Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
::REVIEW:: Cellcosmet Purifying Gel Cleanser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:56 am      Reply with quote
I was in need of a new cleanser and I like gel type, so decided for some Cellcosmet after trying a little sample tube and liking it.

MY COMMENTS:

Feel & usage:
This is a wonderful gentle cleanser that leaves skin soft and feeling clean, yet without any taughtness or sense of being stripped.
It is an alcohol-free blue gel that does not foam, however the correct way to use it (which is not provided with samples) is to massage over a dry face. Add a small amount of water to emulsify and then rinse off with warm water and (preferably) a cleansing cloth/sponge.

I have been using this as my evening cleanser and whilst I dont wear make-up much, it certainly is a great make-up remover. I had on brow pencil the other day and just one swipe of my gel-covered fingers when I was emulsifying took off the pencil 100%

Packaging:
The packaging is nice (pump bottle with cover), although being quite a large rectangular shape it is difficult to wrap the hand around and bring up one finger to pump (it is only a short pump with a short nozzle too). But that is a minor thing really. It is expensive, but a decent sized bottle (200ml/6.7oz)

Ingredients:
The only thing that has put me off a bit and would probably keep me from repurchasing is the ingredients, which I did not know till my full size arrived, and which disappointed me a bit (I try to avoid a lot of chemicals, often without much success Laughing ):

Water, Propylene Glycol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PEG-7 GlycerylEthylhexanoate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, French Rose Extract, Matricaria Extract, White Oak Bark Extract, Carbomer, Triethanolaimine, Imidazolidnyl Urea, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Magnesium Nitrate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Magnesium Chloride, Methylisothiazolinone, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, FD&C Blue No. 1 (CI 42090)
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Oh! I forgot to give it my rating!!

My issues with some ingredients aside, I still give this a Very Happy
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the review. I am always a little uneasy about some ingredients but it doesn't stop me using the products as I think some of the ingredient quantities are probably very small and I don't think you can get a cleanser to work without at least a few things to clean and preserve. I had been using the Juvena Fresh Cleansing Gel and this was so gentle even if it went in the eye (no sting at all) and, although I no longer have the empty tube to check, I think it had some similar ingredients. I just received an ISC cleanser yesterday and absolutely loved it but on seeing your review, I am still going to order the Cellcosmet products.

Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:03 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review Tiger_tim! I only tried a sample of this and liked it as well Smile I have a full size of the cream version though and love it! When it comes to repurchasing, I will probably be torn between the gel and the cream - I love the cream but like varying my products Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:16 am      Reply with quote
I have been thinking about getting the cream one too... I just like to have a cream one on hand in case I have make up on or for a little variety.

My weaknesses are cleansers and masks - both of which you can NEVER have too many of in my opinion. Unlike serums and moisturizers which you need to use for a month or more to enjoy the benefits, cleansers and masks are so instant. I guess I am really an "instant gratification" kind of personality. Rolling Eyes
anysound
5% products discount

Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:23 am      Reply with quote
For those that use the Cellcosmet Purifying Gel to remove waterproof makeup and sunscreen, how good are your results for cleansing with it? I was considering the Gentle Cream Cleanser, but from reading the reviews it doesn't seem as if it's up to the task so maybe it's something for morning duty.

Thank ye.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:55 am      Reply with quote
I have found purifying gel good for make-up/sunscreen removal (but then again I dont wear a solid covering of makeup or waterproof sunscreen). But it removes my fleur de teint foundation and Anise sunscreen no worries.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
I don't use makeup but it certainly has removed every sunscreen I have ever used. It is one of the few cleansers that when I wipe over with cotton wool and toner afterwards, the cotton ball is still clean.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
anysound wrote:
For those that use the Cellcosmet Purifying Gel to remove waterproof makeup and sunscreen, how good are your results for cleansing with it? I was considering the Gentle Cream Cleanser, but from reading the reviews it doesn't seem as if it's up to the task so maybe it's something for morning duty.

Thank ye.

I find that the Purifying Gel removes my sunscreen, mineral makeup and mascara very well. I am happy with it's performance.
jeannie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review. I'm also using this, I love it. I have used it with Cellcosmet Cream cleanser altenately. Currently I use Purifying Gel which I prefer due to the container type.

I have torn between Cellcosmet and Valmont Re: cleanser last couple of months, continue to try both to find out I'm leaning for Cellcosmet. The feeling aftr cleansing is more satisfying, i.e. feel removed everthing on my face and still fully moisturized and refreshed without any tightening.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:13 am      Reply with quote
Of the other posters here that use the purifying gel, has anyone tried a second bottle that has the slightly changed ingredients in it? Did you feel any difference? (I think it was Theresa who mentioned it in another thread, but I figured maybe someone else who answered here might have tried it)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:48 am      Reply with quote
I have not purchased this cleanser yet. But I am grateful that you brought up your thread again because I did not realize that the cleanser works better if you apply it on dry skin and then add water on top of it.

Come to think of it, I did the same experiment on the Cream cleanser and found it to work a lot better to remove my eye make-up. It did not irritate my skin or add dryness around the eye area.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |