Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Has anyone tried Marie Veronique products with emu oil?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
I was just wondering if anyone has tried this brand which I came across while searching for organic skin care products? It looks like a unique mixture of antioxidants, emu oil, stable sunscreen and some ingredients I have never heard of. It looks very pure and I am so curious about these products. Have a look and tell me what you think if you are interested in natural products:
http//www.m-vskintherapy.com
tl
5% products discount

Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
LOVE her products. I purchased her oily,blemish prone kit:

The kit for oily/combination and blemish-prone skin includes:
Creme de Jour SPF 25 50 mls
Serumdipity for oily skin 30 mls
Celtic Rain for oily skin 50 mls
La Vie en Rose Mask 50 mls
plus free gift--Out, Out Damn Spot blemish treatment 10 mls

The ingredients are top notch and ample. I've been searching for a sunscreen that won't make my skin crawl and I've found it! Her Celtic Rain spray is fabulous and smells so great, a wonderful stress buster!

My skin is just glowing and I love the way it feels and looks!

http://www.m-vskintherapy.com/index.html

Toni

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:27 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Toni, I have the Creme de Jour and also receivced samples of the night cream and the emu oil serum. I really loved the Creme de Jour to start with, but lately I have been experiencing some skin irritations and decided to discontinue use of this products since the ingredient list is very long and I could be reacting to any of the ingredients in there, so still searching for a cosmetically elegant non-chemical sunscreen...
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:39 am      Reply with quote
The creme de jour sounds like an interesting sunscreen. i noticed it has pearl powder. i might opt to try it if she ever offers it in a higher spf than 25, and if the pdd is also known.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
I so wanted to adore this range. It smells great, feels good and gives your skin instant radiance, but it made my skin itch...
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Smoothskin,

I am sorry it didn't work for you, but can you describe the smell of her products? I like natural lines but am not found of strong herb-y smells.

kris

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
I am currently trying her products (just got my order yesterday).

Love the smell, not too overpowering, not too strong, not too medicinal, dissipates soon enough (no complaints from my DH - is already a good sign).

So far, the only thing I can say that is has excellent anti-inflammatory and healing properties. One use is just too early to say more.

HTH,
Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lucy,

Can you describe the actual smell a little more? is it more citrusy or herb-y or what?

Can I ask what products you purchased? i really want to try MV but at the moment, i have 3 moisturizers sitting on my counter and one coming from the mail Embarassed .

I look forward to hearing your review.

kris

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:07 am      Reply with quote
I emailed Marie about the PDD in her creme de jour spf 25+. She is the nicest person and even spent a considerably amount of time talking about the PPD level of her SS! I definitely want to try this SS in the near future.

Kris

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
Smoothskin,

I am sorry it didn't work for you, but can you describe the smell of her products? I like natural lines but am not found of strong herb-y smells.

kris

It does have a strong herbal smell.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
Smoothskin--do you mean her whole entire line? i am interested mostly in her creme de jour SS.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
I also thought i would post Marie's email to me regarding the PDD of her sunscreen products. I found it an intriguing read since i have only recently been paying attention to the micronized particles concern (and yes i have asked her permission before posting this Smile )

Quote:
Hi Kristen--good question. Our lab doesn't do PPD testing as yet, though we are looking to present a new form of UVA testing that indicates protection levels for our product in the UVA range. What I can tell you is that we use non-micronized zinc oxide which provides the best UVA protection across the longest range--past 400 nm. CDJ 25+ contains 20% zinc oxide, which means its UVA protection, on a PPD scale, would be very high. I hesitate to adopt their numbers as we just don't use that type of testing. I would have to extrapolate from the ingredients that we use, based on test results for zinc oxide.
I am with you on focussing on UVA protection--I think this is the coming concern for skin companies. I have attached an article I have written about the sunbject if you would like more detail.
Thank you for your excellent question.
Sincerely,
Marie

She also attached additional info on a word document to me:

Quote:
UVA SUNBLOCKERS PREVENT AGING:
the essential item in preventing skin aging is a good sunblock that protects in the UVA range

Without our being aware of it, nanotechnology is creeping into more facets of everyday life. Nanoparticles might even be lurking in the lotion you are rubbing on your face and body. Looking for efficient transdermal delivery systems has led many skin care manufacturers to turn to very tiny particles (a particle 50 microns or less in size is considered a nanoparticle), which are designed to penetrate deeper layers of the skin. Industry watchdogs such as Friends of the Earth, taking their cue from the highly respected United Kingdom’s Royal Society, have raised objections to the practice. We know little about their effects, but it is speculated that nanoparticles may be able to cross biological membranes and access cells, enter the bloodstream and perhaps even interact in unexpected ways with the body’s immune system. The physics of nanoparticles is quite different, so calling for a moratorium on their use, at least until we know more about them, seems reasonable.

However, there is one important area of anti-aging skin care that will have difficulty adopting the precautionary principle (if you don’t know what it does, don’t use it). We all know that most skin aging is caused by UV (ultraviolet) exposure, and many of us have heard the news that the longer UV A wavelengths (from 320 to 400 nm on the spectrum) are the aging rays, responsible for sun spots and wrinkles. If you think your SPF 45 sunscreen provides adequate protection against the aging rays look again—the SPF rating only refers to the shorter wavelength UV B rays and most chemical sunscreens protect in the UV A range only up to about 360 nm. The ingredients currently in use to provide full-spectrum protection are Avobenzone, titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. Avobenzone protects up to 400 nm but degrades after 30 minutes in the sun, and titanium dioxide protects up to only 360 nm. Zinc oxide is a good bet, as it protects up to 400 nm and beyond and is also anti-inflammatory. Unfortunately, the public has not gravitated to zinc oxide creams because they find them heavy, greasy and too white. The solution for many companies has been to use “micronized” or nano-sized particles of titanium dioxide and zinc oxide in order to give a transparent look to their product. FOE claims that these nanoparticles are photoactive, producing free radicals and possible DNA damage. There is one other caveat to add the mix, namely, that the smaller the particle, the less effective the protection, particularly in the UV A range.

All these revelations point to an industry that typically rushes to market in lieu of rushing to testing. Part of the problem lies in the fact that companies are beginning to use technologies sophisticated beyond their ability to develop adequate testing models. For example, the Persistent Pigment Darkening (PPD) test currently in use to track UV A protection efficacy in sunscreen could be replaced by a much simpler quantitative test. Nanotechnology expert Dr. Jay L. Nadeau, professor of Bio-Medical Engineering at McGill University, suggests that "absorbance spectroscopy and fluorescence-based assays can also quantify UVA absorption."
In other words, nanoparticles may be instrumental in resolving issues around nanoparticle safety, which certainly makes for an elegant solution. Rather than depend on the skin care industry to provide the testing, it might make more sense to look to the nanotechnology community for answers.

If you would like more information about this topic, or to schedule an interview please use the following contact information:
Marie Veronique Nadeau 510-486-9792 marieveronique@m-vskintherapy.com
Dr. Jay L. Nadeau jay.nadeau@videotron.ca

Kris

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:40 am      Reply with quote
How does one get samples? Do you have to order something? I looked at the site and it's a bit pricey...Wish she had try-me sets or something.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
Smoothskin--do you mean her whole entire line? i am interested mostly in her creme de jour SS.

I am responding about the scent of the Creme De Jour SS. The emu oil was very mild in scent and the night cream was quite herbal.

I think it seems like she really knows her stuff and she is extremely helpful.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |