products is, I noticed that they go off very quickly. Even my little pots of purifying and antioxidant creams changed texture and consistency within 4 weeks. The site does say that their full size products should be used within 3 months.

But the little sample vial of serums do last a long long time, for me almost 3 weeks with day and night use.

I hope you do try this, as it is one of the few products that have made my skin so clear. It's a shame this brand so not so big on forums.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, but I think I'm going to hold off for a while. I really want to try it, and plan to eventually, but I really don't want to love this just yet. Besides I had my eye on the Zenbiotics line as well, so I'll give that a go first and hope that by the time I'm ready for this they'll be selling it in the states so I can avoid the awful shipping charge. Pray
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
Man don't even mention the shipping charges!! I pay a good 30% of the order price for shipping for most of the stuff I buy online..

And the HT discounts seem a little.... ridiculous, like 2 pounds off the total price, from 37 pounds to 35 pounds??!!

Anyhow, I actually picked up most of the ingredients of the Antiox serum, and will be making my own following pretty close in line to every ingredient that is in there. So hopefully can save myself some $$ in the long run.
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
You're right about the discounts. I just had a look earlier on and the special offers aren't anywhere as near as good as they used to be. It looks like they are re packaging some of their line, and that they are expanding, so I suppose the offers won't be quite as good as I've seen on previous ocassions.

One good thing is it looks as if they've changed the packaging for their toners, I found the old ones leaked.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:49 am      Reply with quote
Miranets - keep us updated on your DIY recipe and how it compares to this. I'd love to try my own out if your's is a success. Good luck! Very Happy
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
There is actually a promotion on the HT website which allows you to order 3x free samples plus their lovely Antioxidant serum for 1 pound.. so all you pay for is the 6.5 pound shipping.

So I guess for anyone that's interested it's a really great offer to take up.. and NOT pay 30 pounds for samples like I did........
chiara

Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Miranets did you like the Antioxidant Youthful Essence?
Do you use it on its only or in combination with other products?
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Chiara, I LOVED the Antioxidant YE.. This is one of the few products that actually made a noticeable and remarkable difference to my skin after using it only a few times.

I added the Essence after I had changed my routine over, so at the time I was using Jurlique Face Wash Cream and Decleor's YY night balm. My skin had a few blocked pores on the side of my face (I'm prone to them because I sleep on my side) but they had totally cleared up overnight.

I get variable results with using the Jurlique face wash cream and YY balm, so sometimes I have clear skin and sometimes it seems rather resilient.

After I ran out of the Essence, my skin returned to a *different* state. It was still clear, but not the same clarity as when I was using the Essence. So it was definitely the HT product that was the main reason.

And I think perhaps using a combo of such potent products was the real cause for my skin to clear up, but the Essence played an equally important role.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
I have been away for all weekend so wasn't able to update you guys on a Henry Tianus special that only lasted 4 days. It was a 25% off everything (excluding mens and flower essence range and samples).

If you want to take advantage of other discounts - I believe 25% is the biggest they have had so far, then you must sign up for their newsletter as is it only available to 'select' customers.

Residents of the UK also had various Bank Holiday specials of 25% off.

So if you guys are wanting to actually try this, keep an eye out for the xmas holidays and subscribe to their newsletter.
lovelyjane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:48 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the line for over a month now. I do like their Purifying Cream very much, but don't find their popular Youthful Essence and purifying serum all that impressive. The Eye Lip and neck serum did absolutely nothing to my fine lines, but it smells wonderful. Has anyone tried their BioCollagen series?
stellamaris
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Yes I have tried the BioCollagen Cleansing Oil - I am embarrassed that I spent so much money on a product that could very easily be mixed up at home. Read the OCM thread and it's pretty much exactly what BioCollagen Cleansing Oil is - mainly castor oil with some other oils and rose otto. It removed my MMU fine but when I switched to SK-II Airtouch foundation it did not remove all of that.

I have also tried a sample of the BioCollagen serum (the expensive two-part one). I used it for about two weeks and did not notice any difference, certainly nothing to warrant the big price tag. You could get the same results by mixing the essence with the eye/lip/neck serum. If you want a sample of it they will decant one and send it out to you.

Other HT products I have tried are (I can't recall the exact names) -

Vit C and Kojic serum - it was OK but not impressive. Def no 'glow' or 'brightening'. Vit C irritates my skin in general, but this formula was not so irritating. It still caused some irritation (little red rough patches and allover redness right after applying), but not as bad as other Vit C products.

Eye/Lip/Neck serum - OK, but another product you could mix up yourself for way cheaper. The oils did not sink in nicely for me.

Red clay mask - again just OK, and it looks awful on and smells bad.

I don't think HT is a bad line but I do not think it's worth the money for just OK results. It did not do anything bad to my skin (except the Vit C irritation, but I don't hold that against the product as Vit C is always irritating to me) but it did not do anything great for it either.
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:29 am      Reply with quote
I have been really happy with all that I've tried from Henry Tianus. Including delivery to Canada (about a week or less)!! Sometimes the duties are a pain, but other times they let the package slide right through without charge Smile .

Anyway. The BioCollagen Serum is a crazy price but still impresses me & my good condition skin. Sometimes if your skin is in "shape" results are difficult to see, but with the collagen serum(s) I notice a glow every time. I also use a mix of Antioxidant Youthful Essence & Antioxidant Eye, Lip & Neck Serum. Again I see a happy face every time. The trial & error for my skin type (55, normal/oily summer & normal/dry winter, some sagging (ack) & only a few lines (thank you botox)) has been a challenge, but now I have settled into using the Antioxidant Hydrating Cream or the BioNourishing Cream everywhere but my "T" Zone & the Purifying Cream on my nose & forehead. The BioNourishing Cream is absolutely awesome for crepey neck & decollete.
I would recommend it whole heartedly - maybe along with a safe lockbox to store everything in ($$$$$) Laughing
On my next trip to London (ha, ha - my last one was in 1986) I definitely want to book an appointment for a facial when I get there & one when I leave. Wink
lovelyjane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
I don't like their masks, either. I don't mind the smell but they just does nothing to me.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |